2021-22 Transfer Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Transfer Thread

He only has 1 year of eligibility remaining, hard to see a big time program taking a flyer based on some of the alleged issues at Albany

The only realistic destination for Tehoka is Tampa IMHO. Close to IMG and they have and do take kids with baggage already.

He only has 1 year of eligibility remaining, hard to see a big time program taking a flyer based on some of the alleged issues at Albany

Agreed. People on the internet are making Syracuse connections (to be clear, just conjecture by randoms), but I don't see it. After the issues with Scanlan I think the last thing a new coach would want to do is bring in someone who has been kicked off their previous team. Interesting to see where he ends up. Some coaches out there are pretty ruthless, and if they think their locker room is in good shape they might try and make it work. He is very talented. But from a Syracuse perspective I just don't think its worth it.

Guess Williams will be back at midfield.

I don't know why Williams doesn't put his name in the transfer portal. He could start at lefty attack at so many other D1 programs. He would probably score like 70 points and be an All-American.

Agreed. People on the internet are making Syracuse connections (to be clear, just conjecture by randoms), but I don't see it. After the issues with Scanlan I think the last thing a new coach would want to do is bring in someone who has been kicked off their previous team. Interesting to see where he ends up. Some coaches out there are pretty ruthless, and if they think their locker room is in good shape they might try and make it work. He is very talented. But from a Syracuse perspective I just don't think its worth it.

Ya I have a hard time finding a home for him to be honest. A team like Rutgers or Michigan as a one year flyer makes sense but again if things go south you could have issues beyond that one year. Can't see any other power schools being an option save for maybe Denver.

I dunno- if he took a blood oath promising to be a good boy AND taking a vow of complete silence for the season, I might rent him for a year just to try to make something out of the '22 season and keep the next year's class excited.

While I would normally say there is 100% no way in hell we even reach out to Tehoka, let alone he comes here, our DC is the former head coach of Hopkins so anything is possible.

I don't know why Williams doesn't put his name in the transfer portal. He could start at lefty attack at so many other D1 programs. He would probably score like 70 points and be an All-American.
Because he can earn a job back at attack. Danowski plays the kids who earn the right to be out there. Maybe Williams can’t displace O’Neill but maybe he can win a starting attack spot back. I know many here abhor the idea of two lefties at attack, but it is a thing that exists.

I’m more surprised Duke is dipping back into the grad transfer pool. Danowski admitted there were chemistry issues this year with all the transfers. Maybe he sees the Penn kid as filling a role like Charlie Bertrand did for Virginia.

Because he can earn a job back at attack. Danowski plays the kids who earn the right to be out there. Maybe Williams can’t displace O’Neill but maybe he can win a starting attack spot back. I know many here abhor the idea of two lefties at attack, but it is a thing that exists.

I’m more surprised Duke is dipping back into the grad transfer pool. Danowski admitted there were chemistry issues this year with all the transfers. Maybe he sees the Penn kid as filling a role like Charlie Bertrand did for Virginia.
Well, with Duke adding Lully this doesn't look too likely.
Duke's attack will probably be O'Neil, Lully, and Robertson.

It's not that they are lefties, its that they overlap on the field. Hiltz and Rhefuss worked as two lefties because Rhefuss was able to play at X, and Hiltz could operate on the wing. Neither Williams nor O'Neil operate from X. I suppose if you stick Williams on the crease it might work, but I don't think so. I don't think they would have brought in an X attackman like Lulley if they didn't want him to play there, and since Williams already was moved to midfield last year doesn't seem like they would move him back.

According to rumors on Fanlax it sounds like Keegan Khan has narrowed his list of schools to UVA, UNC and Maryland. Not really a surprising list, but on the face of it, it seems like two of those schools would be odd fits.

UVA returns Shellenberger and Moore, though maybe they could turn Khan into a right handed version of Bertrand. The "position-less-ness" of their offense could be a selling point and they could use some extra fire power since losing three contributors (Laviano, Bertrand and Aiktin). But still seems like they have players already playing his position, Moore especially.

UNC already has Gray and Solomon at the right handed spot, and are already losing two natural attackmen in Trippi and Cameron due to playing time. They need midfielders, not attackmen. But maybe they just see an opportunity to add more talent and they'll figure it out later. Solomon is a good player, but they could maybe use an upgrade there.

Maryland makes the most sense, they have an opening now that Bernhardt has moved on. The only question is are they comfortable making their other players sit another year? Especially someone like Malever who looked primed to take over next year. Since Maltz is a crease attackman, they could rotate four attackman pretty easily, if they wanted to get more dodging on the field. Also, many thought (myself included) that Holden and Brown would be more than second line midfielders last year, so Malever, or another Terp already on the roster, might still beat out Khan for playing time. Maybe that's a selling point for Khan not to go to Maryland?

Anyway, its too bad he's not considering Syracuse since the Orange have a big hole on the right hand side of their attack. One other player I had forgotten about till he was brought up on Fanlax is Owen Murphy from Hopkins. He's been in the portal since the beginning of last year, but with Petro now on the staff, I wonder if the former Avon Old Farms player gets a look from Syracuse? He would fill a need and would have four years of eligibility since 2020 did not count. He had 13 points in six games, but 11 of those came in the last three of the season. I'm not sure why he left Hopkins, but he might be someone to look into.

According to rumors on Fanlax it sounds like Keegan Khan has narrowed his list of schools to UVA, UNC and Maryland. Not really a surprising list, but on the face of it, it seems like two of those schools would be odd fits.

UVA returns Shellenberger and Moore, though maybe they could turn Khan into a right handed version of Bertrand. The "position-less-ness" of their offense could be a selling point and they could use some extra fire power since losing three contributors (Laviano, Bertrand and Aiktin). But still seems like they have players already playing his position, Moore especially.

UNC already has Gray and Solomon at the right handed spot, and are already losing two natural attackmen in Trippi and Cameron due to playing time. They need midfielders, not attackmen. But maybe they just see an opportunity to add more talent and they'll figure it out later. Solomon is a good player, but they could maybe use an upgrade there.

Maryland makes the most sense, they have an opening now that Bernhardt has moved on. The only question is are they comfortable making their other players sit another year? Especially someone like Malever who looked primed to take over next year. Since Maltz is a crease attackman, they could rotate four attackman pretty easily, if they wanted to get more dodging on the field. Also, many thought (myself included) that Holden and Brown would be more than second line midfielders last year, so Malever, or another Terp already on the roster, might still beat out Khan for playing time. Maybe that's a selling point for Khan not to go to Maryland?

Anyway, its too bad he's not considering Syracuse since the Orange have a big hole on the right hand side of their attack. One other player I had forgotten about till he was brought up on Fanlax is Owen Murphy from Hopkins. He's been in the portal since the beginning of last year, but with Petro now on the staff, I wonder if the former Avon Old Farms player gets a look from Syracuse? He would fill a need and would have four years of eligibility since 2020 did not count. He had 13 points in six games, but 11 of those came in the last three of the season. I'm not sure why he left Hopkins, but he might be someone to look into.
Slight red flag with Murphy is that someone was saying he left for academic reasons, but he looked like someone with a ton of potential. Petro certainly played him a lot as a freshman in 2020.

Wanted to clarify that Cameron from UNC is in the portal as a grad transfer for the 2023 season. He will be in Chapel Hill in 2022.

Murphy would be a great fit for the Syracuse. It was rumored that he may have had some academic issues, but he is a talented player and may just need a fresh start. Interestingly enough when he committed to Hopkins as a rising freshmen all the media sources uses photos of him wearing Syracuse gloves...

Wanted to clarify that Cameron from UNC is in the portal as a grad transfer for the 2023 season. He will be in Chapel Hill in 2022.
Didn't even know that was as a thing that someone could do. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail i always say.

Didn't even know that was as a thing that someone could do. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail i always say.
Yes Madronik from Harvard among other Ivy players have been in the portal for 2023 season for a while

Perhaps Syracuse will glom onto him, hasn't Porter finished up?

Perhaps Syracuse will glom onto him, hasn't Porter finished up?
I think we aim higher if we look for a goalie in the portal. He was not even MDs go to back up and even McNaney didn't overly impress me as their starter. Best goalie in the portal is still probably Bonaventure's Brett Dobson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom