2021-22 Bowl Season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Bowl Season

TN got robbed. Karma for the equipment violation BS in the Dome.

Nonetheless, the TN coach is a dope. Burned 15-20 seconds on their final drive before OT with all three time outs ending up with a 56 yard field goal drive which they missed. I was laughing.

Purdue is going to be a handful next year. They use their tight ends extensively,
Tennessee coach looks like a grown up Bobby Hill

Tennessee coach looks like a grown up Bobby Hill
Yep but not as smart.

1640915702522.jpeg

It's the ridiculous double breasted fugly plaid. Wardrobe by the beer man in section 131.

Unfortunately, it was a horrible ending to one of the best games of the year. UT-Purdue has certainly been the best bowl game so far. An apparent Tennessee TD in OT is ruled invalid because forward progress is deemed stopped despite the fact that the Volunteer runner stretched the ball over the goaline BEFORE the ref whistle ending the play. Multiple replays confirmed timing of the whistle.

Game announcers surmised that the whistle does not matter if -- in the ref's discretion -- progress was stopped, even if there was a delay in blowing the whistle. Not sure about the technicalities of the rule, but to me everything should be predicated on the actual whistle not a ref saying afterward what he thought before actually getting around to blowing the whistle. Both UT and Purdue fought like warriors. This game deserved to be decided by them and not some whimsey of circumstance.
Not for nothing, but it was an ACC crew, so who's surprised?

Unfortunately, it was a horrible ending to one of the best games of the year. UT-Purdue has certainly been the best bowl game so far. An apparent Tennessee TD in OT is ruled invalid because forward progress is deemed stopped despite the fact that the Volunteer runner stretched the ball over the goaline BEFORE the ref whistle ending the play. Multiple replays confirmed timing of the whistle.

Game announcers surmised that the whistle does not matter if -- in the ref's discretion -- progress was stopped, even if there was a delay in blowing the whistle. Not sure about the technicalities of the rule, but to me everything should be predicated on the actual whistle not a ref saying afterward what he thought before actually getting around to blowing the whistle. Both UT and Purdue fought like warriors. This game deserved to be decided by them and not some whimsey of circumstance.

Football is a game of whimsey circumstances. How many times have you seen a guy fumble in that spot and it doesn't count? I have 101 times and the announcers never say anything.

Kirk waxing poetic about the Rose Bowl, talking about turning it on when it’s dark out and you see it’s light out with all these colors and wonder where this stadium is…

Umm, I don’t know, somewhere 3 time zones behind where I live?

Hey Marvin Harrison Jr., how about transferring to Syracuse and bringing us back to where we were when your father played? We can be that team again, and you can be a part of it.
I am pretty sure that his father did not want to pressure him at all, and as should be, the decision was the sons to make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom