2021-22 Transfer Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Transfer Thread

Watched a lot of Mack before he was hurt. A scorer at either position a or m. He did not back down from contact, seemed very athletic. I'd go after him, risk be damned.
I think that if Mack is going to play next season, he probably will return to Michigan. If he were going somewhere else we probably would have heard by now. But I am just guessing.

Devon Buckshot - High Point is now in the portal. Don't think Syraucse will touch him but a interesting talent that should land somewhere...maybe Tampa?
No clue what happened with him this year. He was third in points as a rookie in the brief 2020 season and looked pretty impressive. It's a bummer.

No clue what happened with him this year. He was third in points as a rookie in the brief 2020 season and looked pretty impressive. It's a bummer.
heard he was dismissed from HP, so I'm sure their was something behind the scenes happening

Devon Buckshot - High Point is now in the portal. Don't think Syraucse will touch him but a interesting talent that should land somewhere...maybe Tampa?

Official -

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to beetch with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Of needs unattended while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

Curry, Dordevic, Hiltz, Seebold, and Quinn are a strong group of 5 to start on offense. We have a large number of potential breakouts (Birtwistle, Tenaglia, Ferris, Corsi, Berkman, etc) and we have a solid group of vets who should be able to contribute in some fashion (Buttermore, Cook, Mangan, Fiorini). We can find the sixth starter and some solid depth from that crew. I find it hard to view the offense as having some "obvious needs." Would say we could use one guy for more proven depth, but don't think it is the end of the world if that doesn't happen.

I have said it many times before, but the D on the other hand could (will?) be a disaster and the fact we have done nothing at all with transfers there is something I will never agree with. Would take Rock, the Binghamton goalie, literally anyone who has done something of value for a team I would accept with open arms. Even the biggest locker room problem in the world. The staff doing nothing seems like they are hoping that for the first time in history last years issues had nothing to do with talent.

Agree with you that the five guys you list are a strong core. All bring a little something different to the table, and I think all can really hurt a defense. I guess my issue is that SU lost it's best offensive player in Rhefuss, and I am not sure there is a player ready to fill his shoes. Hiltz should and will probably be given the keys to the offense, but I still am nervous that we don't know who will be that third attackman. That's what I consider a "hole" I guess, when there isn't someone obvious to fill a starting spot.

I know and understand there are options and depth, but right now I am not sure who even has the edge in the competition (it might be a player you left out, Griffin Cook, which would be underwhelming to be honest). We shall see, but the ACC brings back a ton of offensive talent, Kavanaugh, Grey, O'Neil, Shellenberger and Moore, yikes. Syracuse needs to be able to match that firepower (especially with the it has), and right now I don't know if anyone is close to the level of the best in the ACC. Maybe Hiltz rises to that level, but its not a sure thing. Dordevic and Curry really need to get back to their 2020 form. Bringing in Tehoka would mean having someone capable of getting to that level, and effectively leave zero holes on the Syracuse offense. I just don't think Syracuse can afford to have someone at attack that isn't producing at a high level, or gosh forbid, gets shortsticked.

He just posted this on his Instagram, though not sure what it means. Lots of comments from current Cuse guys so I don’t get the sense that he’s leaving? Given the caption I think he’s dispelling a rumor, but I’m purely guessing.

Stove Top? I'm stayin'!

Interesting pick up, believes he's only a Junior to. Curious if there going to move him to the midfield, not sure where he fits at attack with Gray and Solomon.

Interesting pick up, believes he's only a Junior to. Curious if there going to move him to the midfield, not sure where he fits at attack with Gray and Solomon.
If the tweet is accurate, he’s playing his 4th year for Mercer this coming season before transferring to UNC for the 2023 season. Gray will be gone but Solomon could use his 5th “COVID” year.

Mercer usually plays UNC every year so this year’s game will be fun with Goldsmith playing against his future team. This is where we are with college sports lol

Well I still don’t understand how Donnelly didn’t crack the line up and ended up walking? Hell of a player

We made all the effort recruiting him and then let him walk?

If the tweet is accurate, he’s playing his 4th year for Mercer this coming season before transferring to UNC for the 2023 season. Gray will be gone but Solomon could use his 5th “COVID” year.

Mercer usually plays UNC every year so this year’s game will be fun with Goldsmith playing against his future team. This is where we are with college sports lol

Ah yes missed the 2022-2023 note

Last edited:

You could also have Jakob Kelly coming back for a 5th year. Lance Tillman for a true senior year. This coming year's freshmen attackmen: Egan and Ryan Levy would be sophomores. Then you would have the 2022 freshmen 5 stars: Pietramala and Matan. So getting playing time would not be an easy task for Goldsmith.

Agree with you that the five guys you list are a strong core. All bring a little something different to the table, and I think all can really hurt a defense. I guess my issue is that SU lost it's best offensive player in Rhefuss, and I am not sure there is a player ready to fill his shoes. Hiltz should and will probably be given the keys to the offense, but I still am nervous that we don't know who will be that third attackman. That's what I consider a "hole" I guess, when there isn't someone obvious to fill a starting spot.

I know and understand there are options and depth, but right now I am not sure who even has the edge in the competition (it might be a player you left out, Griffin Cook, which would be underwhelming to be honest). We shall see, but the ACC brings back a ton of offensive talent, Kavanaugh, Grey, O'Neil, Shellenberger and Moore, yikes. Syracuse needs to be able to match that firepower (especially with the it has), and right now I don't know if anyone is close to the level of the best in the ACC. Maybe Hiltz rises to that level, but its not a sure thing. Dordevic and Curry really need to get back to their 2020 form. Bringing in Tehoka would mean having someone capable of getting to that level, and effectively leave zero holes on the Syracuse offense. I just don't think Syracuse can afford to have someone at attack that isn't producing at a high level, or gosh forbid, gets shortsticked.
there will be longs climbing all over Dordevic, Curry and Hiltz, singles and doubles. I can't find any reason for optimism. Claims for depth... uh uh or glass half full?

You could also have Jakob Kelly coming back for a 5th year. Lance Tillman for a true senior year. This coming year's freshmen attackmen: Egan and Ryan Levy would be sophomores. Then you would have the 2022 freshmen 5 stars: Pietramala and Matan. So getting playing time would not be an easy task for Goldsmith.
If it means opening up playing time for a 5th year Goldsmith, I’m sure we’d be willing to take young Petro off their hands :)

there will be longs climbing all over Dordevic, Curry and Hiltz, singles and doubles. I can't find any reason for optimism. Claims for depth... uh uh or glass half full?
all sheets of empty canvas have been washed in bright orange, hands will cradle broken glass

not happening
Just curious, is it a scholarship issue or do they just prefer UNC? If you’re unable to elaborate, I completely understand.

The potential for a DC father gameplanning to neutralize his son on the opposing offense in a couple years is certainly compelling.

Last edited:
Just curious, is it a scholarship issue or do they just prefer UNC? If you’re unable to elaborate, I completely understand.

The potential for a DC father gameplanning to neutralize his son on the opposing offense in a couple years is certainly compelling.

That’s a bummer. Really sounded like it was a done deal when the Petro announcement was made. And for lots of reasons the switch would make sense. Had been telling myself the off-season “misses” in the transfer portal would be negated by the twins committing. Oh well. Really hope the ‘23 class is impressive.

I think if they flip it’s not going to be till October/November when they sign.. Like Hiltz did in 2019

Will reword as 'very unlikely' since told 'not happening" by third party . nm

Will reword as 'very unlikely' since told 'not happening" by third party . nm
491178C1-31B5-4B9B-8996-84A7975091F8.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors