2021-22 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

One final thought on pitch-framing: this is an area where old-school types and data heads should be united. For ages, scouts and coaches have talked about this intangible mythical quality of being a “good receiver” behind the plate or a good framer of pitches. Thanks to TrackMan technology, we have verified that this quality exists. The intangible is now tangible.

"He doesn't block low pitches well, doesn't consistently throw out runners, calls a game poorly, and strikes out repeatedly. But man, can he frame pitches."

Said nobody ever.

No crap to you Donnie, you're okay by me, but I don't think it's a worthwhile stat to argue. At the end of the day, it's can he hit, can he run, can he throw, can he deliver. I just don't think framing pitches matters much in evaluating catchers. Just IMHO.
He's got an ugly girlfriend. An ugly girlfriend means he's got no confidence.

I'm sorry that the Andrew "The Bronx Kid" Velazquez story has played out. That series against the Red Sox was epic.

Last edited:
I realize this stuff is an inexact science, but the two guys that are now at the bottom of the Top 30 list are two guys that I believe were once sought after prospects in bigger trade possibilities.

I had shoulder impingement one time. A few weeks of physical therapy and I was pretty much back to normal. I am not a MLB pitcher however.
Well, if you hadn’t had the shoulder impingement, who knows.

Source: Yankees and RHP Jameson Taillon avoid arbitration, settle at $5.8 million.

This is how I picture Hal after all those settlements.

c04867706d9a9c4e8e1158c3c1306e73.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom