2020-21 ny mets thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2020-21 ny mets thread

Sandy has never been able to build a pen for the Mets... in the WS year, he got lucky with Familia.

New owner... same problems. We all knew the pen was short when Lugo went out and it bites them in the first game. Insane.

Sandy has never been able to build a pen for the Mets... in the WS year, he got lucky with Familia.

New owner... same problems. We all knew the pen was short when Lugo went out and it bites them in the first game. Insane.
If our manager doesn't take degrom out after 75 pitches we prob win. I don't think Rojas is a good manager.

If our manager doesn't take degrom out after 75 pitches we prob win. I don't think Rojas is a good manager.
As others have said, it’s a long season and I would trade any one loss for having Jake healthy for the next 5 years or so.

They paid money to these dudes for a reason. If they can’t fix the pen this season is toast.

DeGrom stats since 2018: 2.07 ERA, the lowest in the majors. Mets are 36-41 in games he started with 37 blown saves.

Jake will be 33 on June 19th and has only 70 career victories (70-51). He had 21 in 2018-19 so he might be 36 before he gets his 100th win. Hall of Fame voters are going to have to ignore his victory total to put him in the Hall. Last night Gary, Ron and Keith said he'll have to be evaluated as if he were Sandy Koufax, who had to abandon his career because of injury at age 30, (and even had 165 wins).

At least May provided signs of hope last night once he got back to using his fastball. Familia is still out of control... The opposing team doesn’t even have to swing, he’ll just walk enough people if you let him. In his defense, he also seems very unlucky as the Phils made weak contact that turned into hits a couple of times.

I wonder how much Mets hitters are rusty from the week off? Baseball players or such creatures of habit.

Oh well a win is a win, but I’m not sure I‘ll be able to watch games after the 7th inning any more... The pen makes it a slog to watch. One change I would like to see is for these guys to trust their stuff and stop nibbling around the strike zone. Induce some ground balls and pop outs once in a while and stop trying it get swings and misses.

At least May provided signs of hope last night once he got back to using his fastball. Familia is still out of control... The opposing team doesn’t even have to swing, he’ll just walk enough people if you let him. In his defense, he also seems very unlucky as the Phils made weak contact that turned into hits a couple of times.

I wonder how much Mets hitters are rusty from the week off? Baseball players or such creatures of habit.

Oh well a win is a win, but I’m not sure I‘ll be able to watch games after the 7th inning any more... The pen makes it a slog to watch. One change I would like to see is for these guys to trust their stuff and stop nibbling around the strike zone. Induce some ground balls and pop outs once in a while and stop trying it get swings and misses.

Stat of the game: Stroman threw 85 pitches in 6 innings and the three guys who followed threw 75 pitches in 3 innings.

Stat of the game: Stroman threw 85 pitches in 6 innings and the three guys who followed threw 75 pitches in 3 innings.

Stroman looked very good. This is a big year for him as he is going to be a free agent. It will be interesting to see what happens if he keeps pitching well. Will the Mets try and lock him up?

My guess is that they try and sign Stroman or Syndergaard during the season. Maybe the one who pitches the best. Kind of scary the way things look long term for the starting pitchers right now.

sad to see so many players are not committing to taking the jab.. you would think just seeing so many bad outcomes from not getting vaccinated with teams being shut down and NYorkers dying it would hit home to them but it doesnt seem to be.

Stroman looked very good. This is a big year for him as he is going to be a free agent. It will be interesting to see what happens if he keeps pitching well. Will the Mets try and lock him up?

My guess is that they try and sign Stroman or Syndergaard during the season. Maybe the one who pitches the best. Kind of scary the way things look long term for the starting pitchers right now.
We went from a dream 5 of DeGrom, thor, Harvey, Wheeler, Matz to jake and complete question marks. I think the Wilpons made a deal with the devil for the World Series trip and the devil took the. Mets pitching (other than Jake) and Cespedes ad his payment.

They don’t pitch to contact and don’t have enough control to nibble around the strike zone.

We went from a dream 5 of DeGrom, thor, Harvey, Wheeler, Matz to jake and complete question marks. I think the Wilpons made a deal with the devil for the World Series trip and the devil took the. Mets pitching (other than Jake) and Cespedes ad his payment.
Matz pitched great for the Blue Jays in his first start. I think he gave up 1 run and had 9 strikeouts. Even got into the 7th inning...

Matz pitched great for the Blue Jays in his first start. I think he gave up 1 run and had 9 strikeouts. Even got into the 7th inning...

the new Nolan Ryan. kind of.

Well the bullpen is a disaster and Conforto still can't get a big hit.

I might be in the minority, but I’m okay letting conforto walk.
He's a boras client so that's not a good start. I'm not giving him the money he's looking for right now unless he starts stepping it up in the clutch.

I dont know how its possible to continually load the bases and not get a hit like they have done.. they are turning 6-7 run games into 1-2 every night.

Nothing like a highlight tweet being a relief pitcher while being down a run.

I dont know how its possible to continually load the bases and not get a hit like they have done.. they are turning 6-7 run games into 1-2 every night.
They are terrible w RISP. They should turn this around at some point I guess.

Conforto is playing his way out of $50mm in lifetime value.

he has these huge slumps all the time.. mcneil is the one that they need to snap out of it.. he hasnt hit even in spring training this yr. Nimo will get on.. Lindor will hit. Smith will hit.. Pete will be Pete. after that who knows.. walk the bases loaded then nothing

he has these huge slumps all the time.. mcneil is the one that they need to snap out of it.. he hasnt hit even in spring training this yr. Nimo will get on.. Lindor will hit. Smith will hit.. Pete will be Pete. after that who knows.. walk the bases loaded then nothing
Maybe McNeil has spent too much time on his golf game.

Conforto gets hit by a pitch to win the game?

McNeil redeems himself with the HR. I still have ZERO faith in Conforto to come up in a high pressure situation.

Conforto gets hit by a pitch to win the game?

McNeil redeems himself with the HR. I still have ZERO faith in Conforto to come up in a high pressure situation.
Conforto should turn in his manhood.

Mattingly should be going scorched earth right now. Unscrewing bases. Ripping open rosin bags. Throwing seeds and bubble gum all over the place!! Lol.

Conforto should turn in his manhood.

Mattingly should be going scorched earth right now. Unscrewing bases. Ripping open rosin bags. Throwing seeds and bubble gum all over the place!! Lol.
Yeah... he would have been out with the bat on his shoulder if he hadn't leaned in. He took strike 3. I think Conforto is okay... but he's not a long term $100mm+ player. Let him walk and move Nimmo to his spot and find a new CF.