2021-22 Knicks season thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Knicks season thread

That game was nuts.
Q3 great tho.
To have an unbelievable comeback and not be able to put the game away is just brutal. At 11-11, I have no idea whether the Knicks are a playoff team or a lottery team. Hoping for the former but the latter wouldn’t surprise me. 30 some odd years as a Knicks fan has prepared me well for disappointment.

Same, 50+yrs here: waiting since '73...
1st half had me think chasing playoffs futile, focus on developing players instead.
Last year's team consistently resilient, always 100% effort. Not this season.
Injuries a problem, and RJ sick tonight.
Noel was huge last season, and needed -will his knee will heal?
DRose after playing 35" vs Nets not at his best -his minutes need to be managed or a problem soon.
-And the refs! Taj cameo hurt also.
But GREAT seeing MSG rocking in Q3!

That game was nuts.
Q3 great tho.
I always felt they had a comeback in them, but was expecting it to fall short.

I think they are still finding themselves. Another 4-5 seed is possible.

12-15. Exactly where they were last year at this time. Doubt they will go on a run like last season though. To have a decade of garbage and finally look like they are turning the corner and all of the sudden revert back is just typical for this franchise. Not sure what management does as they’ve already gone through a rebuild and signed free agents who have been busts. At least it’s a football Sunday.

12-15. Exactly where they were last year at this time. Doubt they will go on a run like last season though. To have a decade of garbage and finally look like they are turning the corner and all of the sudden revert back is just typical for this franchise. Not sure what management does as they’ve already gone through a rebuild and signed free agents who have been busts. At least it’s a football Sunday.
Whole different vibe this season, unfortunately. Great chemistry and resilience gone.
Agree about FA's -Fournier just doesn't fit, and agree w/sitting Kemba -feel bad for him.
2nd half was fun for awhile -have wanted to see Grimes get real minutes. Thibs finally forced to play him.
Also agree that a run would be a surprise. Therefore, fine if forget about chasing W's and give young guys like Obi/IQ/Grimes lots more run. Grimes earned that today. Would also like to see Sims more, and Deuce McBride given a good opportunity.
More PT for those young guys prob means less W's, but maybe some fun watching a Knicks team get after it while developing young talent and looking to acquire more pieces needed for a deep playoff team.

You guys look at the upcoming schedule?

Knicks may have just kicked off a 14 game win streak!

Today and tomorrow are the only back to backs.

When you have already lost to Orlando… twice! There is no such thing as a gimme
im trying to block that out.

thanks for not mentioning the were both...at the GARDEN!!

"Streak" alive thx to big assist from Covid -
Twolves without Towns, Edwards, and Russell -and the Knicks still struggled to put them away.

For all the talk about "rhythm" the Knicks are way out of tune.
"Chemistry" is what I'm concerned about.
Last season, the ingredients worked perfectly: fans knew what to expect every game and there was a solid consistency and resiliency to that team.
The Knicks this season are sometimes on, but too often off. Individual players can't put together an entire game, let alone consistent performance. Exhibit A: Fournier last night.

"Streak" alive thx to big assist from Covid -
Twolves without Towns, Edwards, and Russell -and the Knicks still struggled to put them away.

For all the talk about "rhythm" the Knicks are way out of tune.
"Chemistry" is what I'm concerned about.
Last season, the ingredients worked perfectly: fans knew what to expect every game and there was a solid consistency and resiliency to that team.
The Knicks this season are sometimes on, but too often off. Individual players can't put together an entire game, let alone consistent performance. Exhibit A: Fournier last night.
Three in a row! Let’s see if they can keep it going and get back to .500.

The W's are great, but hard to enjoy when starting 5 was down 14 to a decimated Pistons roster in Q3 before the bench pulled it out. What is the story with those guys?

I'm glad I grew up in CNY where SU hoops was the dominant team and wasn't sucked into the Knicks vortex. It also helped that being a child of the 80's I'd never root for Pat Ewing's team. Magic was my favorite player so I chose the showtime Lakers. Stuck with them after Magic got the HIV. My Dad's a Knicks fan so I've seen plenty of their games. As I've gotten older and Ewing retired the 80 games a year the Knicks aren't playing the Lakers I'd rather NY win.

No Kemba, No Randle….can’t afford no Fournier and a confused Obi.

Vent:
It was a screwed-up covid lineup, but available Knicks players should not have lost to that OKC team.
A talented 7' center would have dominated for 25-30+pts vs that OKC lineup. Mitch started off well, then disappeared while Knicks focused on bricking 3's. Ended up w/9pts and 1 block. If Mitch can't excel vs that lineup, then the Knicks need a center. Starting to think that anyway -Mitch is too injury-prone.
RJ's opportunity to grow from Wingman to Leader -fail. Knicks had no lead dog. RJ got his 26, but 1-8 on 3's with some of the worst of many Knicks Bricks!
Fournier: Knicks can't move him fast enough. A game for Fournier to step up big -and had nothing. Assume there's no excuse (injury) explaining his feeble season. Maybe giving up too soon, but seen enough.

Although the previous 2 were (shaky) W's, the last 3 games = more Kryptonite to my Knicks Optimism.
Leon Rose better find more rabbits to pull out his hat. Afterglow from last season fading fast -the thought of returning to Knicks Oblivion is getting my New Year off to a sad start!;)

Vent:
It was a screwed-up covid lineup, but available Knicks players should not have lost to that OKC team.
A talented 7' center would have dominated for 25-30+pts vs that OKC lineup. Mitch started off well, then disappeared while Knicks focused on bricking 3's. Ended up w/9pts and 1 block. If Mitch can't excel vs that lineup, then the Knicks need a center. Starting to think that anyway -Mitch is too injury-prone.
RJ's opportunity to grow from Wingman to Leader -fail. Knicks had no lead dog. RJ got his 26, but 1-8 on 3's with some of the worst of many Knicks Bricks!
Fournier: Knicks can't move him fast enough. A game for Fournier to step up big -and had nothing. Assume there's no excuse (injury) explaining his feeble season. Maybe giving up too soon, but seen enough.

Although the previous 2 were (shaky) W's, the last 3 games = more Kryptonite to my Knicks Optimism.
Leon Rose better find more rabbits to pull out his hat. Afterglow from last season fading fast -the thought of returning to Knicks Oblivion is getting my New Year off to a sad start!;)
Well said.

Written like a man who didn’t have as many cocktails as I did when watching! I also, stupidly, kept put putting the F4 on to make sure M didn’t blow my Georgia & under, close…but a W.

I also kept thinking it’s stupid for the Knicks to be playing now, so my guess was it was a bug thing for OKC to play on New Years, so maybe we can overlook this.

But you made great points.

This team just doesn't have the same chemistry as last year. For Kemba to be effective he needs frequent days off to re-charge, can't play him 3-4 games in a row. And never in a back-to-back. Fournier is just so inconsistent. Too many really bad shooting games mingled with a few good ones. And his defense is poor. I'd rather start giving more time to Grimes. Not having Rose for 2 months is a killer. Pleasantly surprised by McBride who has potential.

Well said.

Written like a man who didn’t have as many cocktails as I did when watching!
LOL -so you enjoyed some nice cocktails while I spit up Knicks Kool-Aid!
Knicks rose from the Ashes last season -and now becoming a Dumpster Fire.
Hope proven wrong -hate getting down on this team. Even considering covid/injuries, now 36 games in and see no light at end of the tunnel -ready to shake things up. If no big trade makes the Knicks a strong playoff contender, time to focus on development? With DRose out for 2mos, a maybe low seed/1st round exit is less enticing than dialing up the energy with real minutes for Obi/IQ, and more run for Grimes/McBride. Taj is a warrior, but is it better to play him to get W's vs. developing Sims to see how high his ceiling may be?
Love Kemba, but he's not the future. Rose got 2 black eyes with his FA's -the sooner he hits Reset the better. Then there's Noel, another warrior who had a great season then got paid, and now may not be far behind Kemba regarding durability. Play the young guys, Julius and Alec Burks.

This team just doesn't have the same chemistry as last year. For Kemba to be effective he needs frequent days off to re-charge, can't play him 3-4 games in a row. And never in a back-to-back. Fournier is just so inconsistent. Too many really bad shooting games mingled with a few good ones. And his defense is poor. I'd rather start giving more time to Grimes. Not having Rose for 2 months is a killer. Pleasantly surprised by McBride who has potential.
+1 on Kemba-
Same perspective on Taj -he wasn't the same last night after huge effort previous game.
Same issue with Noel and DRose -that's 4 players who need pretty severe minutes restriction IMHO.
Respect for all 4, but made my point previous post regarding where minutes should start going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom