2021-22 Transfer Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Transfer Thread

All it took was one year of several successful DII and DIII transfers and now everyone is trying it. Can't blame them after how well it went for Bertrand, Wycoff, Rogers at High Point, etc. Wonder if we try a DIII long pole again.

Maher sounds like a good pickup for Hopkins. He could help fill in Cole Williams spot.

Maher sounds like a good pickup for Hopkins. He could help fill in Cole Williams spot.

I thought Grimes was supposed to be it? He struggled last year for sure. Wonder if they keep him at midfield.

Grimes missed playing 11th grade due to inury, 12th grade to covid, then Hopkins didn't have any fall practice, so Grimes might not really have been ready this past spring.
The scary thing would be if he started living up to his high recruit ranking next spring.

Not a lot of quality fogos in the portal now. As fanlax posted said, Tygh from Uva might be the only one left.

Not a lot of quality fogos in the portal now. As fanlax posted said, Tygh from Uva might be the only one left.

Seemed unlikely SU was going to bring in a top end FOGO with Phaup returning, Savage and a 4 star frosh incoming. A top D2 or D3 guy as a grad transfer make sense but hard to see that happening or if such a player exists.

Seemed unlikely SU was going to bring in a top end FOGO with Phaup returning, Savage and a 4 star frosh incoming. A top D2 or D3 guy as a grad transfer make sense but hard to see that happening or if such a player exists.

I wouldn't count on Jack Fine to make an impact any time soon at Syracuse, probably ever. He struggled big time at Avon this spring and was beaten out by a Sophomore for the starting spot as the year went on. Don't think the new rules benefitted him very much. Hope Cuse didn't commit a lot of money to him.

I wouldn't count on Jack Fine to make an impact any time soon at Syracuse, probably ever. He struggled big time at Avon this spring and was beaten out by a Sophomore for the starting spot as the year went on. Don't think the new rules benefitted him very much. Hope Cuse didn't commit a lot of money to him.

I was actually thinking of Gibbs who is 2 years away. Ya I wouldn't put much stock into Fine, hopefully some coaching and a RS year can help. I assume barring a late transfer, were looking at Phaup and Savage as the 1-2 Combo.

I was actually thinking of Gibbs who is 2 years away. Ya I wouldn't put much stock into Fine, hopefully some coaching and a RS year can help. I assume barring a late transfer, were looking at Phaup and Savage as the 1-2 Combo.
I would place a good wager that the new staff either drops or recruits over Gibbs before he even steps on campus. He's a nice player, but not elite.

I would place a good wager that the new staff either drops or recruits over Gibbs before he even steps on campus. He's a nice player, but not elite.

I fully suspect them to keep recruiting FOGO's but elite level FOGO's are few and far between and if your shooting only for the top you could get shut out. SU needs to bring in at least 2 FOGOs in the 2023 class and I would assume a transfer next year is a high probability.

That’s disappointing about Fine and Gibbs. And if Savage turns out to be good, burning his redshirt last year for a handful of faceoffs will be frustrating, knowing that SU might not have a replacement line up.

Oh well, I guess that’s a “good” problem to have. Still would like Phaup to have some competition this year, more than a few good teams utilized two FOGOs.

Very true. Great on the clamp, but not a D1 athlete.

I fully suspect them to keep recruiting FOGO's but elite level FOGO's are few and far between and if your shooting only for the top you could get shut out. SU needs to bring in at least 2 FOGOs in the 2023 class and I would assume a transfer next year is a high probability.
I would agree on two 2023 FOGOs but simply on the fact there is about 0% probability they don't recruit Jake Spallina who is an OK fogo, but good athlete. They'll get a technical guy to go with him.

The new rules mess up everyones early recruiting efforts for FOGOs. I am sure many schools are in similar situations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom