2020 MLB Season... | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

Blue Jays making moves.

Hope Stripling works out. He’d always been solid every time he got the chance, but he’s been struggling with his command and has been an absolute launching pad this year.

Hopefully he turns it around - always liked him.

Always with the excuses. Rays have had more injuries and just keep on winning.

Cry some more!

No they dont. Have they lost players the quality of judge Stanton Torres DJ Severino britton kahnle ? No cause they dont have those guys stop it.

Also. I think you were the one who told me stop playing doctor. Well boone said yesterday torres is getting close to a return when Cashman said 3 to 6 weeks. What was he talking about ?

No they dont. Have they lost players the quality of judge Stanton Torres DJ Severino britton kahnle ? No cause they dont have those guys stop it.

Also. I think you were the one who told me stop playing doctor. Well boone said yesterday torres is getting close to a return when Cashman said 3 to 6 weeks. What was he talking about ?
Torres is nowhere near a return. Boone just said it because he reads this forum and wanted to shut you up.

7-1. End of discussion. Cry!

Im not the only one who told you to stop playing doctor, and frankly I don’t know or care what Boone/Cashman are talking about.

Ok, turning the clown show back off. Back to actual baseball discussion...

The White Sox continue to look like a potential monster. 1-4 start but since then they’ve played great ball. Powerful lineup. Jimenez and Robert are 22-23 years old. That team could be well suited to compete for the foreseeable future.

Ok, turning the clown show back off. Back to actual baseball discussion...

The White Sox continue to look like a potential monster. 1-4 start but since then they’ve played great ball. Powerful lineup. Jimenez and Robert are 22-23 years old. That team could be well suited to compete for the foreseeable future.
Luis Robert is one of those guys anyone should watch when at bat.

He hits missiles.
White Sox are sneaky in the playoffs.
Lucas Giolito is a stud ace.

I think the NL is Dodgers vs. Padres in the end.
In the AL there are legit 7 teams I could see winning the league.

Luis Robert is one of those guys anyone should watch when at bat.

He hits missiles.
White Sox are sneaky in the playoffs.
Lucas Giolito is a stud ace.

I think the NL is Dodgers vs. Padres in the end.
In the AL there are legit 7 teams I could see winning the league.

Yup. Their rotation doesn’t look particularly deep, but if Giolito is locked in and Keuchel is usually solid - they could have enough. Agreed that the AL looks wide open.

Dodgers have the best team in the NL, but anything can happen in these playoff series. Pads are playing well. I wouldn’t write the Cubs off either.

Snell would be the only player that would make our roster. Yeah I dont respect a team that has to duct tape and super glue a roster together. Am I angry they have owned us this year yes but we also have never been fully healthy team. They will be beaten by our healthy team the twins or the athletics in the playoffs. THAT IS NOT A PREDICTION THATS A SPOILER. God I hate that team so much.

Going back to this comment again. Isn't the duct tape and super glue method more blue collar? I figure that would be just your thing.

Going back to this comment again. Isn't the duct tape and super glue method more blue collar? I figure that would be just your thing.
The duct tape and super glue method had as many WS appearances as the Yankees did from 2010-2019.

So Joe Kelly doesn’t hit anyone but gets an 8 game suspension.
Chapman throws a 101 mph fastball at a Rays player head and he only gets three games. Rob Manfred is the worst commissioner in all of sports I can’t believe Roger Goodell isn’t the worst anymore.

The duct tape and super glue method had as many WS appearances as the Yankees did from 2010-2019.
They have such a deep prospect pool they’re able to either promote them or trade them for above average “ish” major leaguers without losing much depth

there isn’t any luck about it

Keep throwing at his head Yankees

He's a jerk. He made something out of nowhere. What Chapman has never been known to lose control with that electric arm ? Give me a break.

Torres is nowhere near a return. Boone just said it because he reads this forum and wanted to shut you up.

Stick to your Mets. Torres is at our alternative site and is on his way back. Prob be back by start of next week. Then all we will be waiting on is Stanton (BTW he is proving my point he is not a gamer) Judge and Paxton.

Nobody will want to play us healthy in playoffs.

Stick to your Mets. Torres is at our alternative site and is on his way back. Prob be back by start of next week. Then all we will be waiting on is Stanton (BTW he is proving my point he is not a gamer) Judge and Paxton.

A certain team that your 2 and 8 against might feel different about that.

I think something funny was going on in Houston with the pitchers. Everyone they signed (Morton, Cole etc) seemed to up their spin and mph, and out perform their standard. Cole is very good but a lot of those guys seemed to have career years in Houston.

For a guy who kept flapping about how this season HAD to happen, because the Yankees were going to be so amazing and were basically one of a few teams that had a shot to do anything, switching gears to “we’ll make the playoffs this year because half the league will and nobody will want to play us in the playoffs if we get healthy” has to be at least a little bit humbling, no?

Last edited:
I think something funny was going on in Houston with the pitchers. Everyone they signed (Morton, Cole etc) seemed to up their spin and mph, and out perform their standard. Cole is very good but a lot of those guys seemed to have career years in Houston.
Morton was good for Tampa last year too. The Rays and Astros have been way ahead in player development for years. The rest of the league is just now catching up.

Mets won that one for Seaver. Alonzo walkoff.
Yankees could be looking at a 3 game play in series in Tampa or Oakland.
Toronto is only 1 game behind them.

Rays-Yankees or A's-Yankees best of 3 would be fun.

Mets won that one for Seaver. Alonzo walkoff.
Yankees could be looking at a 3 game play in series in Tampa or Oakland.
Toronto is only 1 game behind them.

Rays-Yankees or A's-Yankees best of 3 would be fun.
This was a makeup for that debacle Sunday.

Dodgers...first team to 30 wins.

30-10! .750 ball so far.

I can’t help but feel it’s a shame that I’m not getting to see this team for 162 games, but at the same time I’m glad I’m getting to see them at all. 4 months with no sports was BAD.

I pull so hard for Kershaw and Jansen. Career Dodgers and they’ve both been so great for many years, but have had a few really bad moments on the biggest stage. Great seeing them both in peak form so far this year.

Ronald Acuna already holds the Braves record for leadoff HRs in a career with 18. He is 22 years old. That's just stupid crazy.

Ronald Acuna already holds the Braves record for leadoff HRs in a career with 18. He is 22 years old. That's just stupid crazy.

My money would’ve been on Otis Nixon.

Just kidding.

Dodgers...first team to 30 wins.

30-10! .750 ball so far.

I can’t help but feel it’s a shame that I’m not getting to see this team for 162 games, but at the same time I’m glad I’m getting to see them at all. 4 months with no sports was BAD.

I pull so hard for Kershaw and Jansen. Career Dodgers and they’ve both been so great for many years, but have had a few really bad moments on the biggest stage. Great seeing them both in peak form so far this year.
It's all about October for the Dodgers whether they win 50 games or whatever. They need to get over the postseason hump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom