2021-22 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

Hope we plan on adding a bullpen piece or something as clearly Freeman is a no go now.

Oh hell, might as well just bring Gardy back too.
2 years and $30m I'm reading for Rizzo. You know Gardner is coming back as a backup/every day player when Stanton gets hurt

2 years and $30m I'm reading for Rizzo. You know Gardner is coming back as a backup/every day player when Stanton gets hurt
That would be criminal. How many old, injury-prone guys with declining skills do you need?

Until the team rebuilds, it is going to be perpetually stuck in the good, but not great category. As much as it hurts me to say this, Boston did it properly. Tear down. Get good and young and compete.

Yankees are basically all over the hill, swing for the moon guys.

The Rizzo signing indicates to me a couple of things:
A) Obviously Freeman isn't going to the Bronx
B) The Yankees have some indication that the mask mandate is going away.
I don't see how they'd sign him if they knew that he'd have to miss 81 home games and the 3 games at Citi. DJ would probably play 1B in Toronto if Canadian rules remain the same.

The Rizzo signing indicates to me a couple of things:
A) Obviously Freeman isn't going to the Bronx
B) The Yankees have some indication that the mask mandate is going away.
I don't see how they'd sign him if they knew that he'd have to miss 81 home games and the 3 games at Citi. DJ would probably play 1B in Toronto if Canadian rules remain the same.
It also probably means we've seen the last of Voit.

Hard to see them improving over last year. Pitching is still a question mark and frankly Green and Chappie as the setup and closer don't give me a lot of confidence. Not sure flipping Voit without adding some of those prospects Cashman holds dear is going to yield a number 2 or 3 rotational type of pitcher. I still think they will try and trade Torres.

Hard to see them improving over last year. Pitching is still a question mark and frankly Green and Chappie as the setup and closer don't give me a lot of confidence. Not sure flipping Voit without adding some of those prospects Cashman holds dear is going to yield a number 2 or 3 rotational type of pitcher. I still think they will try and trade Torres.
I think the bullpen will end up being fine. I worry more about the rotation delivering and holding up over the course of the season. Torres will really be the guy under the microscope if he isn't moved.

I'm assuming Cashman is trying to swap Torres and/or Voit for any reliable starting pitching he can find. Rotation is again counting too heavily on injury comebacks.

I know things work out with off days and injuries, but I don't think you walk into a season with 2 of Torres, DJ, Voit being utility players.

Torres not being able to handle shortstop creates as much inflexibility as Stanton's $30M to primarily be a DH (assuming a healthy Hicks will be in CF about 6 out of 7 days).

I'm assuming Cashman is trying to swap Torres and/or Voit for any reliable starting pitching he can find. Rotation is again counting too heavily on injury comebacks.

I know things work out with off days and injuries, but I don't think you walk into a season with 2 of Torres, DJ, Voit being utility players.

Torres not being able to handle shortstop creates as much inflexibility as Stanton's $30M to primarily be a DH (assuming a healthy Hicks will be in CF about 6 out of 7 days).
Torres played a lot of innings at SS in 2019 and was fine by most fielding metrics. I'm not sure what has happened to him since, but it's not like you can't play him there at all. I'm also not sure what's happened to him at plate. He's barely 25, so I hope he can turn things around. Puzzling.

6 out 7!!!

im not sure i can watch 20 Ks, 3 singles a double and 1 HR a week.

good glove though.

Torres played a lot of innings at SS in 2019 and was fine by most fielding metrics. I'm not sure what has happened to him since, but it's not like you can't play him there at all. I'm also not sure what's happened to him at plate. He's barely 25, so I hope he can turn things around. Puzzling.

I recall the thought last year that he was just generally more confident when they moved him back to 2B, including at the plate.

6 out 7!!!

im not sure i can watch 20 Ks, 3 singles a double and 1 HR a week.

good glove though.

When healthy, they seem to love him. Must be the walks.

But he's only played over 100 games twice in his career. So maybe 4 out of 7.

I recall the thought last year that he was just generally more confident when they moved him back to 2B, including at the plate.
He seemed to be, yes. I was just pointing out that he had played SS at the ML level decently in the past. I believe it was actually his natural position when he was coming up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom