2021 MLB Season | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

I know they are the marathon colors but these reverse UCLA jerseys the Red Sox wear aren’t good.
If the blue was the dominant color over the yellow I would like them.
I don't like them either but I believe the players really like them and want to keep wearing them. if they keep winning, I don't care what they wear. If the Jays lose today, and they are losing badly right now, and the Sox win tonight, I don't see any way they don't get a spot. They could get swept by the yanks and the Jays could win three this weekend and the two would still play each other next week while the Sox are playing the O's. Last I checked, someone has to lose between the jays and the Yanks when they play next week.

Stealing. That’s BS. They need to lump Keirmaier up.

Jays down 7-1 in the 8th inning.
They just plunked Keirmaier in the middle of the back.

Would be BS if the Rays retaliated. Accept your punishment.

Jays down 7-1 in the 8th inning.
They just plunked Keirmaier in the middle of the back.

Would be BS if the Rays retaliated. Accept your punishment.
I don't have a problem with what he did. I have a problem with the Rays not turning it over immediately when the Jays asked for it.

I don't have a problem with what he did. I have a problem with the Rays not turning it over immediately when the Jays asked for it.

Generally agree.

The Rays didn't retaliate..
They probably realized this as the price of keeping the data.

Of course, it’s not really a personal freedom issue.
Some controversy in the Toronto - Tampa Bay series.

Last night there was a play at home plate and a "Pitching Data Card" fell out of the Jays catcher wrist band and it was picked up by the Tampa runner (Kevin Keirmaier). The Rays and Keirmaier then refused to return it.

Is it cheating or stealing -- not really. But is it professional not to return it?

I would think the Jays will not retaliate tonight given the importance of the game... but who knows if the game gets out of hand.

IDK. Back in the day, if a QB dropped the wrist band with the plays, would the defense be expected to give it back.

IDK. Back in the day, if a QB dropped the wrist band with the plays, would the defense be expected to give it back.
Someone wanted to reply and thought better of it, LOL.

True but it's a different sport.

Baseball has always been the most petty of all the sports (by far) in terms of what is accepted and what is frowned upon. So you have to judge things by those petty standards.

True but it's a different sport.

Baseball has always been the most petty of all the sports (by far) in terms of what is accepted and what is frowned upon. So you have to judge things by those petty standards.
Speaking of petty...

Freakin Coors got to Buehler and Scherzer. I hate that place so much. The Rockies should be forced to move.

Every time the Mets play at Boston they bring a ton of fans.
It’s weird.
I have no problems with the Mets organization. It seems like their fans like coming to Fenway.
The 7th Line travels in big numbers to any city in the Northeast. It is what we Met fans do…..

Freakin Coors got to Buehler and Scherzer. I hate that place so much. The Rockies should be forced to move.
Man, you complain more than our LAX team in the mid-90s. If your squad is entitled to wins, then just win, baby.

They actually won today, and I’m still bitching!

98-55 and still being in second is stressing me out.
The wild card game is gonna be fun.

Just imagine, Waino as the starter and Flaherty coming on in relief.

IMAGINE SCHERZER ON THE HILL WITH BUEHLER, KERSHAW, URIAS, AND JANSEN IN RELIEF!!!

Gonna bean that jerk Molina 4 times, and otherwise combine for a no hitter! With Pujols hitting a pinch hit dinger!!!

IMAGINE SCHERZER ON THE HILL WITH BUEHLER, KERSHAW, URIAS, AND JANSEN IN RELIEF!!!

Gonna bean that jerk Molina 4 times, and otherwise combine for a no hitter! With Pujols hitting a pinch hit dinger!!!
I’m sure the Giants would love that.

I have been pondering potentially going to the Jays game next week against the Yankees. Want to go, but on the other hand circumstances dictate that I need to spend some time with my parents fairly regularly so I am cautious and not sure if it is wise.

The Jays are doing their part to relieve any stress however. They could be all but out of it by next week given how crappy they have played the last handful of days. Down 3-0 tonight against the freaking twins.

Last edited:

I can't believe how long this "plan" has existed. It seemed so implausible and crazy since it started a few years back and you figured it would quickly go away and it was just a questionable leverage play. And here we are a few years later and the "plan" ihas not disappeared. Is it beyond just a leverage play at this point? I don't know what to believe, but I certainly won't get my hopes up for this.

That being said I will cheer for Tampa as long as they are not playing Toronto... even with that clown Kevin Keirmaier on the team.

I can't believe how long this "plan" has existed. It seemed so implausible and crazy since it started a few years back and you figured it would quickly go away and it was just a questionable leverage play. And here we are a few years later and the "plan" ihas not disappeared. Is it beyond just a leverage play at this point? I don't know what to believe, but I certainly won't get my hopes up for this.

That being said I will cheer for Tampa as long as they are not playing Toronto... even with that clown Kevin Keirmaier on the team.
You put the Rays in Montreal you would get fan support.
Rivalry with Toronto for Canada.
Road fans from Boston and New York.

Rays get little support in Tampa.

I wish they’d just move to Montreal. The two cities thing is weird.

M's down 14-1! Need some base runners quick. ;)
Well, if we win tomorrow, we'll be down 2 with 5 left!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom