2021-22 Bowl Season | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Bowl Season

Hearing some handicappers picking Utah with reasoning of tOSU opt outs. Their replacements are also 4/5 stars

gladiator-russell-crowe.gif

Feel awful for the Ole Miss QB (Matt Corral) who opted to not bail on his team and play in the Sugar Bowl and he goes down with what looked like a knee injury. He’s on crutches on the sidelines now. And now his draft stock could suffer because he was a good teammate. Sucks. Hope its nothing serious.

Feel awful for the Ole Miss QB (Matt Corral) who opted to not bail on his team and play in the Sugar Bowl and he goes down with what looked like a knee injury. He’s on crutches on the sidelines now. And now his draft stock could suffer because he was a good teammate. Sucks. Hope its nothing serious.
That is why I have no problem with players opting out. You can suffer a career ending injury in a meaningless game.

The only pushback I’d have to sitting out bowl games is why not sit out earlier?

If you’re a star player, guaranteed draft pick, and you are eliminated from playing in your conferences Championship Game, why not just opt out then? If the bowl game is meaningless, so are those games.

I’m not really criticizing those who opt out.. instead I’m wondering why the don’t do so earlier.

The only pushback I’d have to sitting out bowl games is why not sit out earlier?

If you’re a star player, guaranteed draft pick, and you are eliminated from playing in your conferences Championship Game, why not just opt out then? If the bowl game is meaningless, so are those games.

I’m not really criticizing those who opt out.. instead I’m wondering why the don’t do so earlier.
Exactly. What changes in that ~ 30 day period?

Don’t really draw anything from conference bowl records aside from the fact that some teams care and some don’t.
Why is the texas bowl jan 4? Who on earth other than lsu fans are going to watch?

Not 100% sure I counted correctly with this but here we go:

There were 43 bowls (including the cancelled games but not including the championship game).

The total number of wins per team going into the bowls:
6 wins - 23 teams
7 wins - 19 teams
8 wins - 14 teams
9 wins - 6 teams
10 wins - 11 teams
11 wins - 7 teams
12 wins - 5 teams
13 wins - 1 team

Six wins is all it takes to get into this not-so-exclusive group of teams. Unless you're a 5-win team that wants to look like crap on national television.

It's time to make bowl games a regular occurrence (again).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom