2020 USMNT Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2020 USMNT Thread

A few USMNT tidbits related to one of the best clubs in the world. Chris Richards was on the bench Tuesday and should see some game time in the last couple games with the title clinched. There’s also this speculation that would be a great move for Dest. Having him partner with Gnabry on the right and allowing Pavard to play CB would make a dynamic Bayern squad even more so.

I had a bunch of thoughts typed out, but man, I just want to see these guys get back on the field again. It's been so long since we've seen them put in a good game against a good opponent. I really wanna see this young squad put in some work and get some wind back in our sails.

I think Reyna should play as the 10 in a 3-man midfield with Adams and McKennie. They still need to vastly improve on the wing. Jordan Morris should be a placeholder only. He's not really elevating the team to new levels.

Sargent and Bremen having a much better day than John Brooks and his Wolfsburg side are having against Bayern. Hard to blame Brooks for any of the goals and his CB partner just got sent off.

Hate to admit that Berhalter’s 19 year old son was pretty impressive for Columbus last night. He’s down the list a bit compared to our young guys in Europe but he’s better than I expected.

The US has a legitimate star on their hands.

I love Clint Dempsey but Pulisic is more talented than him and is much more than a good player "for an american". It's amazing. Let's hope the other young guys also develop more. Adams, McKennie, Reyna, Sargent etc.

yup.. if you can get 3-4 playing at a high level you can build a team. I think that we see glimpses of pieces and so many are young enough to give some hope.

I've mentioned him before, but you gotta check out James Sands if you haven't. Adams/Sands/McKennie will be holding down the center of the field for us for a long time.

U-19 USYNT player Bryang Kayo was bought by Wolfsburg today directly from the USL. First USL player to ever be sold to a major European league. The Bundesliga has been great for developing young Americans and hopefully he does well in their youth squad and breaks in.

I've mentioned him before, but you gotta check out James Sands if you haven't. Adams/Sands/McKennie will be holding down the center of the field for us for a long time.

Sands I'm a bit bullish on. Can play CB and DM as well. Hope he steps up to a European club soon so we can see how far he can or can't go.

The good...

Also...
⚽️ Christian Pulisic (21 years, 318 days) is the youngest scorer in a FA Cup Final since Cristiano Ronaldo (19 years, 106 days) in 2004.

The bad...

Pulisic just seems to pick up knocks on the regular. He'll miss at least the Champions League round of 16 next weekend vs. Bayern. Get well kid!

The bad...

Pulisic just seems to pick up knocks on the regular. He'll miss at least the Champions League round of 16 next weekend vs. Bayern. Get well kid!

He would have had a second if he hadn't pulled up.

I thought I saw a headline that he declared himself 'fit' prior to the final -- I don't remember what the knock was and I didn't read the article, but I wonder if he tweaked a lingering hammy.

He would have had a second if he hadn't pulled up.

I thought I saw a headline that he declared himself 'fit' prior to the final -- I don't remember what the knock was and I didn't read the article, but I wonder if he tweaked a lingering hammy.
I saw one too where he said that he was 100% fit for this match. He had a groin injury before.

Every time one of the future USMNT "stars" pulls a hammy (e.g., Pulisic, McKennie, Weah ...) i think about Dino's quotes about our players not hurting their hammies and how they are trained a certain way to prevent it.

Kinda crazy to see this:

For a lot of people unfamiliar with USSF and the relationship they have with SUM and MLS, I would say the corporate structure of soccer here in the USA is also their biggest impediment to massive growth. Tata Martino and Lopetegui being turned away for their English skills is appalling.

Woah!

Not a fan of the move if it happens. They have four solid midfielders already (Ramsey, Bentancur, Arthur, Rabiot) plus a manager who has never managed before but is a legend (Pirlo). For me this is a dicey move.

Not a fan of the move if it happens. They have four solid midfielders already (Ramsey, Bentancur, Arthur, Rabiot) plus a manager who has never managed before but is a legend (Pirlo). For me this is a dicey move.

I agree, I am not fully sure where the minutes would come for him.

I guess it's only a loan. If they aren't gonna play him, they aren't gonna pay for him at the end of the year. There are worse places a 22 year old could spend a year of development though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom