2020 Schedule | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Schedule

Yale Feb 1.

Scrimmage, right?

Yes, we have played them as the final scrimmage each of the past two years. The Ivy league doesn't start games that early, its a scrimmage.

Colgate's schedule looks pretty Brutal. First 4 games all on the road at UNC, Cuse, Princeton and then Hobart in probably 13 degree weather.

They also play at Cornell and at Harvard later in the year - oofa.

The UVa MLax office just sent out an e-mail that semi-confirms our game has been moved to April 18 in C'ville.

Here's the proviso on the e-mail:
"The upcoming 2020 Spring Schedule will be officially announced in a month’s time. I am going to throw caution to the wind here and provide what we have at this point. But know that the ACC-ESPN contract can move the dates/times of our games… so don’t print this out and tape it to your refrigerator quite yet! Typically, only ACC games are impacted with such changes, but there is always the chance non-conference games could be moved as well. New this year is the Thursday Night game-of-the-week concept, which will see some ACC conference games moved off of the weekend to Thursdays. We will know exact scheduling decisions by December 15th, the contractual date of notification. The ACC has changed the conference tournament format once again, returning it to the 4 team / one-weekend model."

Last edited:
The UVa MLax office just sent out an e-mail that semi-confirms our game has been moved to April 18 in C'ville.

Here's the proviso on the e-mail:
"The upcoming 2020 Spring Schedule will be officially announced in a month’s time. I am going to throw caution to the wind here and provide what we have at this point. But know that the ACC-ESPN contract can move the dates/times of our games… so don’t print this out and tape it to your refrigerator quite yet! Typically, only ACC games are impacted with such changes, but there is always the chance non-conference games could be moved as well. New this year is the Thursday Night game-of-the-week concept, which will see some ACC conference games moved off of the weekend to Thursdays. We will know exact scheduling decisions by December 15th, the contractual date of notification. The ACC has changed the conference tournament format once again, returning it to the 4 team / one-weekend model."

Thursday is my trivia night :(

And any ACC game at Syracuse this season will be outside in the cold. :(

Thursday is my trivia night :(

And any ACC game at Syracuse this season will be outside in the cold. :(

Thanks for the update Hoo's That, appreciated! ESPN tried a Wednesday night "Game of the Week" a number of years ago (I think 'Cuse played Rob Pannel's Cornell in a very epic SU win). Since it never returned I figured the idea had failed. I kind of like the Saturday noon time games personally. Hopefully if they go through with this they choose a 'Cuse road game to broadcast (at Duke or at UVA).

Anyone know why they haven't updated the online roster yet? Last year they updated it at the end of October. Seems like most other DI teams have 2020 rosters online.

Anyone know why they haven't updated the online roster yet? Last year they updated it at the end of October. Seems like most other DI teams have 2020 rosters online.

Because ... Syracuse.

They stopped tweeting out commitment notices after the first 4-5.

Thanks for the update Hoo's That, appreciated! ESPN tried a Wednesday night "Game of the Week" a number of years ago (I think 'Cuse played Rob Pannel's Cornell in a very epic SU win). Since it never returned I figured the idea had failed. I kind of like the Saturday noon time games personally. Hopefully if they go through with this they choose a 'Cuse road game to broadcast (at Duke or at UVA).

From what that e-mail said, they could easily move at least one game each weekend to Sunday so it can be on the ACC Network. I'm totally convinced that each Saturday there will be a triple header of lacrosse, softball, and baseball in some combination with noon, 3:30, and 7:00 start times on the ACC Network. By moving one game to Sunday each weekend, they can broadcast both conference MLax games.

It helps, big time! Nothing we weren't expecting, but it is kind of a daunting schedule to look at. They really need to finish the first four games undefeated, and will have a number of tough games the rest of the year. I think SU will be a better team than last year, but right now its hard to tell what to make of their opponents.

I think Albany will be better - Nanticoke seems like hes more engaged this offseason and they return some other good players. Cornell should be better as well with Teat as a senior, but their defense still has holes to fill. Not sure what to make of Hopkins and Rutgers, both teams SU needed fourth quarter comebacks against and now they'll be going on the road. UNC should be better, and I think ND and Duke take a step back from last year but they are always good. UVA will be a monster. I would favor them in their first six games, but the rest seem like toss ups to me.

Really wish they would have thrown an "easier" game in as a 13th game near the end of the season, there really are no easy games after February (and they dropped an "easy" game against Colgate last year). Feels like they could have been more creative to get more home games for later in the season, only 2 after February still makes me shake my head.
Duke will be better this year, and Duke will be the best next year. I predict 0 to 2 titles.

Interested in getting more peoples thoughts on who you would like to see replace Navy and/or Rutgers (if they are in fact gone from the schedule). Desko scheduled them two years ago to improve the team's SOS and probably thought both teams would perform better than they did RPI-wise (neither made the tournament), though SU ended up with a 2-2 record over the past two years against them.

Selfishly I'd like to see a New England school get scheduled again, maybe Brown or even bring back UMass. As for the other team, I personally think their schedule is hard enough as it is without Yale or Maryland, I'd be more inclined to see them schedule a team ranked in the 8-15 range. I would have liked for it to be Denver but it sounds like they are already scrimmaging. Maybe Ohio State or Penn?

Not UMass. We don't need to revisit that pathology.

Because ... Syracuse.

They stopped tweeting out commitment notices after the first 4-5.
Instead of blasting x in the same day (as would happened on a football signing day) my only guess is they rather release little by little for maximum exposure (a couple of recruits to have their own day)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom