2021 Coaching Carousel | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Coaching Carousel

Rutgers is losing Robb Smith, their DC, to Duke. Surprising that Duke could poach an important part of the RU coaching staff. Elko continues on his good start.

I wonder if Fran Brown gets promoted to DC now and gets a raise so they won't lose him as well? If so, is he a good X and O guy or more a hired gun for recruiting?

Rutgers is losing Robb Smith, their DC, to Duke. Surprising that Duke could poach an important part of the RU coaching staff. Elko continues on his good start.

I wonder if Fran Brown gets promoted to DC now and gets a raise so they won't lose him as well? If so, is he a good X and O guy or more a hired gun for recruiting?
rutgers fans complained about Smith. They were hoping he got pushed out. I still think Fran has a lot to prove as a coach. His DB's werent all that great

rutgers fans complained about Smith. They were hoping he got pushed out. I still think Fran has a lot to prove as a coach. His DB's werent all that great

Just my guess but I would imagine Schiano probably runs the defense for the most part regardless who the DC in name is, maybe why Smith is getting out. Schiano always been known as a micro manager

Clemson staff assignments being adjusted and I find their promotion of an off-field assistant interesting in light of some of the belly aching about Lanear Sampson. Clemson is promoting Kyle Richardson, who had served as Director of High School Relations to Tight Ends coach and passing game coordinator.

We do have some good off-field assistants if it ever comes to that. Besides Lanear Sampson (offensive analyst), there is Travis Greene (offensive analyst), David Gettis (offense quality control) and off course Deon Maddox (Director of High School Relations). No idea with regards to their coaching chops but they were all accomplished players.

0B4B39F2-3B35-4D21-9BED-0F34500530DA.jpeg

With Dabo as the Kickoff speaker.

Lots of remaining coaching positions will likely be filled as a result.

I saw Chris Weinke play a very lousy 3B for the Syracuse Chiefs in 1995 or 1996 (was definitely at the Mac). I want to say he hit .160 on the year.

So I was very surprised when the guy with the weird last name resurfaced as a college football player.

That's a nice hire.
Yes, I like the Rudolph hire a lot. There aren't many OL coaches with a better track record out there.

The passing game coordinator hire is an interesting one. Older guy who has done well at lower levels of the sport.

The DC they hired, Marve is also an interesting hire. He is only 32. He got booted at MSU after only a year as run game DC and did a decent job at FSU as their LB coach last season. I have to say I thought FSU's defense looked terrible against Syracuse; I was not impressed at all.

With Price and Pry, they should be able to cover for any deficiencies Marve might have. As well as the new safeties coach, who has been a DC at a HS for most of the last decade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom