2021-22 Knicks season thread | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Knicks season thread

690West

Moneyline Master
My goodness Jules. Are you going to be even better than last year?!

I wonder how many minutes Thibs will target for DRose per night

the Garden is ELECTRIC!!

Last edited:
Randle getting good matchups, but expected to see Fournier/Walker, and improved RJ more involved.
At least Celtics cooled off!

Randle getting good matchups, but expected to see Fournier/Walker, and improved RJ more involved.
At least Celtics cooled off!
Are Taj and nerlens out long term?

Taj joined Julius as new dad yesterday=night off.
Nerlens -dunno.
Never expected to see Jericho play already -interesting potential!

Kemba tried his best to lose the game, but DRose wasn't having it.

Near collapse, but a W vs good team.
Knicks fouled on nearly every Bulls possession in last few minutes -unbelievable.

RJ keeps improving.
Kemba getting dialed in, But DRose has been close-out PG and may have better better off with him in there closing minutes

Anyone bothered by the fact that Ball was able to handle Randle for the most part, granted he did foul him a lot? Knicks need to stop iso‘ing him at the top of the key to end games... he is a beast when he post up on the low block, but so far Knicks haven’t used that play. Good news is outside of the last 6 minutes of games Randle is being very unselfish… but I don‘t like the plan when it’s winning time.

Anyone bothered by the fact that Ball was able to handle Randle for the most part, granted he did foul him a lot? Knicks need to stop iso‘ing him at the top of the key to end games... he is a beast when he post up on the low block, but so far Knicks haven’t used that play. Good news is outside of the last 6 minutes of games Randle is being very unselfish… but I don‘t like the plan when it’s winning time.
They go straight 00s hero ball iso with him like he’s Kobe, Melo, TMac, etc. lol. He’s a really good player but he’s not THAT.

They go straight 00s hero ball iso with him like he’s Kobe, Melo, TMac, etc. lol. He’s a really good player but he’s not THAT.
Yep… Knicks don’t have a closer on the roster. Maybe RJ will evolve into one but he’s nowhere near there yet.

RJ!
Great all-around game carrying the Knicks on off night by Julius.
A lot closer then it should have been.
5-1!

RJ!
Great all-around game carrying the Knicks on off night by Julius.
A lot closer then it should have been.
5-1!
I don't know if Randle is in an early season slump or this a continuation from the playoffs where he regressed to his normal career stats, but I sure am glad the Knicks got a decent discount on a longer term deal for Randle. He's a great second option on a good team, but when Lonzo Ball can guard you 1:1 and you can't make him pay... not a good sign for closing games.

Was looking forward to the Raptors facing a bigger challenge tonight as they have been playing well against bad teams of late (3 straight wins) and this would be a good step up in competition. When was the last time I viewed the Knicks as a "where are we at" challenge for the Raptors? Not since 2014 anyway.

But unfortunately Scottie Barnes, who has been great as a rookie, is out tonight with a sprained thumb.

Maybe they implode, but would have liked to see Thibs play McBride/Grimes in last two ugly Knicks losses. Physically strong, good on D. May have countered Toronto's high-energy playoffs effort. Also capable of hitting 3's, so why not give them some run, especially last night when Knicks were ice cold.
Also gain needed experience -expect Kemba/DRose to miss some games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom