2021 MLB Season | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

I don't see it. Their bullpen is awful.
They have one of the best run differentials in the league which could mean that W/L record starts to better reflect that, and a pretty easy remaining schedule. I think they finish really strong.

They have one of the best run differentials in the league which could mean that W/L record starts to better reflect that, and a pretty easy remaining schedule. I think they finish really strong.
That run differential tells the story when compared to their W-L record. They bludgeon people with their offense but lose a lot of close games because their bullpen makes a mess.

Why was Cora pitching Barnes for the 3rd time in 2 days yesterday?
And asking him for 4 outs?

I put a live bet at +550 before the Springer home run. Paid off.

Why was Cora pitching Barnes for the 3rd time in 2 days yesterday?
And asking him for 4 outs?

I put a live bet at +550 before the Springer home run. Paid off.
Sox bullpen was stretched. Sawamura getting hurt caused Ottovino to have to be used an inning early.
Cora mismanaged the bullpen. To be fair one of those Barnes outings was only 1 pitch but I could see that HR coming as Springer owns him.

Sox bullpen was stretched. Sawamura getting hurt caused Ottovino to have to be used an inning early.
Cora mismanaged the bullpen. To be fair one of those Barnes outings was only 1 pitch but I could see that HR coming as Springer owns him.
It was only one pitch but he still had a full warm up to get in to the game. The big mistake was not the Springer HR. It was the walk to the #9 hitter right before him.

Cora went to Barnes for the dreaded four out save. Amazing how often that backfires.

That run differential tells the story when compared to their W-L record. They bludgeon people with their offense but lose a lot of close games because their bullpen makes a mess.

Strangely it's not the bullpen that is the biggest factor of them struggling in late close games... it's actually the offence. Not to say the bullpen has not been underperforming.

I heard this about 5 days ago, but their offence is actually the 2nd worst in the AL in terms of runs between the 7th and 9th innings... while they are the best between the 1st and 6th innings.

Last edited:
Strangely it's not the bullpen that is the biggest factor of them struggling in late close games... it's actually the offence. Not to say the bullpen has not been underperforming.

I heard this about 5 days ago, but their offence is actually the 2nd worst in the AL in terms of runs between the 7th and 9th innings... while they are the best between the 1st and 6th innings.
That's a valid point but another way to look at it is they're building up big leads in the first six innings but are then unable to hold those leads. The Jays are 2nd in the AL in terms of runs per game. That said, it seems that their bullpen has been performing a bit better as of late compared to earlier in the year. Right now they're ranked 9th out of 15 AL clubs in terms of bullpen ERA. All of the AL playoff contenders are above them and all of the weakest links are below them. I remember looking at bullpen stats a month or so ago and they were closer to the bottom back then.

The "MLB at Field of Dreams" game is not being played on the field of dreams. What is the point? They basically built a minor league stadium next to it.
200.gif

It also annoys me that none of the Woodstock anniversaries were at the original site.

The "MLB at Field of Dreams" game is not being played on the field of dreams. What is the point? They basically built a minor league stadium next to it.
200.gif

It also annoys me that none of the Woodstock anniversaries were at the original site.
I am guessing they didn't want to mess with the original with the stands, lights and everything they need to have a game there, but I get your point.

Anyone listening to the Red Sox on EEI?
Is McDonough going off?
If I am in the car I will listen.
Joe needs to retire. He isn’t good.
Merloni is a company hack.
The other guy is a young guy who just wants a job so I don’t blame him for being the way he is.
I love when Sean McDonough does the games he tells it the way it is.

Is McDonough going off?
If I am in the car I will listen.
Joe needs to retire. He isn’t good.
Merloni is a company hack.
The other guy is a young guy who just wants a job so I don’t blame him for being the way he is.
I love when Sean McDonough does the games he tells it the way it is.
McDonough was talking about jerry remy and it sounded like he was seriously choked up. Wonder if the cancer is more advanced than they are letting on

McDonough was talking about jerry remy and it sounded like he was seriously choked up. Wonder if the cancer is more advanced than they are letting on
It’s the 3rd time cancer has come back. The Remdawg is a fighter but honestly that disease doesn’t quit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom