2021-22 Transfer Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Transfer Thread

The new rules mess up everyones early recruiting efforts for FOGOs. I am sure many schools are in similar situations.

ok, yeah but thats not the point. The original post pointed out that we have a "4*" FOGO recruit coming in who could help. He won't. Other schools may be in the same boat but that doesn't dismiss the fact that Syracuse wont be benefitted with his arrival.

ok, yeah but thats not the point. The original post pointed out that we have a "4*" FOGO recruit coming in who could help. He won't. Other schools may be in the same boat but that doesn't dismiss the fact that Syracuse wont be benefitted with his arrival.
Yes agreed. I did not say that to argue with your point

Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' comes
Watching no one roll in
Then I watch 'em roll to opponents again, yeah
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watchin' the season roll away, ooh
I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

Interesting choice. Would think Duke has plenty of middies. Strange that most transfers seem to be only going to a handful of schools.

Ya this seems odd on the surface, Dukes not exactly hurting for offensive players right now even after some grad losses and transfers

Interesting choice. Would think Duke has plenty of middies. Strange that most transfers seem to be only going to a handful of schools.
I was expecting G.Mitchell to go to UNC with their shortage of midfielders.

G.Mitchell went from starting at OSU to probably being 2nd midfield at Duke.

Last edited:

Or SSDM

Duke has the following midfielders -

Montgomery
Williams
Caputo
Danenza
Leadmon
O'Conner
McAdory (f)
Gray (f)
Landin (f)

Good luck breaking into that lineup.

Duke will be better with Lulley than Sowers.

They'll get back to how they play.

Plenty of talent

Montgomery
Williams
Caputo
Danenza
Leadmon
O'Conner
McAdory (f)
Gray (f)
Landin (f)

You would have expected a few more guys bolted this year after getting little to no playtime this past year but so far only Basile has left. I assume a few of the 5th years from last year who came back probably regretted not transferring out. Part of me things Williams may have an epiphany and jump into the portal, surprised he hasn't so far. The lure of a Duke degree may keep more guys in line then most other schools but at some point the dam will break and there will be a larger exodus, it's inevitable.

Ridiculous waste of talents last year on Duke. People say that their mids weren't all that but totally misused imo as ball watching props. Danowski did a terrible job .Williams is an attackman and Oneill is a mid . He and others ie Lead-in are lost in their excesses.

Lulley and Khan were the two top talents in portal and either would have fit and starred here .

Not sure people realize how good Lulley is, in abbreviated 2020, he had 6-1 vs Duke, 4-2 vs Maryland, 2-6 vs PSU.

I don't know why those fans like stupido and DocB are picking on Tillman for transfers on fanlax, what about Danowski? What about Corrigan? What about Tierney?
Danowski with a first team All-American attackman, Sowers, easily trumps the Terps last year and he has Lully this year.

Montgomery
Williams
Caputo
Danenza
Leadmon
O'Conner
McAdory (f)
Gray (f)
Landin (f)

outside of montgomery and williams, mitchell will have plenty of opportunity to break into the lineup.

mcadory is obviously a highly touted recruit, but he's still a first year, and he reclassed.

mitchell could be very good. size, speed, shot. some shake. is a little weird he peeled out of osu with his brother there, but could be anything.

outside of montgomery and williams, mitchell will have plenty of opportunity to break into the lineup.

mcadory is obviously a highly touted recruit, but he's still a first year, and he reclassed.

mitchell could be very good. size, speed, shot. some shake. is a little weird he peeled out of osu with his brother there, but could be anything.
I would put. Monygomery, Williams and Caputo in front of Mitchell. Mcadory will probably be ahead of him, looks like 2nd Midfield is most likely.

The Terps really needed another FO man with Calderone joining the transfer portal. The additional of Tygh only gives the Terps 3 with Wierman and freshman Shea Keethler.

I think a team like the Terps really wants to go into the fall with 4.

I would put. Monygomery, Williams and Caputo in front of Mitchell. Mcadory will probably be ahead of him, looks like 2nd Midfield is most likely.
with his dad as a coach, you might be right how it plays out.
as far as mcadorey, we'll see he's in college now.
still think mitchell will have an opportunity if he plays to potential.

Interesting how many of these high profile recruits who have “under performed” (relative to their recruiting rankings) ended up at equal or better schools.

Dying to know where we stand with the portal. Are we trying really hard and failing? Are we not trying at all? Where on that spectrum are we? The only thing that would disappoint me is if we are not trying to land someone for the defense. Next year has the potential to be ugly as hell if we see zero new faces on that end, barring like 3 younger guys having breakout years. A guy with some experience and half way decent stats who played for a solid team automatically has a shot at outplaying guys like Horan Murphy and Dami. Don't care about any of these whiffs with offensive guys. A young guy like Murphy from Hop or Mitchell from OSU would be nice but far from the end of the world. They could have legit concerns about playing time at cuse. A D transfer on the other hand should be looking at us should be thinking "I have a very good shot to play." Makes me wonder if we are even reaching out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom