2021 MLB Season | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

SF Giants just win every game. It’s incredible. Dodgers are playing well and losing ground. 70-46...and we’re 5 games out!!

Gonna win 100 games and be in a stupid one and done wild card game.

SF Giants just win every game. It’s incredible. Dodgers are playing well and losing ground. 70-46...and we’re 5 games out!!

Gonna win 100 games and be in a stupid one and done wild card game.
Worst part is you will play them in the LDS rather than LCS which is best of 5 games versus 7 games.
So Scherzer gets wasted in the play-in game and he only gets one of 5 games.

It’s stupid.
Same thing happened to the Red Sox in 2018.
They won all those games and had to play the Yankees in the LDS in a 5 game series. They won it but I wanted a 7 game series because the Red Sox were better and a 5 game series is a flukey.

Worst part is you will play them in the LDS rather than LCS which is best of 5 games versus 7 games.

It’s stupid.
They won all those games and had to play the Yankees in the LDS in a 5 game series. They won it but I wanted a 7 game series because the Red Sox were better and a 5 game series is a flukey.
Even beyond that, a one game playoff is fluky. The worst team in the league could beat the best team in the league in one game, in baseball.

It’s stupid.

I'd rather this system than the way the 2003 and 2004 Red Sox laid in the weeds and weren't punished for being a wild card team. Both years they had such a big lead in the WC standings by September that they could get everyone healthy and had no incentive to go all in for the division title. No 1 game do or die, they get the same 5 game series opening as the division winners and didn't have to face the #1 team in the LDS if from the same division. The only wild card drawback was game 5 on the road.

I'd rather this system than the way the 2003 and 2004 Red Sox laid in the weeds and weren't punished for being a wild card team. Both years they had such a big lead in the WC standings by September that they could get everyone healthy and had no incentive to go all in for the division title. No 1 game do or die, they get the same 5 game series opening as the division winners and didn't have to face the #1 team in the LDS if from the same division. The only wild card drawback was game 5 on the road.

I want the best teams playing in the playoffs.

Though I admittedly only really care because it’s affecting my favorite team this year.

If LA gets knocked out in the one game playoff and I gotta watch the second wild card team and NL East winner (both with way worse records than us) play series’s, it’s gonna suck.

They fixed it for sure.
With said blowing a 3-0 games lead Yankees should have no complaints.

Cubs are rebuilding and will stink next season. Better game would be Dodgers - Braves. At least there would be more national interest and bigger stars on the field.

Cubs are rebuilding and will stink next season. Better game would be Dodgers - Braves. At least there would be more national interest and bigger stars on the field.
They want older more historic franchises that were around during the time theme of the movie. Reds/White Sox would have been perfect 1919 World series. Guess they wanted someone who didn't play this year.

They want older more historic franchises that were around during the time theme of the movie. Reds/White Sox would have been perfect 1919 World series. Guess they wanted someone who didn't play this year.
Dodgers - Giants.

Two best records in baseball at the moment.

Long time rivalry that spans from their NY days to their California days.

Old franchises.

Wonder how much of it is the Midwest location, and wanting Midwest teams?

Dodgers - Giants.

Old franchises.

It's one game so I don't think records matter that much. People associate the Dodgers and Giants more with California now than they do Ny. Most of the people who watched the NY Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers have passed away. I think they want the Midwest and the time period from the movie.

Dodgers - Giants.

Old franchises.

Chicago and STL fans will definitely travel. I don’t know about Cincy. Do they have fans?

Not sure LA/SF fans will travel, but maybe the rivalry will be a draw. Atlanta fans barely attend the games in Atlanta, don’t see them going to Iowa.

Chicago and STL fans will definitely travel. I don’t know about Cincy. Do they have fans?

Not sure LA/SF fans will travel, but maybe the rivalry will be a draw. Atlanta fans barely attend the games in Atlanta, don’t see them going to Iowa.
Dodger fans seem to be all over the place as far as being a presence at road games, though. After the Yankees and maybe Red Sox, they’re probably the next franchise with fans basically everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom