2021-22 Transfer Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Transfer Thread

Same Toronto>St. Michael’s Prep>Edge (Club) lineage as our recent ‘22 flip Finlay Thomson & the 2 even played together for Mimico in Jr. A box this past Summer. McConvey led the team in points & Thomson was 3rd with UVA’s Cormier 2nd. FWIW, our own Liam Ferris also appeared in 9 games.

Not the same Ferris. Mimico Ferris is playing his college ball at St Josephs in Philly.

Agreed, this one would make a lot of sense.
I have watched a few indoor games from this summer to try and see Trey Deere and Finn Thomson. McConvey is one of the most talked about players in the junior indoor league, which includes a lot of current college stars. I believe he was the points leader in the most recent season. Massive off ball threat who is no slouch off the dodge either. He would fit in nicely.

I have watched a few indoor games from this summer to try and see Trey Deere and Finn Thomson. McConvey is one of the most talked about players in the junior indoor league, which includes a lot of current college stars. I believe he was the points leader in the most recent season. Massive off ball threat who is no slouch off the dodge either. He would fit in nicely.
sounds like a great fit for the hoos, too. maybe buddies with cormier, shellenberger full time at attack, show terenzi the ropes, one year grad programs, dodge draw and dump offense, witnessed how bertrand was successful and incorporated in his one year stop.

Same Toronto>St. Michael’s Prep>Edge (Club) lineage as our recent ‘22 flip Finlay Thomson & the 2 even played together for Mimico in Jr. A box this past Summer. McConvey led the team in points & Thomson was 3rd with UVA’s Cormier 2nd. FWIW, our own Liam Ferris also appeared in 9 games.

McConvey is grad transferring for the ‘23 season & we’re going to have a ton of midfield PT available. Big kid with a cannon of a shot.

I never fail to miss when they are in the portal for the next season. That makes a lot more sense seeing that we are a month into the fall semester. He really looked good against SU, borderline unguardable and had four goals against the Orange. Also put together quite the end of season run, scoring 25 points in the last five games of the year, including six against Maryland in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

I am sure he will be highly sought after. The good news is that SU will have playing time available, the bad news is not sure he will want to spend his last year with a lot of freshmen. Obviously a lot will depend on how this upcoming season goes, but it would be nice to get some veteran talent in to supplement the younger talent that will most likely be filling a lot of spots.

sounds like a great fit for the hoos, too. maybe buddies with cormier, shellenberger full time at attack, show terenzi the ropes, one year grad programs, dodge draw and dump offense, witnessed how bertrand was successful and incorporated in his one year stop.
He is on the same team as Cormier and Finn Thomson (Mimico). Probably would have a similar impact to Cormier out there.

He is on the same team as Cormier and Finn Thomson (Mimico). Probably would have a similar impact to Cormier out there.
cormier and he are the same age. thomson's 3 years younger. just a guess, but decent chance he and cormier have been teammates longer.

McConvey is grad transferring for the ‘23 season & we’re going to have a ton of midfield PT available. Big kid with a cannon of a shot.

Johns Hopkins also has two guys (Peshko & Raposo) who went through the Toronto -> St. Mike's -> Edge pipeline. They could probably use the midfield help as well. There are going to be a lot of suitors for McConvey, can prob add Denver and Ohio State to that list and my guess is it comes down to graduate programs/what he's interested in. That tends to inform a lot of these grad transfer decisions. Where can I go get a degree in my field to advance my career prospects while still giving it one final go on the field

Bredahl is terrific, he can play for any ACC team. Wouldn't surprise me if he lands at Duke or UNC next year.

This is too bad, he's a good player. Perhaps the Cormier box connection that another poster pointed out played a role?

This is too bad. Perhaps the Cormier box connection that another poster pointed out played a roll?

Yes he is. Whether successful or not in pursuing, Tiffany is very selective in free agency, , no shotgun approach . Some questioned Betrand and he answered. McConvey is another highly skilled big with overall game , expecting him to be highly productive these next two years.

Yes he is. Whether successful or not in pursuing, Tiffany is very selective in free agency, , no shotgun approach . Some questioned Betrand and he answered. McConvey is another highly skilled big with overall game , expecting him to be highly productive these next two years.

I don't really think you can call it "selective" when he went hard after Sowers, Khan, Bowen, and several others just like everybody else. He just didn't land them. He hasn't relied on transfers to the degree that Rutgers (or Maryland or Notre Dame to lesser degrees) have, but that's mostly because his roster has very few holes so he hasn't needed to.

I don't really think you can call it "selective" when he went hard after Sowers, Khan, Bowen, and several others just like everybody else. He just didn't land them. He hasn't relied on transfers to the degree that Rutgers (or Maryland or Notre Dame to lesser degrees) have, but that's mostly because his roster has very few holes so he hasn't needed to.
i agree that it doesn't come with an ironclad gold star. there's no way of knowing what he'd do if circumstances were different. and if they did land a big name that they'd missed, would they go down the list for more? or take 3, 4 whatever.

though this isn't the first time transferring schools in lacrosse has been available, and lars' and uva's typical deal has been low volume, low attrition, reasonable rosters.

Understand your take on my semantics but there are two hundred or so in portal and believe Lars engages/explorations have all been top shelf, to me that is being selective and tells me his assessment of McConvey is high enuff to take him off board this early since he doesn't fill up shopping spree as some others do As you alluded, Tillman by comparison may chase the same top shelf but will also go down the line so to speak.

Understand your take on my semantics but there are two hundred or so in portal and believe Lars engages/explorations have all been top shelf, to me that is being selective and tells me his assessment of McConvey is high enuff to take him off board this early since he doesn't fill up shopping spree as some others do As you alluded, Tillman by comparison may chase the same top shelf but will also go down the line so to speak.

They're bringing in Zinn from Hopkins this year and he is not exactly top shelf

UVA also has goalie Miles Thompson on their roster. So I don't think your final statement is true.
Basically, Tillman takes a lot more transfers. Both coaches will go down the line, particularly to answer depth issues.

Looking at their low number of transfers makes UVA's small 2023 class look like a problem. I tend to believe there will be some flips from Ivy league schools and UVA has a lot of space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom