2020 MLB Season... | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

Dodgers best the Padres twice in a row to stretch their NL West lead to 3.5 games with 10 games to go. I was getting worried that the Division title streak of 7 straight years was in jeopardy. Though SD’s games left are against bad teams in SF, Seattle, and the Angels. While the Dodgers still have a tough series with Oakland remaining.

Would really suck to have the streak snapped in a 60 game season. Should be ok though after these last two W’s.

The main feature headline right now on ESPN.com is "Cowboy Joe West does things one way – his way." Well Joe, the fact that you are a headline on ESPN.com and people know who you are as an umpire means you're doing it the wrong way.

The main feature headline right now on ESPN.com is "Cowboy Joe West does things one way – his way." Well Joe, the fact that you are a headline on ESPN.com and people know who you are as an umpire means you're doing it the wrong way.

Years ago when people were complaining about Burr and Higgins after and SU basketball game, I posted that I didn't know who the best referee in the conference was - and that's why he was the best.

Years ago when people were complaining about Burr and Higgins after and SU basketball game, I posted that I didn't know who the best referee in the conference was - and that's why he was the best.

Exactly. Thank you!

How does this turd keep his job.
If you want to run expand the playoff for a fraud 60 game season go ahead.

If they are expanding the playoffs in a 162 game season their season becomes a lot less relevant.

Agree totally. I am open to it this season because why not? This is the season to try things. But beyond this, it's a little bit too much "everyone gets to play." I guess you might have more teams actually trying to field competitive teams, but I think there needs to be something special about making the playoffs that this takes away.

Calling it now. Only team in the AL which will be a bigger fraud in the playoffs then Tampa Bay Rays will be the Chicago White Sox. Both teams will be out early.

Agree totally. I am open to it this season because why not? This is the season to try things. But beyond this, it's a little bit too much "everyone gets to play." I guess you might have more teams actually trying to field competitive teams, but I think there needs to be something special about making the playoffs that this takes away.

1) November baseball sucks.
2) Baseballs' regular season is twice as long as basketball's and hockey's and ten times as long as the NFL yet, after 162 games Manfred wants everybody into a best of three roulette wheel to start the playoffs.
3) Baseball is played in rotations with n physical contact. The best teams have the lowest winning percentage of any sport and the worst teams have the highest winning percentage. They don't even use the term 'upset' when a last place team beats a first place team. It's easier for a mediocre team to get hot and win a championship in this sport. People want to feel that the team that won the championship proved they were really the best team.

We've already dispenses with pennant races and ceded August and September to football. Now let's make the regular season totally meaningless. Brilliant!

Calling it now. Only team in the AL which will be a bigger fraud in the playoffs then Tampa Bay Rays will be the Chicago White Sox. Both teams will be out early.
hot-take-we-got-a-hot-take-over-here-see-no-one-cares.jpg

1) November baseball sucks.
2) Baseballs' regular season is twice as long as basketball's and hockey's and ten times as long as the NFL yet, after 162 games Manfred wants everybody into a best of three roulette wheel to start the playoffs.
3) Baseball is played in rotations with n physical contact. The best teams have the lowest winning percentage of any sport and the worst teams have the highest winning percentage. They don't even use the term 'upset' when a last place team beats a first place team. It's easier for a mediocre team to get hot and win a championship in this sport. People want to feel that the team that won the championship proved they were really the best team.

We've already dispenses with pennant races and ceded August and September to football. Now let's make the regular season totally meaningless. Brilliant!
Great rant and agree 100%. It's gone from a sport where it went straight to the World Series to the likelihood that team with a losing record could make the playoffs. That swings it way too far. Adding the second wild card team is absolutely enough already

not sure the Mets had a choice once Matz and Wocha got hurt. Peterson saved the season just by giving them some innings.. just not blowing those 2 huge leads from being in the Wild Card slot right now..

We are 3 outs away from winning 10 in a row and have only picked up maybe 2 games on Tampa Bay who is winning again tonight. They will be exposed for the frauds they are in the postseason though.

Really want White Sox-Yankees first round over Twins-Yankees.

Also Dodgers should want no part of the Reds in a 1-8 series.
Bauer and Gray would scare me in a 3 game series.

Also Dodgers should want no part of the Reds in a 1-8 series.
Bauer and Gray would scare me in a 3 game series.

Sonny Skies will turn Dark come October. Take it from a Yankee fan here.

Cleveland is one game ahead of the Yankees and one game behind the White Sox.

Shane Bieber would neutralize Gerrit Cole.

If I am the Yankees I want the Twins first, White Sox second and Cleveland the least.

Cleveland is one game ahead of the Yankees and one game behind the White Sox.

Shane Bieber would neutralize Gerrit Cole.

If I am the Yankees I want the Twins first, White Sox second and Cleveland the least.

Yankees are the best team in the AL when healthy. And guess what we are healthy now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom