2021 Coaching Carousel | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Coaching Carousel

And suddenly, we have a chance to beat the troubled Irish. Sweet!
Remember that he refused the SU job in 2008 after being interviewed by Dr. Gross?

Remember that he refused the SU job in 2008 after being interviewed by Dr. Gross?

Not sure he interviewed. After it was reported he had, it was reported a few days later that he had not. Supposedly SU asked Temple for permission to interview him but he said he wasn’t interested. The prevailing thought was he was waiting on the PSU job. The guy that we did offer was Skip Holtz.

Not sure he interviewed. After it was reported he had, it was reported a few days later that he had not. Supposedly SU asked Temple for permission to interview him but he said he wasn’t interested. The prevailing thought was he was waiting on the PSU job. The guy that we did offer was Skip Holtz.
And the story goes that Skip was going to accept until he and Mrs Holtz came to Syracuse to sign the contracts. Mrs Holtz was not happy with the weather (it was of course during the middle of winter) and told Skip Syracuse had been vetoed.

A belated thank you Mrs Holtz...

And the story goes that Skip was going to accept until he and Mrs Holtz came to Syracuse to sign the contracts. Mrs Holtz was not happy with the weather (it was of course during the middle of winter) and told Skip Syracuse had been vetoed.

A belated thank you Mrs Holtz...
I wasn't happy with the damn weather either, but I stayed four years! lol

images

Former Cuse player Steve Gregory to Miami
I like what my new Phins coach is doing down there. McDaniel is bringing in a mix of high experience coaches with lower experience former player coaches. Madison, Surtain, Gregory. All guys who found success and can relate and train up the players in the Miami secondary. In theory I like the approach.

Miami has got to be successful with that crew. And that success will drive Florida State nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom