2020 Schedule | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Schedule

There are three doubleheader opportunities to catch the Women's team this year.

Fri Feb 7, Women play Canisius at 3 PM before the Men play Colgate

Sat Feb 15, Women play Albany at 12 PM before the Men play Bingo.

Fri Feb 28, Women play Maryland at 3 PM before the Men play Hobart.

Fri at 3pm in the dead of February is a brutal start time.

Thank you for spreading the word. Some of you that are supporting the men's team should also consider supporting the women. This is the first year since Kayla Treanor graduated that we actually have a shot to win a title this year. The women's game has come a longgg way-- is much faster and more flashy, which has made watching much more fun. They need all the fan support they can get :)

Our schedule was released today. It lists the game time as noon on April 18. Of note, our other 3 ACC games are all on Thursday nights, undoubtedly on the ACC Network.

Plus, the "Southern" quarterfinals are at Hofstra, y'all.

Last edited:
Our schedule was released today. It lists the game time as noon on April 18. Of note, our other 3 ACC games are all on Thursday nights, undoubtedly on the ACC Network.

Plus, the "Southern" quarterfinals are at Hofstra, y'all.

UVa says the game is at Noon, and SU says 1 PM.

Don't start without us. :D

Looks like they have changed the time of the Colgate game. It will be at 4 pm, Friday February 7th. Not a great time, as it would be over by the time I got home from work. Looks like they have switched it with the girls game, which starts at 7:30 pm. All for giving the girls team more exposure.

Looks like they have changed the time of the Colgate game. It will be at 4 pm, Friday February 7th. Not a great time, as it would be over by the time I got home from work. Looks like they have switched it with the girls game, which starts at 7:30 pm. All for giving the girls team more exposure.

I seem to remember last years game being a very early game as well maybe like 6 or something like that. I don't want to get ahead of myself here but part of the switch maybe that SU should be an enormous favorite against Gate. I was told that Jacksonville annhililated them in a scrimmage last week and Gate opens up the season the week before our game at UNC. Still I have to admit its a bit odd to move the mens game to 4.

Ugh.

Unemployed and Retired Day at the Dome.

Looks like I will have to try and get out of work early then...dang there's really no way of avoiding this? Season opener/all the hype surrounding the team/the revenge game against Colgate? I certainly hope it wasn't something as simple as us being "heavily favored"

Looks like I will have to try and get out of work early then...dang there's really no way of avoiding this? Season opener/all the hype surrounding the team/the revenge game against Colgate? I certainly hope it wasn't something as simple as us being "heavily favored"

Hard to think what else it could be honestly.

Hard to think what else it could be honestly.
Powelfan mentioned that it switched with the women's game. Could be a scheduling conflict with their opponent? Super annoying these things change around so close to the start date.

Powelfan mentioned that it switched with the women's game. Could be a scheduling conflict with their opponent? Super annoying these things change around so close to the start date.

Canisius?

They're only two hours away from us.

Canisius?

They're only two hours away from us.

Yeah probably not that I guess. Didnt know it was Canisius. Major bummer whatever the reason. We were heavily favored last year too.

I assumed the womens team must playing a higher end opponent but as Extreme noted their playing Canisius. Based on that I have no idea what SU is doing or why they would move the game times. No offense to the women's team but if were comparing popularity its not even close.

The problem with ESPNU is that they will put games on when no one will watch, but at least the games are "watchable". Too bad they couldn't move it to Thursday night (would rather that than Friday night TBH), there is no game scheduled for the dome that day. But imagine it would cost money to have the games on Thursday as well as Friday.

I seem to remember last years game being a very early game as well maybe like 6 or something like that. I don't want to get ahead of myself here but part of the switch maybe that SU should be an enormous favorite against Gate. I was told that Jacksonville annhililated them in a scrimmage last week and Gate opens up the season the week before our game at UNC. Still I have to admit its a bit odd to move the mens game to 4.
I have not been able to find any information about Gate's scrimmage with Jacksonville. Gate also has 2 scrimmages this weekend: Binghamton and Canisius I believe. Hoping someone reports something about the games.

There was a twitter feed going for the Jacksonville-Colgate scrimmage, Dolphins won big. Let me see if I can find it.

Looks like @lax904 covers Dolphin lacrosse. Final was Jacksonville 17 Colgate 8. Side note, Jacksonville won their scrimmage 17-14 over UNC last weekend.

Last edited:
There was a twitter feed going for the Jacksonville-Colgate scrimmage, Dolphins won big. Let me see if I can find it.

Looks like @lax904 covers Dolphin lacrosse. Final was Jacksonville 17 Colgate 8. Side note, Jacksonville won their scrimmage 17-14 over UNC last weekend.
Thank you and interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom