2021 Bracketology | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Bracketology

Rutgers fans have a rather over inflated respect for their athletic prowess. History shows otherwise. This applies to all sports. There are some fans who try to be honest about comparisons but most are clueless or simply full of hatred.

Rutgers fans hate SU. We don't care, we find it amusing. Give it time, you will see, they hate everyone. In time you will discover that Rutgers sees themselves dominating the B1G. Historically they have done nothing but you, too, will be amused. Annoyed at times, but mostly amused at their systemic incompetence, lack of business sense (I e. More than half a billion in the red between AD expenditures and revenue over the past 20 years with no hope of paying it back), and athletic prowess for over-hyped athletes. Don't take our word for it, just sit back, grab some popcorn, follow their fan site, and enjoy the show.

Rutgers fans are faithful to their teams, ad all fans should be. Few are reasoned in sports and less have knowledge of the sports they watch and the histories related to the games. This can be very amusing and highly annoying. Which explains how they view themselves much better because they lost twice to the conference champion and feel disrespected because nobody cares.

Had they beaten a winning team, their argument would hold more merit and more people would care. Everyone understands the B1G made a stupid decision to limit play to conference teams only. Rutgers truly could the #2 team behind UMD, but they did not play OOC. Every other conference played OOC so there is at least some mechanism to gage their play. If Rutgers beats Lehigh, they will earn some respect. However, their real test will be UNC. Grab your popcorn.
I don't really expect Rutgers to beat UNC. I think UNC is a more complete team and should win 75% of the time. Rutgers does have a very good offense and is dangerous though.
Rutgers might not get passed Lehigh, who have a strong face-off man.
In the end, Rutgers is ranked #9 which says they should be in the tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom