2021-22 Transfer Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Transfer Thread

now that starsia's gone, maybe zack you'll personally welcome the hoos as well.
and hoo knows maybe cuse with all the connections.
i am curious whether teams will risk scheduling as many ivies as before.
Any insight to rumors that Rode is not returning and Kastner is switching to hoops

Any insight to rumors that Rode is not returning and Kastner is switching to hoops
all indications, for now, rode will not be back.
edit: that's primarily based on tiffany not mentioning him as a returnee as he did a few others. anything's possible.
kastner hasn't been confirmed. rumored, not confirmed. if it happens, i wouldn't say it would be switching. my guess he'd hold out the chance to come out (very) late to lax, at least in year one.

Gavin looked very good after 1q in army game and Nunes is top rated goalie in 21 class but Rode has that big game experience and always seemed to make that big save that was needed. Saw a clip of Kastner sinking threes after threes though getting shots off in d1 game obviously different animal. Hoops practice would only make his feet and wind better.

all indications, for now, rode will not be back.
edit: that's primarily based on tiffany not mentioning him as a returnee as he did a few others. anything's possible.
kastner hasn't been confirmed. rumored, not confirmed. if it happens, i wouldn't say it would be switching. my guess he'd hold out the chance to come out (very) late to lax, at least in year one.
Oof. Kastner would be a huge loss. Looked like a monster in the championship game and just a rookie.

now that starsia's gone, maybe zack you'll personally welcome the hoos as well.
and hoo knows maybe cuse with all the connections.
i am curious whether teams will risk scheduling as many ivies as before.
UMd-UVa definitely needs to happen. A big game for the DMV area.

I'd prefer to play Syracuse over ND. Hard to see Gait reaching out for such a game this year. Further, I think Syracuse would probably prefer their former rival Georgetown if they were to play a D.C. area team.

I expect to see UPenn on UMd's schedule as before, if things continue to improve w.r.t. covid.

He any good? Haven't seen him play

Accolades are impressive. Not sure if its because he went to Calvert Hall, but he reminds me a lot of Brendan Curry. Not very big but pretty quick and can shoot pretty hard. Senior year highlights are below:

MD is yet to have someone leave that would make them truly regret their portal pounding ways. Losing Palonetti was pretty costly as he appears to be quite a good player for Stony Brook, but I dont think he is so good that he would have been a massive boost to their offense last year had he stayed. Maybe this guy goes on to go crazy at another school but don't see how I could be devastated by this as an MD fan. If someone like Maltz, Malaver, Brennan, or Koras left then it would be maybe a wake up call to change their ways.

Pallonetti left pretty early, in 2020, perhaps before the transfers were added. It seemed like UMD might not have been a good fit for him.

I think losing Sawyer hurts because he was a top MIAA Attackman and UMD has struggled to garner top MIAA players.

Arealax is reporting Calderone to Boston U.

It was inevitable, can't keep brining in multiple offensive transfers a year and expect all the young guys to stay. Will be interested to see where he ends up.
Hard to know.
Towson would keep giving him the instate tuition. Former Terps Monahan and Avanzato had success at Towson

Ohio State would appear to have some openings on offense. 2 of Sawyer's former Calvert Hall teammates are at OSU: Connor Mitchell and Jacob Snyder.

According to Fanlax, Nate McPeak is going to Georgetown for grad school, but is not playing lacrosse.

Wish McPeak well, a bright young man with a promising future. Showed his fine wares as starting goalie for Jamaica in 2018 FIL but position was deep with Porter and others . Wouldnt surprise to see him walk on at Gtown.

Gait had mentioned a vet goalie and fogo as potential interests. Think Cuse is fine at goalie as stocked but dissapointed to see fogos Blanchard, Tygh and Calderone transfer elsewhere.

Having a 2nd fogo is critical when matchups not right . Phaup can tilt the field as displayed in UVA games but was only 15-56 vs other ACC fogos which conversely disadvantages.

According to Fanlax, Nate McPeak is going to Georgetown for grad school, but is not playing lacrosse.

With only a few weeks until school starts, it seems like most of the top transfer targets have been spoken for. A bit surprising and frustrating that Syracuse wasn't able to bring in a player or two, especially since Gait had stated he wanted to bring in some additional players (he spoke of a goalie and a FOGO).

That said, it is good to see that Syracuse also hasn't lost a significant player this year to the transfer portal. That is no small feat, especially since last year they lost the two contributors in Lipka and Fernandez as well as the Kim twins and Sean Donnenly. Things could certainly change, but it appears as though maybe guys are giving the new staff a chance and want to be a part of the new team. That should be applauded.

I am a bit surprised Tehoka hasn't shown up on a roster yet. I know I had said I didn't think he was wroth the risk, but given that Syracuse hasn't added anyone else, I think I have changed my mind. He seems too talented to not play high level DI lacrosse this season, and the Orange are crying out for a dynamic playmaker at attack. I know he has his issues, both on and off the field, but I think SU has the talent that would really help him flourish. Plus, I had forgotten that Petro used to coach Scott Marr's son at Hopkins - if Marr gave some sort of sign-off that he deserved a second chance, you'd think Petro would have a pretty good connection. But maybe he hasn't gotten that message and hence why Tehoka still is a free agent.

According to Fanlax, JT Stripe is going to Richmond as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom