2021-22 Transfer Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Transfer Thread

I think if I was in Dyson William's shoes, I'd be putting my name in the transfer portal.

I think if I was in Dyson William's shoes, I'd be putting my name in the transfer portal.

Yes, kind of shocking how many guys stayed at Duke last year despite the influx of transfers. Joey Manown was a multi year starter and didn’t play hardly ever this year. Same with Reilly Walsh I believe. I guess they must have liked playing for Duke more than actually playing. Maybe more guys transfer out this off season seeing that they played a lot of freshman, especially at midfield.

It looks like Duke has decided to go with O'Neill in the left-handed finisher role, sending Williams out to the midfield. It's hard to know if Williams can really excel as a midfielder. Yet Williams would probably start at 90% of the D1 teams as their left hand finisher, and excel at that position and probably be an All-American each year.

It looks like Duke has decided to go with O'Neill in the left-handed finisher role, sending Williams out to the midfield. It's hard to know if Williams can really excel as a midfielder. Yet Williams would probably start at 90% of the D1 teams as their left hand finisher, and excel at that position and probably be an All-American each year.

You can play with two lefties on attack (Syracuse did it this year) but your right, they are two very similar players. And with Robertson on the right they don’t have the facilitator to replace Sowers. That’s a lot of talent at the position but the pieces don’t fit. If you could trade in college Williams would be quite the chip. Crazy that he led the team in scoring two years a go and now it feels like he’s been replaced.

obviously, it depends a lot on how much he likes duke. and mid. he could still be their top option at mid.

if that's not enough, unc and then closer to home cuse, ohio st, mich. maybe penn state or cornell. though ivy transfers in a stretch until covid is over. may lose out on chance for a title and a duke sheepskin (depending on the school).
wonder who else made his last schools considered (when he was 15)?

Yes, kind of shocking how many guys stayed at Duke last year despite the influx of transfers. Joey Manown was a multi year starter and didn’t play hardly ever this year. Same with Reilly Walsh I believe. I guess they must have liked playing for Duke more than actually playing. Maybe more guys transfer out this off season seeing that they played a lot of freshman, especially at midfield.
Have to give Danowski credit. Looking back over the years, I'm not sure I can think of anyone transferring out of Duke. As an outsider who doesn't know much of anything about Duke, I'd say that's an indicator that the culture there must be pretty stellar.

One thing I will note about Dano is that his depth chart seems to be much more fluid than most coaches. Guys will go from the scout team to the second or first line over the course of the season, and vice versa. Walsh and Quigley were freshmen starters for Duke, found themselves out of the rotation completely at times in the season, and then worked their way back into the lineup. Leadman was not seeing the field and ended up on the first line. Basile has jumped back and forth between the scout team and seeing the field. Whilst this can backfire some times (perhaps it did this year) in leading to a lack of cohesion, it probably does wonders for team morale and the quality of play at practice since everyone knows and believes that good play will be rewarded, and that they are not destined to ride the pine no matter what.

Peter Lamade used his extra year of eligibility from the Duke fiasco at UVa

Would think Trippi would be a starter on midfield for the Heels next season. Might want to go back to his natural attack position though. Interesting entry.

Would think Trippi would be a starter on midfield for the Heels next season. Might want to go back to his natural attack position though. Interesting entry.

Trippi is kind of what I wanted/expected Cook to be for us this year. A spark off the bench who is not perfect but really has his moments and can get hot. I would take him without question. We could certainly use the depth.

Tygh could be a huge pickup
would he be though? He took about 50 face offs this year and was under 50%. Was third guy late in the season when Braun started to take more draws as the second guy. Not saying he wouldnt be good for someone, but for another ACC team idk...

would he be though? He took about 50 face offs this year and was under 50%. Was third guy late in the season when Braun started to take more draws as the second guy. Not saying he wouldnt be good for someone, but for another ACC team idk...
I stand corrected. I just knew he was a big recruit. Surprised he struggled that much. Just assume that he realized he probably want going to win that battle.

According to FanLax-- Zach Lee (D) and JT Stirpe (A) are in the transfer portal.

According to posters over at Fanlax, Jonathan Donville is transferring to Maryland. Had back to back 30+ point season in 2018 and 2019 and 20 in the five game 2020 season. Seems like a big pickup that has flown under the radar.

Syracuse: Zach Lee (D), Luke Talago (FO), JT Stirpe (M)

This might sound bad, but I hope there are more transfers this off season. No offense to the guys listed but I don't think they were ever going to see the field at Syracuse, and the roster is frankly too large. I do not want to see any of the big names leave who we expect to be starters, and there are younger guys like Ferris and Birtwistle who I hope stay on, but getting the roster smaller isn't a bad thing here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom