2021-22 Knicks season thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Knicks season thread

Must be more moves planned. Otherwise, where is the need for Reddish?
Knicks to become a Kentucky/Duke Team by adding Zion also?
Hawks apparently wanted Grimes -glad that didn't happen! Hope Knicks don't ship him in another trade. Fournier/Grimes/Reddish seems like an overload at SG, considering IQ also -expect something there.

Would have happily parted with Fournier last week, but past few games has played well so????

Knicks are BACK: >.500, back in playoff picture with big W over Hated Hawks at State Farm Arena!
Julius had a nice game and gave Hawks fans a thumbs-down -maybe ends the thumbs-down sideshow.
Look forward to Matinee tomorrow at MSG-
Another strong game from Julius and well-played W should rock MSG and end thumbs down distraction.

With SU going off the rails, glad the Real Knicks have returned to raise my spirits!

Big trade coming -what does Leon Rose have up his sleeve?

The 2 names Knicks most interested in are Miles Turner and Jalen Brunson. Hope they hold onto Grimes. You have to think any deal for Brunson likely includes Quickly.

That was a far-worse beatdown than 97-87 final score indicates.
No Lamelo -yet Hornets scored 62 in 1st half and Bridges gets career-high 38 pts and triple-D.
Knicks took a BIG step backward today. Disappointing effort in an important game!
Expect they will see more zone, based on not solving it in this game.

Got spoiled last year -that team was so consistently good. This team is Jeckyll and Hyde.
Games like this make me look forward to shaking things up with the impending big trade.

Doesn't appear the Knicks will wake up, but I'll wake up this thread-
Robinson is not the answer at center. Seen enough -he'll be injured as much as he plays.
His gangly way of moving around, for lack of a better description, will continue the ankle/feet issues.
And now, as he was beginning to play his best, Robinson out again with a back injury.
Along with the injuries, doubt Robinson will ever be an all-around threat on offense.
His ceiling is as a solid back-up center -less wear/tear, and injuries hopefully.

Hope the Knicks can get a good deal and trade Robinson.
Center a mess. Noel chronic knee, Taj can't play big minutes, Sims not ready -lost vs Jokic.
Along with head-case Julius and need for a dynamic PG, the center position is a problem IMO.

Doesn't appear the Knicks will wake up, but I'll wake up this thread-
Robinson is not the answer at center. Seen enough -he'll be injured as much as he plays.
His gangly way of moving around, for lack of a better description, will continue the ankle/feet issues.
And now, as he was beginning to play his best, Robinson out again with a back injury.
Along with the injuries, doubt Robinson will ever be an all-around threat on offense.
His ceiling is as a solid back-up center -less wear/tear, and injuries hopefully.

Hope the Knicks can get a good deal and trade Robinson.
Center a mess. Noel chronic knee, Taj can't play big minutes, Sims not ready -lost vs Jokic.
Along with head-case Julius and need for a dynamic PG, the center position is a problem IMO.
They need to blow it up... Randle's play last year was complete fool's gold and his playoff disappearance should have been a sign for the Knicks to sell high. Now they are stuck with him for 4 years... luckily it's no a terrible contract.

Only potential bright spot on the team is RJ, but I think he's at best a 2nd or 3rd option on a good team. Eventually I can see RJ turning into a DeRozan type player with much better D, but I don't see him ever reaching a Bradley Beal or even a CJ McCollum level. Grimes seems like he has potential as a solid 3rd or 4th option who can do the 3 and D thing so well done there. Other than that there is not a single other player on the team I'd lose sleep over if they traded him. Quickly is a perfect case of NY media and fans building a mirage of a great player who just isn't there right now. Luckily it looks like Rose is not falling for the hype, but the Randle deal does give me significant pause and not drafting Haliburton seems like it is a mistake for the ages.

I don't think Thibs makes it through next year and I hope the Knicks move on this offseason. The Thibs bump comes from intensity, effort and physicality and you can see it best on D... it's clear that bump is long gone and the team has mentally checked out. If that's the case I'm not sure what value Thibs brings as a coach. Also his D strategy is predicated around stopping Lebron in the days when he overpowered teams single handedly... the league has completely changed to pace and space thanks to Curry and Thibs D doesn't work in the new world because it gives up way too many wide open looks.

Who was the guy who got chased out of town for predicting the Thibs arc perfectly?
Other posters here had same perspective -sadly, appears they all were right.
One-Hit Wonder!
Would never have believed that half-way thru this season I'd want Thibs to Walk The Plank!

Forget the trade deadline. The Knicks front office obviously has no idea what they doing, they needed to hire another consultant and from that wildly successful Minnesota T-Wolves organization no less. Maybe he has advice on how to stock up on good luck charms for the draft lottery.

So the only deal we made this season was to trade a first round pick for a guy that our head coach refuses to play. Bravo.

After last season, hoped the Knicks would get a couple more great players and make a run at another championship before Clyde retires from MSG broadcasts. HA! Silly Me!
Clyde played on some truly great teams -the link to those championships, and very special when he mentions those days. Makes great games even better, and helps me survive the bad ones.

Will be a sad day when Clyde retires to St. Croix, leaving only the befuddling Knicks to watch. Next season will mark FIFTY YEARS that the Knicks have failed to put another great championship team together for Clyde to pass the baton to -and the ineptitude continues.
The World's Most Famous Arena deserves better.

The Knicks...beat...the Warriors? I looked at my phone this morning and saw the score and thought I was seeing things from being half asleep still.

The Knicks...beat...the Warriors? I looked at my phone this morning and saw the score and thought I was seeing things from being half asleep still.
+1
Saw quotes indicating possible trade deadline moves was weighing heavy on them-
Nice W without RJ -interesting to see if sustainable or just a big effort with the trade deadline passing.

Knicks blow a 18 point early 4th Q lead and lose to the Nets. Knicks may be the worst team in the NBA. Should seriously consider tanking all their remaining games for a premium lottery pick. It's apparently the only way they will ever get a PG. Of course even if there is a great one sitting there when they select they may not take him.

Fire Thibs. Fire the whole front office too. I don’t care if most of them haven’t even been here a year yet. The off-season has proven to be a disaster and not making any moves before the deadline - aside from giving up a first round pick for a guy that rides the pine - is inexcusable. If Thibs isn’t gone by next season, I will not be watching.

RUNNER WITH SOME VINDICATION ON THIBS?!?

(Except last year was fun, this year has been tough)

2 players just traded to the team get plugged into Nets' starting lineup of BENCH players.
Result: Huge Nets Win as Knicks blow a 28pt lead to lose at MSG.
THREE Knicks losses in last 7 games by giving up a 20pt+ lead.

Tank Mode. Fire Thibs. Play the young guys.

Well it's official ... the Knicks suck this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom