2020 Football Attendance | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Football Attendance

No, but at the same, does it say there won’t be? If schools are limiting attendance to 25%, wouldnt they not limit tailgating and/or enforce social distancing (as shown post they were trying to do it). Also, to your point, their might be an increase in the ratio of non-ticketed to ticketed tailgaters, but i would imagine schools step in to to make sure it doesn’t get out of control.

A few sec schools have come out and said no tailgating. The ones who haven’t are saying if we can develop a plan to make it work, we will

also, I believe at least for UGA the donor levels who just made the cut list and thus can go to one game, that ticket effectively costs them $1k. Most likely not the “average fan” going to these games this year

edit: I went ahead and skimmed thru the FSU tailgate release and its seems like they will be hard to come by if you aren’t going to the game

Seminole Booster members who qualify for parking will receive their print-at-home passes via email the week of the season-opener against Georgia Tech. General admission (scramble) parking will be issued to all donors who qualify ($330 and above) to only the games for which they select tickets.

Parking (reserved and general admission) for Golden, Platinum and Legacy Chiefs will be issued for all home games."
That’s good to hear.
I would love for things to be back to normal, we just have to power through 2020 and hope the virus is under control in 2021

Wonder how long Teir 1 and Teir 2 will have before the public can buy tix. Only 2 weeks notice.

King Andy I believe has to change his ruling first. First game isn't until late September so there is some time.

Im all for people and the country getting on with things but in person attendance at sporting events is at the bottom of the list

play the games, but fans in the stands is not essential

If they can do it - great - and candidly its a good time to test new stadium technologies like the paperless / cashless stuff we've discussed. The games are still the games though. Which is nice...

If they can do it - great - and candidly its a good time to test new stadium technologies like the paperless / cashless stuff we've discussed. The games are still the games though. Which is nice...

That is one main reason I think it would be really nice to at least have limited attendance this year is to work out any kinks in the mobile ticketing, cashless before we get a full Dome

That is one main reason I think it would be really nice to at least have limited attendance this year is to work out any kinks in the mobile ticketing, cashless before we get a full Dome

It’s kinda backwards that Upstate NY has virtually no Covid, but won’t have fans. Meanwhile some of these other states that are still a mess of Covid, will have fans.

King Andy I believe has to change his ruling first. First game isn't until late September so there is some time.

I don’t see us going from 50 person max gatherings to 10-12k in a month’s time. That’s quite the jump. Maybe if we define it as a protest? ;)

Im not sure if SU has a realistic plan for chokepoints like ticket gates, bathrooms, concessions, and passing by people in the aisles. Having a one way traffic flow could help and make alternating aisle traffic but I just don’t see it happening.

to me the games are the important part. rather sit at home then sit in the stands masked up after going through levels of screening that Dante came up with.

ATHLETICS / AUGUST 24, 2020
Share TWITTER FACEBOOK MAIL PRINT
UM Athletics Announces Stadium Capacity, Safety Protocol Plan for 2020 Football Season Opener

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – Miami Athletics, in conjunction with Hard Rock Stadium, the Miami Dolphins and local and state government officials, today announced its stadium capacity and safety protocol plan for the 2020 Hurricanes football home opener.

A maximum of 13,000 fans will be allowed to attend the home opener on Thursday, September 10, at Hard Rock Stadium against UAB. Kickoff time will be announced at a later date.

UM season ticket holders will have first priority to participate in an individual game on-sale. Additional details will be communicated via e-mail. If season ticket holders are not interested or able to attend games in-person, a portion or all of the funds in their account can be rolled over in support of the Canes United Covid-19 Relief Initiative. Their accounts can also be credited for the 2021 football season with the funds paid-to-date. A refund is also available if requested.

All seat locations, parking and tenure will be rolled over to the next season automatically. No action is needed for this to occur. UM Athletics has transitioned to a mobile ticketing system so all tickets and parking passes will be delivered electronically and must be scanned in on a mobile device at Hard Rock Stadium. Separate communication will be sent to UM students regarding attendance.

Policies for the 2020 season will include:

• GBAC Star certification
  • Socially distanced seating clusters
  • All fans and stadium employees will be required to wear a mask when not actively eating or drinking
  • Upgrading Air Conditioning filters from Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) 10 to MERV 14 (Hospital Grade)
  • Mobile touchless entry with more points of entries and exits to help avoid bottlenecks at ingress/egress
  • Staggered gate entry with entry times listed on game tickets
  • Cashless experience for food service, parking and retail
  • New walk through metal detectors with touchless security screening to allow fans to keep all items in their pockets for faster entry
  • 1 metal detector for every 104 fans vs 1 metal detector for every 394 fans in 2019
  • Changing from manual to contactless toilets and faucets
  • No smoking inside the stadium or helixes
  • No tailgating for 2020 season with parking lots open two hours before kickoff instead of four hours
Upon entry, fans will go through a touchless security scan. Food, beverage, parking and retail will become a cashless experience supported by in-app mobile and credit card payment options. Express pickup for food and beverage will also be available. Furthermore, all manual faucets, toilet handles, toilets, soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers have been changed to automatic sensors to provide a touchless restroom experience.

These programs are in addition to Hard Rock Stadium becoming the first stadium in the world to receive GBAC STAR™ accreditation from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association. Hard Rock Stadium completed 20 program elements focused on cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention practices to control risks associated with infectious agents.

Fare thee well, Louisville Cousins! I hardly knew ye.

Shame this is gonna be the easiest roadie to attend as I went to the game @ Ville last year.

What I really want to go to there is a heavy metal festival in September at the fairgrounds their stadium was on and stay at one of those hotels that would be in the middle of it. I've been to their place for hoops.

But nice things are not allowed. Lol so I just went to my first movie. Glad I picked the 645 and didn't go for Dolby at 730. The door to the theater was locked of course for covid 'safety' despite being by theater specific parking. And the mall closed at 7pm so of course those doors was locked. Yes there was no way to get in until someone left and open the doors. AMC employees were shocked that the mall would close when it was supposed to before the last showing and customers were locked out.

Can't make up some of this stuff.

Bills can't have fans for their first two games. Can't imagine Syracuse will be allowed to have fans INDOORS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom