2021 MLB Season | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Chicago and STL fans will definitely travel. I don’t know about Cincy. Do they have fans?

Not sure LA/SF fans will travel, but maybe the rivalry will be a draw. Atlanta fans barely attend the games in Atlanta, don’t see them going to Iowa.
I highly doubt people living in La or San Fran have an interest in visiting Dyersville Iowa. Plus I believe this year only Iowa residents were allowed to buy tickets.

Dodger fans seem to be all over the place as far as being a presence at road games, though. After the Yankees and maybe Red Sox, they’re probably the next franchise with fans basically everywhere.
In the Midwest?

I highly doubt people living in La or San Fran have an interest in visiting Dyersville Iowa. Plus I believe this year only Iowa residents were allowed to buy tickets.
Which helps with White Sox (and Cubs) fans.

I don’t blame MLB for milking this for all that it’s worth, but there will surely be diminished interest with each year.

White Sox
Cubs
Royals
Cards
Twins
Brewers

They could rotate 6 teams through there on a regular basis.

Royals-Astros
Cards-Dodgers

Possibilities are endless.

White Sox
Cubs
Royals
Cards
Twins
Brewers

They could rotate 6 teams through there on a regular basis.

Royals-Astros
Cards-Dodgers

Possibilities are endless.
No they are not. :)

John W. Henry, Sam Kennedy Chaim Bloom failed the team.
Alex Cora has mismanaged several moments.
This team didn’t address its pitching staff or first base at the deadline.
Their were moves to make.
CJ Cron is a first base move that would have cost little.
Danny Duffy or Jon Lester were upgrades to the rotation.
They Didn’t even have to trade their elite prospects to get guys like I said.

Henry just looks at the team as a cash cow.
Sam Kennedy is one of the biggest pukes in baseball management. Bloom needs to realize this isn’t Tampa Bay. You can trade prospects and spend money in the off-season be like the Dodgers. Bloom lost a lot of goodwill with this meltdown.

Sam Kennedy is one of the biggest pukes in baseball management. Bloom needs to realize this isn’t Tampa Bay. You can trade prospects and spend money in the off-season be like the Dodgers. Bloom lost a lot of goodwill with this meltdown.
I generally agree with your criticism of the Red Sox not doing enough at the deadline - no doubt. The inability to land Rizzo killed them. The failure to address the pitching was in the bullpen. The starters _Eovaldi, Sale, ERod, Houck and Pivetta - are a decent group and have done reasonably well. The bullpen has an ERA like 8+ in the last 20 games. They probably could have landed a 4th or 5th starter but not Jon Lester. He is completely shot and his stats are horrific. He has a quality start about once a month. He'd get mauled in the AL East.

SF Giants just win every game. It’s incredible. Dodgers are playing well and losing ground. 70-46...and we’re 5 games out!!

Gonna win 100 games and be in a stupid one and done wild card game.
3 out

3 out

Yup. Hopefully the Giants can slip up a bit. Mets came through with a big win for us there.

It stinks we only play them one more time, but that early September series looms very large. I think that goes to show that the schedule makers weren’t expecting them to be good either. They’ve got us playing the Padres 3 more times, because they expected that to be the NL West race. IMO.

Yup. Hopefully the Giants can slip up a bit. Mets came through with a big win for us there.

It stinks we only play them one more time, but that early September series looms very large. I think that goes to show that the schedule makers weren’t expecting them to be good either. They’ve got us playing the Padres 3 more times, because they expected that to be the NL West race. IMO.
You should be thankful for that. The Padres are taking on water and your boys should be able to do damage against them. I fully expect Cinci to pass SD in the wildcard hunt.

There isn't
a starter on the team's rotation right now that I would rather pitch Lester or Duffy for. Quite frankly, it's not close. The Sox needed help at first and another set up guy or two. The schedule is promising for the Sox. I sure wouldn't count them out just yet.

A Journey Through the History of MLB Mascots

DXK_1mpVoAA6Ri2

Walker Buehler for Cy Young. Max Muncy for MVP.

Dont @ me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom