2021-22 Transfer Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Transfer Thread

Yes, he's from Delbarton so those schools make sense. Maryland has a big hole to repalce with Bernhardt gone. It hasn't stopped him in the past but Tillman has a number of highly ranked recruits already on the roster, and Griffin Brown and Eric Holden haven't worked out great this year. UVA will have a spot with Laviano deciding to move on but presumably Shellenberger and Cormier will want to be full time attack. Maybe if he's willing to play midfield. Rutgers will have a lot to replace. Maybe Denver as well, they lose Morrill and Walker. Hopefully SU is in the mix.

I would think Maryland would be the favorite just off the top of my head. Rutty will be in the mix but they lose a ton this year and I think he is probably looking for a team that has champ aspirations. Sometimes these guys end up at odd places (on paper) and for all we know he could commit to Lehigh or something. Brown has come on a bit recently for Maryland but I think those two were brought in to cover in Bernhardt never came back, with him the playing time just isn't there. Maryland is interesting as Tillman has been extremely active pretty much every year in the portal but at some point that will slow down and as you pointed out Brown and Holden are cautionary tales. Maryland also has some guys who may or may not return. Bernhardt, Brown, Holden and Grill are gone for sure but Fairman, Puglise, Wisnauskas, and Demaio all have another year if they want to return. Wisnauskas has already played 5 years so its unclear if he's planning on a sixth but its possible.

Denver is an interesting option, I could see that but like Rutty they lose a ton to graduation so while they will have the room will they have Champ aspirations?

If Maryland keeps bringing in transfers at this rate it's going to impact recruiting. No highly ranked kid wants to commit to a school only for them to bring in a transfer that plays over you. The only freshman who got a lick of PT for the Terps this year was Malever. If they bring in Khan or someone else of that caliber, that's another year that someone like Daniel Kelly or Gabe Goforth sits out.

If Maryland keeps bringing in transfers at this rate it's going to impact recruiting. No highly ranked kid wants to commit to a school only for them to bring in a transfer that plays over you. The only freshman who got a lick of PT for the Terps this year was Malever. If they bring in Khan or someone else of that caliber, that's another year that someone like Daniel Kelly or Gabe Goforth sits out.
That's not true. Jack Koras was a regular on the 2nd Midfield and Ajax Zappitello got a fair amount of time at LSM and on man down.

I think how much Tillman goes after transfers on the offensive end will relate to how many of his own true seniors (Wisnauskas, A.DeMaio, Fairman) decide to return.

Last edited:
Good decision, usually a good defensive team.

I was wondering if Syracuse may be in on Johnson, he was pretty good a couple of years ago. Not sure what the early outlook for that position is for next season.

I was wondering if Syracuse may be in on Johnson, he was pretty good a couple of years ago. Not sure what the early outlook for that position is for next season.
Harrison Thompson seems to be the first backup now (was Shea Katchadurian early in the season, but Thompson got in against ND and Robert Morris). I imagine he'll get first crack at the starting job. He looked okay against ND but hard to evaluate a goalie in those sort of conditions. They also bring in Kyle Rolley from Texas as a freshman next year. I think McPeak walked at senior day, so that would leave Pat Duffy as the only other returning goalie. A total of four for next year.

Harrison Thompson seems to be the first backup now (was Shea Katchadurian early in the season, but Thompson got in against ND and Robert Morris). I imagine he'll get first crack at the starting job. He looked okay against ND but hard to evaluate a goalie in those sort of conditions. They also bring in Kyle Rolley from Texas as a freshman next year. I think McPeak walked at senior day, so that would leave Pat Duffy as the only other returning goalie. A total of four for next year.
I recall Duffy getting a shoutout from Desko in preseason camp.

Zero inside info & pure hope/speculation but I wonder if a certain top local recruit may consider heading home after redshirting at Loyola. Their starter for the last 2 years, Sam Shafer, has the option to return for a 5th year if he chooses. Our last West Genny goalie wasn’t half bad. :)

IT would be better able to answer then me but from what I know SU is happy with what they have in cage and who is scheduled to be coming in the next few years. As Powell noted Thompson has come on strong and is now the #2. I suspect he will be the starter next year barring something unforeseen. They also have high end guys coming in this fall and next. I don't have much concern about the position as it stands right now but that could certainly change, lol.

Corsi was shut down yesterday against Culver. Corsi played in a Juiced Cherries scrimmage against Culver last fall and was ERASED by this Denver commit.
Appreciate the info/film cut-up & welcome to the board. As a Culver fan, I’m assuming you have insight into Hiltz & possibly Pat March’s success with past CMA alums at Princeton, anything you’d care to share?

Also, as long as we’re in the Transfer Portal thread, any insight into where CMA alums Schmidt (ND goalie) or Madronic (Harvard attack, in portal for ‘23) may be looking?

Last edited:
Appreciate the info/film cut-up & welcome to the board. As a Culver fan, I’m assuming you have insight into Hiltz & possibly Pat March’s success with past CMA alums at Princeton, anything you’d care to share?

Also, as long as we’re in the Transfer Portal thread, any insight into where CMA alums Schmidt (ND goalie) or Madronic (Harvard attack, in portal for ‘23) may be looking?
I think the Culver -> Princeton pipeline might be over but I’m not sure Syracuse will benefit from that. If March has a lot of say in recruiting, that might improve the Culver -> Syracuse pipeline. Hiltz was the first Culver player to go to Syracuse. No idea where Schmidt mike look but I’d be willing to be Madronic will give Denver a shot.

I think the Culver -> Princeton pipeline might be over but I’m not sure Syracuse will benefit from that. If March has a lot of say in recruiting, that might improve the Culver -> Syracuse pipeline. Hiltz was the first Culver player to go to Syracuse. No idea where Schmidt mike look but I’d be willing to be Madronic will give Denver a shot.
Hiltz isn't the first player from Culver to come to 'Cuse. David Dilts was a Culver Alum, although many might not remember that because he didn't get much playing time.

I'm a little surprised we have not seen more transfers adding their name to the list this week. School is out for summer and most teams' seasons are over. Perhaps, it will pick up next week.

my understanding is that the transfer portal list is private, privy to coaches and updated daily with new entrants and what is known by public is only what is released by player or leaked amongst the lax community. Do not believe that Xanders or IL has direct access to the daily list but they will hear names that have entered and publish after players confirm. If I am correct then the list is greater than known . Do expect it to expand over the coming days and weeks. The big names in portal will logically draw the most initial interest from the usual suspects. There is also a off market where you may see a transfer occur though a formal entry was never made.

my understanding is that the transfer portal list is private, privy to coaches and updated daily with new entrants and what is known by public is only what is released by player or leaked amongst the lax community. Do not believe that Xanders or IL has direct access to the daily list but they will hear names that have entered and publish after players confirm. If I am correct then the list is greater than known . Do expect it to expand over the coming days and weeks. The big names in portal will logically draw the most initial interest from the usual suspects. There is also a off market where you may see a transfer occur though a formal entry was never made.

The media seems to have access to both the football and basketball portals. 247Sports has no problem posting hourly updates when players enter.

Wouldn't surprise me if the LAX media has backdoor access also.

Lol ND with 4 guys already. Lots of interesting names in the portal.
He didn’t exactly blow up the stat sheet in 2019 (23 points) and I believe was hurt in 2020, but Mitch Bartolo for penn is an absolute tank of a middie. Believe he would have at least 2 years eligibility.

No worries here with SU. I am sure Desko is catching up on his sleep so he will be well-rested in preparation for all the transfers he will have to face next year (if he is still coaching at SU).

More Villanova players enter the portal. One for the Orange to target could be Owen Prybylski, a second team All Big East defender.

Kind of crazy to see Notre Dame add so many players just a week after their season ended. Goes to show that there probably are a lot more players in the portal than we think.

Lol ND with 4 guys already. Lots of interesting names in the portal.
All four are very good players ND was aggressive making calls. Corrigan wasn't waiting for ND season to end or postseason to conclude.

More Villanova players enter the portal. One for the Orange to target could be Owen Prybylski, a second team All Big East defender.

Kind of crazy to see Notre Dame add so many players just a week after their season ended. Goes to show that there probably are a lot more players in the portal than we think.
Prybylski and Burgdorf are both from Westfield NJ hs, a stones throw from Rutgers. Could see them sliding in there to replace defender Bullet and goalie Kirst. ...

Corrigan sought for 22 season while still in 21 postseason, not sure if those four players were ever formally in portal but he went after what the needed , like or hate the transfer market but its the latest game. if I'm a HS recruit, Id take note how some operate in that space nm

Douglas is from Delbarton hs in NJ , teammates there with Kielty and Khan. Douglas and Reynolds will slide in to` replace Kielty and Thornton, Hawkins replaces Leahey and Fedora replaces McNamara . Expect Corrigan now to get into Khan sweepstakes and also to add another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom