2020 MLB Season... | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

I wonder if Cuserunner actually realizes that going over the Luxury Tax means you are handing money over to your competitors.
{orange79 inserts lame, repetitive duct tape comment}

Your not a Yankee fan so it doesn't compute with you. Home Grown superstar king of the city. He is a team first guy he has no ego. He want's to win multiple championships here with the Yankees. Same age as Mookie Betts. Mookie got 12 years 365. Judge would probably take 7 years 175 or 8 years 180. That is totally fair given his injury history. Judge is a different cat he won't hold the Yankees hostage which could hamper future team spending (which shouldn't matter anyway like I said being how much money the franchise is worth and makes)

Im a fan of the world champs, and I was integral. I look down on fans of peasant pedestrian playoff losers like the Yankees.

Im a fan of the world champs, and I was integral. I look down on fans of peasant pedestrian playoff losers like the Yankees.

You don't fool me DW. The reason you had your Cheerleading outfit on all season for the RAYS was because u wanted no part of the Yankees in the World Series. We would have gotten Paxton back for the WS if we made it too.

You don't fool me DW. The reason you had your Cheerleading outfit on all season for the RAYS was because u wanted no part of the Yankees in the World Series. We would have gotten Paxton back for the WS if we made it too.

No. I was just trolling you. Gonna go watch some highlights of the 2020 World Series.

Fan of champs, out.

OrangeDW = pwned big time.

No. I was just trolling you. Gonna go watch some highlights of the 2020 World Series.

Fan of champs, out.

U wouldn't have the Championship if not for the Dodgers blank checks they hand out. And before u say don't play that card being a Yankee fan. We don't spend like u and we should. That's why you probably would have beaten us in the WS.

U wouldn't have the Championship if not for the Dodgers blank checks they hand out. And before u say don't play that card being a Yankee fan. We don't spend like u and we should. That's why you probably would have beaten us in the WS.
The Dodgers are the perfect organization. Their general manager came from the Rays.

Overwhelming majority of the Dodgers lineup are homegrown players or scrap heap guys they developed. The only player they’re paying over 25 million is Mookie Betts and they gave up Verdugo who is another player they grew.

My god can you please just research before you post. Aaron judge is not going to leave a boatload of money on the table.
You get one chance to sign a long-term contract in baseball Unless you are A-Rod or are a free agent really young.

Aaron Judge will probably sign a contract around Nolan Arenado’s contract.

That would be judge giving the Yankees a hometown discount. 32.5 million for eight years. Not $25 million a year that’s Xander Bogaerts money.

Last edited:

AJ Pollock the only free agent we signed with a decent contract.

Kershaw, Buehler, May, Urias, Smith, Seager, Bellinger, Pederson, Jansen all homegrown.

Kike, Muncy, Turner, Taylor - all off the scrap heap.

And then we had the homegrown capital to trade for Mookie. And the money to keep him.

Great farm system, smart scrap heap pickups turning into all stars, and all kinds of money to keep our guys.

Jealous? I am sooooo integral, and my integral loyalty has been rewarded.

Fan of champs, out.

Last edited:

If you piss me off, we’ll snatch Judge from you. Could use someone in the 7 hole.

Tread lightly.

Stevie Cohen might get in on that. The irony of a Yankee fan accusing another team of buying a Championship lol.

Funny thing is I would love for it to be true so I could rub it in his face that the Dodgers are signing everyone and the Yanks aren’t.

But it’s really just...not true at all. Guy has an AMAZING ability to have the wrong take on literally everything. Never seen anything like it.

Funny thing is I would love for it to be true so I could rub it in his face that the Dodgers are signing everyone and the Yanks aren’t.

But it’s really just...not true at all. Guy has an AMAZING ability to have the wrong take on literally everything. Never seen anything like it.
I say we just have fun with it. That's what I've been trying to do.

You didn't get Gerrit Cole last year despite being from California and everybody saying he wanted to play on the west coast. You wanted no part of facing him 3 times in the world series had we made it. You don't fool me.

You didn't get Gerrit Cole last year despite being from California and everybody saying he wanted to play on the west coast. You wanted no part of facing him 3 times in the world series had we made it. You don't fool me.

We spend our money smartly.

Cole is excellent. But paying a pitcher 36 million a year until he’s 37?

Turns out we didn’t need him though, eh?

Last edited:
Voit, Sanchez, Judge are all going to get raises via arbitration or settlements.
Plus DJL and Tanaka are FAs.
CuseRunner thinks it’s Yankees Manifest destiny for every player to want to play for the pinstripes and earn their pinstripes.

Yankees are at 165 million.
Luxury tax is 210.
That 165 doesn’t include arbitration for the guys I listed.

Voit, Sanchez, Judge are all going to get raises via arbitration or settlements.
Plus DJL and Tanaka are FAs.
CuseRunner thinks it’s Yankees Manifest destiny for every player to want to play for the pinstripes and earn their pinstripes.

Yankees are at 165 million.
Luxury tax is 210.
That 165 doesn’t include arbitration for the guys I listed.

It's always hard for me to tell with the payroll projections, but I think the 165 estimate does include the arb estimates?

I wonder the last time the Mets had a higher payroll than the Yankees?

It's always hard for me to tell with the payroll projections, but I think the 165 estimate does include the arb estimates?

I wonder the last time the Mets had a higher payroll than the Yankees?
Spotrac projects the Yankees really close to the luxury tax without adding any FAs.
They count player benefits that all teams must carry as well which are around 15 million dollars per team.

The Mets will likely eventually pass the Yankees in payroll because Cohen is more motivated right now.

Spotrac projects the Yankees really close to the luxury tax without adding any FAs.
They count player benefits that all teams must carry as well which are around 15 million dollars per team.

The Mets will likely eventually pass the Yankees in payroll because Cohen is more motivated right now.

I saw the Sportrac thing, that's what really confused me.

I think its the difference between the actual payroll (dollars spent in 2021) and the CBT payroll, which is based on average annual salary. I'm not exactly sure why there is such a big difference there. Good thing I'm not a Yankee fan so I don tneed to really care about this

DJ, I love you. But how greedy can you be. Those figures sets you and your family your wife and kids for the rest of your lives. Both sides come up Yankees come up DJ come down. Meet the middle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom