2021 Coaching Carousel | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Coaching Carousel

DANCE OFF for a DC!!!!

Dance Off Chris Pratt GIF

Hmmmmm. That’s an interesting name
Wonder if it is a mutual departure or is the new ND coach getting rid of him. He was a west coast guy originally. I don't recall any big name ND WRs off the top of my head - maybe Claypool from a few years back. But then again, I don't closely follow them.

Wonder if it is a mutual departure or is the new ND coach getting rid of him. He was a west coast guy originally. I don't recall any big name ND WRs off the top of my head - maybe Claypool from a few years back. But then again, I don't closely follow them.

• Mentored graduate student WRs Javon McKinley and Ben Skowronek to standout seasons in 2020, as Skowronek was selected in the seventh round of the 2021 NFL Draft by the Los Angeles Rams and McKinley signed as a free agent with the Detroit Lions. In 2020, both receivers posted a game with three receiving TDs. No other Notre Dame player has ever recorded more receiving touchdowns in a single game vs. a Power 5 opponent than McKinley’s (vs. Syracuse) and Skowronek’s three (vs. Boston College).
  • Critical in the development of 2020 second-round pick Chase Claypool (Pittsburgh), 2019 third-round pick Miles Boykin (Baltimore) and San Francisco 49ers signee Chris Finke
  • Claypool led the Irish and recorded career-highs in receptions (66), receiving yards (1037) and receiving TDs (13) in his final season in 2019
  • Boykin, who entered 2018 with 18 career receptions for 334 yards and three TDs, hauled in 59 passes for 872 yards and eight TDs – all team-highs – in his final season in 2018
  • Finke, a former walk-on, hauled in 90 catches for 1,032 yards and six TDs in his final two seasons

Believe Mack was interested in hiring Grob when he first became UNC coach.
Yes. Pretty sure Grob was his DC at Texas for a time.

If Mack could only use some of that money he has to work with to replace himself, UNC would be dangerous.

Yes. Pretty sure Grob was his DC at Texas for a time.

If Mack could only use some of that money he has to work with to replace himself, UNC would be dangerous.
Well jeepers Tom lets sip a sweet T and roll that one around for a spell.

UCLA DC Jerry Azzinaro has resigned. Tony White a candidate to return to west coast as his alma mater's DC?

I saw Nate Hackett’s name mentioned in a Giants coaching thread. I wonder if Doug would consider a call from his old OC to go to NYC if it happened.

I saw the same in a Bears thread a week ago.

This article says that BC WR coach Joe Dailey might get promoted to OC at BC as a result of the Cignetti defection. Last I know, Pitt lost their WR coach and I expect Cignetti is going to try and take Dailey with him to Pitt.

BC's best bet to keep Dailey is to make him their OC.

So we are in competition for a WR coach with Pitt and maybe BC as well, if we don't hire someone soon. Still think we might be interested in bringing Joe to Syracuse. With Cignetti out, if Joe does not get the OC job, there is a good chance the new OC will bring in one of his guys to be the WR coach. It might be a good time to reach out to Dailey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom