2021 Coaching Carousel | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Coaching Carousel

An alma mater is a special connection. He has grafted and deserves consideration. I would be happy for him professionally and personally.

As a matter of opinion, I think both Sean Tucker and Benny Williams should transfer.
So, if a player doesn't see the floor, he should transfer right away. And if he has great success, he should transfer right away. So only mediocre players should stay?

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe you're not actually a Syracuse fan.

An alma mater is a special connection. He has grafted and deserves consideration. I would be happy for him professionally and personally.

As a matter of opinion, I think both Sean Tucker and Benny Williams should transfer.

Your trolling should not be associated with the name of such a great song.

What a massive downgrade for UVa here. Surprised they didn’t give Hagans a shot. Elliott has made a number of strange decisions early.
Wonder if that opens a door to poach Hagans and bring him here? Probably not but ya never know.

Big slap to BC.
Yes. If you are serious about having a good football program, you can’t let a league competitor take your OC. The worst part might be the timing. At this point, all the good OC candidates have been taken.

BC is in a tough place. They better bring their big boy checkbook if they want a decent OC at this point in the game.

So does that open the door to the WR coach there at BC who some said was a good recruiter and maybe trying to bring him in?

So does that open the door to the WR coach there at BC who some said was a good recruiter and maybe trying to bring him in?
Pitt lost their highly regarded WR coach, and last I knew, still haven’t replaced him. I would think Joe Dailey is going to have a chance to move to Pittsburgh if he wants to. Cignetti is his mentor and we surely offer him that job.

And he might take it. From where I am hearing, BC is thinking seriously about promoting Dailey and making him the OC. If they do that, they will surely retain him. I am thinking if Dailey doesn’t get the OC job, it is really unlikely BC will be able to keep him.

I think it is going to be tough for Syracuse to get Dailey. We would surely be competing.with a solid Pitt offer and he is Cignetti’s guy. Pitt football is on a high right now and job security there with a new hire OC and a HC on solid ground is good. We would have to offer a lot of cash to have a chance.

Now we know that Coach Anae made over $600K last season and Coach Whipple at Pitt made less than $500K. That was a key reason Nebraska hired Whipple instead of Anae. Not sure what Cignetti was making at BC but I bet it was significantly less than Whipple.

If the salaries for our assistant coaches are going to see the same significant increases we have seen SU pay for Coach Anae (and presumably Coach Beck), we might be offering more than Pitt or BC for a WR coach. As mentioned, if BC offers Dailey the OC job, he will surely take it. It will get him more money and a chance at a converted coordinator job. That is a no brainer decision.

If BC goes in a different direction, maybe there is a bidding war between SU and Pitt for Dailey? Maybe BC gets involved as well. This would be completely out of character for Syracuse but we are seeing JW doing things no AD has done at Syracuse in recent years. Maybe ever. So maybe it could happen.

If we are serious about recruiting Jersey, this is a great opportunity to become a factor there. Particularly in North Jersey, where Dailey is from. Things kinds of considerations will play a big role in the future of the Big 3 ACC programs in the Northeast. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

It is very possible Syracuse has their eyes on other candidates for the WR coach opening and has no interest in Joe. I have no idea what is happening (which is good work on the part of Coach Babers and JW). It is fun to speculate though…..

What a massive downgrade for UVa here. Surprised they didn’t give Hagans a shot. Elliott has made a number of strange decisions early.
Almost as if this chain of decisions is a continuation of the decisions he made which resulted in the cratering of Clemons offense, despite top 5 recruiting classes right gbo ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom