2020 MLB Season... | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

Roger Clemens was like 0-999 against Dave Stewart and the A’s.

He always gagged for the Sox in the playoffs and was great in the regular season.

Clayton Kershaw is the greatest pitcher since Pedro Martinez.
Randy Johnson was another stud who in the postseason struggled.

Billy Beane in Moneyball nailed it when talking about the postseason. It’s all luck in the postseason. Just get in and then it just comes down to dumb luck.
Derek Lowe was money when the pressure was on in the postseason but during the season he would get bombed.

I don’t really blame Kershaw. He has had good moments and he has had poor performances in postseason. My fantasy team Kershawshank Redemption pitching squad has been carried since by Kershaw since 2009.
the idea that it's all luck in the post season is absolutely, positively ridiculous. Do you believe that about the Pats as well? Some guys are winners. Some guys aren't. That is just life. Some people, for whatever reason, panic. Others,for some reason, do not. Clemens was dynamite in game 6 of the series against the Mets. Should never have been taken out. By the way, the next time Billy Beane wins in the post season will be the first. Small market but so are the Rays. Once again, Sandy Koufax, Bob Gibson, those guys sure were lucky. Is the moment too big for you? Clayton has been a great regular season pitcher. He has benefited from playing in a non dh league and in a division that has a lot of what are considered pitchers parks. If you want to take Clayton in a big game, be my guest. I have a slew of guys that I would rather have. By the way, of active pitchers who have pitched more than 100 innings in the post season, he has the highest ERA. oh, and roger was 12-8 overall in the postseason. That isn't so bad. It's a winning record and those games against the A's, the A's were so much better than the Sox, it wasn't close. and against the A's in the post season, Clemens was 0-1. That isn't 0-999

Last edited:
the idea that it's all luck in the post season is absolutely, positively ridiculous. Do you believe that about the Pats as well? Some guys are winners. Some guys aren't. That is just life. Some people, for whatever reason, panic. Others,for some reason, do not. Clemens was dynamite in game 6 of the series against the Mets. Should never have been taken out. By the way, the next time Billy Beane wins in the post season will be the first. Small market but so are the Rays. Once again, Sandy Koufax, Bob Gibson, those guys sure were lucky. Is the moment too big for you? Clayton has been a great regular season pitcher. He has benefited from playing in a non dh league and in a division that has a lot of what are considered pitchers parks. If you want to take Clayton in a big game, be my guest. I have a slew of guys that I would rather have. By the way, of active pitchers who have pitched more than 100 innings in the post season, he has the highest ERA.
He got cheated in 2017 no doubt.
Chris Sale, the Yankees starters, Yu Darvish, and Kershaw had to deal with the Astros cheating them by stealing their signs.

Kershaw got screwed big time in 2017. He pitched a gem in game 1. Astros cheated him so badly in 2017 game 5. They did it to Chris Sale as well but that Sox team wasn’t as good as the Dodgers.

He got cheated in 2017 no doubt.
Chris Sale, the Yankees starters, Yu Darvish, and Kershaw had to deal with the Astros cheating them by stealing their signs.

Kershaw got screwed big time in 2017. He pitched a gem in game 1. Astros cheated him so badly in 2017 game 5. They did it to Chris Sale as well but that Sox team wasn’t as good as the Dodgers.
Without me looking it up, did Sale pitch game 1 in Houston? By the way, I'm shocked that Clemens was only 0-1 vs Oakland for the Sox in '88 and '90. It did seem like he came up short more than that. But overall, his 12-8 is fine.

Without me looking it up, did Sale pitch game 1 in Houston?
Yes.
The Astros had his signals. Altuve hit 3 HRs in game 1, 2 of them off Sale. They really cheated badly at home that entire postseason
Their camera gave them all the signals and they used whistles to send out the pitches.

Yes.
The Astros had his signals. Altuve hit 3 HRs in game 1, 2 of them off Sale. They really cheated badly at home that entire postseason
Their camera gave them all the signals and they used whistles to send out the pitches.
They also banged on a drum. You can pull that up. Clear as day. Makes the Sox beating them 3 straight in Houston in 2018 all the better

Just curious how many Red Sox and Yankee pitchers, since we have been around to see them, would we rather have pitch for us in big game than Clayton. Regular season, yes. Post season, not so much.

El Duque's first playoff start in 1998 at Cleveland with Yankees down 2-1 showed more guts than Kershaw ever did.

Without me looking it up, did Sale pitch game 1 in Houston? By the way, I'm shocked that Clemens was only 0-1 vs Oakland for the Sox in '88 and '90. It did seem like he came up short more than that. But overall, his 12-8 is fine.

I lived in Boston not too long after he left for Toronto. Two playoff conspiracy theories I heard on sports talk radio by a very bitter anti Clemens contingent were he asked out of 1986 WS Game 6 and that Oakland had him so shook that he intentionally threw at them in Game 1 of 1990 ALCS to get himself thrown out of the game.

I lived in Boston not too long after he left for Toronto. Two playoff conspiracy theories I heard on sports talk radio by a very bitter anti Clemens contingent were he asked out of 1986 WS Game 6 and that Oakland had him so shook that he intentionally threw at them in Game 1 of 1990 ALCS to get himself thrown out of the game.
There has always been a disagreement about the '86 game. Clemens said he wanted to stay in the game. McNamara said he asked out. On this, I believe Clemens. In 1990, he got thrown out for arguing with the umpire. Not for hitting anyone.

El Duque's first playoff start in 1998 at Cleveland with Yankees down 2-1 showed more guts than Kershaw ever did.
Believe me, I could go on with a lot of pitchers from just those two teams.

There has always been a disagreement about the '86 game. Clemens said he wanted to stay in the game. McNamara said he asked out. On this, I believe Clemens. In 1990, he got thrown out for arguing with the umpire. Not for hitting anyone.

even easier to be thrown out that way. makes you think.

Clemens has been proven as a liar.
He lied about wanting to go closer to home when he left Boston . Signing with Toronto which was further away from Texas. Clemens couldn’t even thank the fans when he signed with Toronto. He purposely avoided it when asked.

He lied to get himself traded from Toronto to New York.
He lied about using PEDs and tried to ruin Brian McNamee.

John McNamara was a salty old school baseball manager who was an idiot but he wasn’t a liar.
If he says Clemens asked out I believe him.

Clemens didn’t get the losses in those A’s games but he never beat Dave Stewart when it matttered. Stewart relished pitching against Clemens.
Clemens got himself ejected in 1990 it was selfish.

For all the stuff said about Clemens his postseason with Boston was medicore at best like Kershaw.

He lied about wanting to go closer to home when he left Boston . Signing with Toronto which was further away from Texas. Clemens couldn’t even thank the fans when he signed with Toronto. He purposely avoided it when asked.

John McNamara was a salty old school baseball manager who was an idiot but he wasn’t a liar.

Clemens didn’t get the losses in those A’s games but he never beat Dave Stewart when it matttered. Stewart relished pitching against Clemens.

For all the stuff said about Clemens his postseason with Boston was medicore at best like Kershaw.

What he did to Mike Piazza is up there with the Kermit Washington - Rudy T punch.

First, McNamara was renown as a liar. Second, we are looking at the career. Maybe Kershaw won't end his career as a total failure in the post season. Neither of us know one way or the other. However, once again, of active pitchers with over 100 innings, Kershaw has the highest ERA. And keep in mind, when he is only pitching in the N.L. in years past, he didn't face the DH. Clemens record of 12-8 is fine. Kershaw has let his team down, time after time. Take the 2018 world series. In both starts against the Red Sox, he got his team behind right away. Playing from behind is tough in the post season because teams will go to the bull pen early if they have to. Also, in that game 6 we are talking about, Clemens pitched 7 innings allowed only 4 hits and two runs. Only one of which was earned. Left with the lead. Kershaw wishes he had a game as good as that in the same situation. But this isn't about Clemens. It's about the total disappointment Kershaw has been when it counted most.

Wow! Beating the Braves with Fried going is major! Buehler really did a great job.

Shame that Kershaw couldn’t go in game 2, because he’d be ready for tomorrow if so.

Disagree with ARod and these guys. You don’t pitch Kershaw on 2 days rest. Gonsolin starts, and Urias out of the pen if Gonsolin doesn’t go deep. They’re good pitchers and our freshest starters.

Disagree with ARod and these guys. You don’t pitch Kershaw on 2 days rest. Gonsolin starts, and Urias out of the pen if Gonsolin doesn’t go deep. They’re good pitchers and our freshest starters.
Dodgers need all hands on deck except Buehler.
Anyone else should be available for an inning.

Start your best reliever and just go with a bullpen game of your best pitchers.

Dodgers need all hands on deck except Buehler.
Anyone else should be available for an inning.

Start your best reliever and just go with a bullpen game of your best pitchers.

Gonsolin had a 2.31 ERA this year. He’s fully rested and ready to go. I’m good with him starting like a normal game. And yeah, from there it’s all hands on deck, as needed. I’d go Urias before Kershaw if it comes to that though. 3 days rest vs. 2 is a big difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom