2020 Coaching Carousel | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Coaching Carousel

I never thought it would come to this but the echelon of HC opportunities is now -

1. Factory School HC Position

2. NFL HC Position (w/ acceptable starting QB or guaranteed draftee in place)

3. NFL HC Position (w/o acceptable current starting QB)

4. Non-Factory School P-5 HC Position
I think there's a lot of truth to this. It's probably a bit more complicated. Some guys are wired better for college and some for the NFL. Steve Spurrier was a college guy all the way. A bunch of good NFL coaches would probably crash and burn in college from having to deal with recruiting and boosters.

Yeah, but Shafer is the next interview, so... maybe next time.

yep putting the band back together. Hackett as HC, Doug as O line coach

Didn't Doug fire Hackett as the OC at Jax though or was he kind of forced too? cant remember

I would say Nate is still probably a year or two away but who knows? They love the pedigree of the guy he works under at GB

Last edited:
In CFB, so much of success rides on being able to assemble — and hold onto — a great coaching staff. Sometimes it takes a few years for the pieces to align and for things to take off. We saw that under Coach Mac. We saw that briefly under Marrone. I’m hopeful we can have that again now.

Yeah it's too bad Shafer didn't make the call with Lester right out of the gate. Things may have turned out differently.
Iv been beating this drum i think shafer would still possibly be our coach. Lesters offense was affective.

The "not being able to say who tested positive" is equal parts lazy and CYA on MTSU's part. The whole point of contact tracing is to know who had it and if you were nearby.

HIPA...it's against the law

HIPA...it's against the law
College football programs are masterful at using the word when it doesn't apply to avoid responsibility.

From HHS: "It generally limits release of information to the minimum reasonably needed for the purpose of the disclosure."

Saying "Joe has COVID and you were standing next to him" doesn't violate HIPAA because it's a necessary disclosure and doesn't say anything more than that.

Also, HIPAA only applies to Healthcare Providers, Insurance Agencies, and other medical clearinghouses.

Last edited:
And college football programs are masterful at using the word when it doesn't apply to avoid responsibility.

say whatever you want but it's against the law to reveal someone else's medical history. the elementary and high schools don't do it either.

say whatever you want but it's against the law to reveal someone else's medical history. the elementary and high schools don't do it either.
See the edit to my post. You're wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom