2021-22 Transfer Thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Transfer Thread

I'd love to hear the rationale on this, he played in 4 seasons.

They also bring in Toby Burdorf from Providence to play goalie. They’ve brought in so many transfers they don’t know what to do with them all. Wonder if Burdorf is having second thoughts?

They also bring in Toby Burdorf from Providence to play goalie. They’ve brought in so many transfers they don’t know what to do with them all. Wonder if Burdorf is having second thoughts?

I would be less then shocked if he found away to get out of his commit.

From Coronado to Towson. Kid must really love lacrosse.
Arealax was saying that the whole DeMaio family had moved to Maryland. Nick has a sister, who plays for UMBC, whose hometown is listed as Frederick Maryland.

N.DeMaio has been stuck behind Logan Wisnauskas, so it will be interesting to see how he does for Towson.

Stealing this from Hopfan16 over at Fanlax, but a list of the top transfers still available -

Albany - Tehoka Nanticoke (A)
Binghamton - Teddy Doaln (G)
Colgate - James Caddigan (A/M)
Detroit Mercy - Logan Shamblin (G)
Drexel - Aidan Coll (A)
Marist - Jake Weinman
Michigan - Kevin Mack (A/M)
Virginia - Will Rock (LSM)

A bunch of these guys would fill obvious needs for Syracuse. I have already stated I have changed my mind on Tehoka, I think he would be worth the risk for the Orange, and Syracuse has a need at attack. Gait talks a lot about wanting creative players, and I can't think of a more creative player than Tehoka right now.

Gait has said he wanted to bring in a goalie - Dolan would fit that need and has multiple years of eligibility left (and had close to 60% save percentage last year).

There are rumors that Caddigan is headed to UMass. He had only 11 and 3 last year. His best year was as a sophomore when he had 13 goals and 10 assists.

Shamblin is a grad school transfer and had a 54% save percentage last year.

Coll is listed on the Drexel 2022 roster so not sure if he is still in the portal, but another impressive attackman, he was the Dragons second leading scorer last year with 33 goals and 11 assists.

I don't think Weinman played for Marist last year, but he had 33 and 8 back in 2019.

Mack had an injury plagued season last year and did not register a point, but he had a 42 point season as a freshman and followed it up with a 37 point season as a sophomore. Would be a bit of risk given his injury history but if he gets back to his 2018/2019 form, would be a steal.

Rock has been a mystery, he was suspended from Virginia and seemed to come back on the roster then disappeared. But he is a talented player and has good size. Plus, he's the only defensive player on this list and would fill a huge need for SU.

Some intriguing players are available, obviously none of them are no brainers. Tehoka and Rock have disciplinary issues and not sure Gait would want to come in as a first year coach and take on that type of risk. Mack, Caddigan and Weinman, for different reasons, aren't coming off productive seasons and are looking to bounce back. Dolan and Shamblin have great stats but would they transfer to a ACC school? Coll might not really be in the portal.

Some of these guys might have already chosen a school and might not be available at all, but time is running out and I'm frankly a little surprised that Gait and co haven't brought in more help this year.

Stealing this from Hopfan16 over at Fanlax, but a list of the top transfers still available -

Drexel - Aidan Coll (A)
Marist - Jake Weinman

A bunch of these guys would fill obvious needs for Syracuse. I have already stated I have changed my mind on Tehoka, I think he would be worth the risk for the Orange, and Syracuse has a need at attack. Gait talks a lot about wanting creative players, and I can't think of a more creative player than Tehoka right now.

Gait has said he wanted to bring in a goalie - Dolan would fit that need and has multiple years of eligibility left (and had close to 60% save percentage last year).

There are rumors that Caddigan is headed to UMass. He had only 11 and 3 last year. His best year was as a sophomore when he had 13 goals and 10 assists.

Coll is listed on the Drexel 2022 roster so not sure if he is still in the portal, but another impressive attackman, he was the Dragons second leading scorer last year with 33 goals and 11 assists.

I don't think Weinman played for Marist last year, but he had 33 and 8 back in 2019.

Mack had an injury plagued season last year and did not register a point, but he had a 42 point season as a freshman and followed it up with a 37 point season as a sophomore. Would be a bit of risk given his injury history but if he gets back to his 2018/2019 form, would be a steal.

Rock has been a mystery, he was suspended from Virginia and seemed to come back on the roster then disappeared. But he is a talented player and has good size. Plus, he's the only defensive player on this list and would fill a huge need for SU.

Some intriguing players are available, obviously none of them are no brainers. Tehoka and Rock have disciplinary issues and not sure Gait would want to come in as a first year coach and take on that type of risk. Mack, Caddigan and Weinman, for different reasons, aren't coming off productive seasons and are looking to bounce back. Dolan and Shamblin have great stats but would they transfer to a ACC school? Coll might not really be in the portal.

Some of these guys might have already chosen a school and might not be available at all, but time is running out and I'm frankly a little surprised that Gait and co haven't brought in more help this year.
Curry, Dordevic, Hiltz, Seebold, and Quinn are a strong group of 5 to start on offense. We have a large number of potential breakouts (Birtwistle, Tenaglia, Ferris, Corsi, Berkman, etc) and we have a solid group of vets who should be able to contribute in some fashion (Buttermore, Cook, Mangan, Fiorini). We can find the sixth starter and some solid depth from that crew. I find it hard to view the offense as having some "obvious needs." Would say we could use one guy for more proven depth, but don't think it is the end of the world if that doesn't happen.

I have said it many times before, but the D on the other hand could (will?) be a disaster and the fact we have done nothing at all with transfers there is something I will never agree with. Would take Rock, the Binghamton goalie, literally anyone who has done something of value for a team I would accept with open arms. Even the biggest locker room problem in the world. The staff doing nothing seems like they are hoping that for the first time in history last years issues had nothing to do with talent.

Buttermore to UVA?

Possible, there was talk of him potentially transferring. However, his injury is as such that I don't think he will be seeing much time regardless of where he is next spring which is unfortunate.

Team needed help in every area including offense. Cant expect any newcomer entering lineup to equally replace the games of three graduated players who are current PLL players nor that of Scanlan who was still productive despite issues .

Offseason to date has been disappointing . Almost every team in front of Cuse added from portal to further strengthen and deepen. Some strong teams added several good talents. Leads me to surmise that Cuse 22 record is not that important . Write-offs after regime changes happen all the time in business.

Anyway , easiest way to have helped both our offense and defense would have been to enhance the consistency of fogo play. There was some talk about seeking but nothing brought in

Hopefully a young fogo on roster emerges to complement when matchup not right . Believe Talago is returning despite still being listed in portal.

He just posted this on his Instagram, though not sure what it means. Lots of comments from current Cuse guys so I don’t get the sense that he’s leaving? Given the caption I think he’s dispelling a rumor, but I’m purely guessing.

Hmmm if anything that looks more like an announcement he is coming back than going anywhere.

We need to wake up Mr. UK and tell him we have a "spot of bother" with his Buttermore to UVA theory.

Drexel - Aidan Coll (A)
Marist - Jake Weinman

Watched a lot of Mack before he was hurt. A scorer at either position a or m. He did not back down from contact, seemed very athletic. I'd go after him, risk be damned.

Devon Buckshot - High Point is now in the portal. Don't think Syraucse will touch him but a interesting talent that should land somewhere...maybe Tampa?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom