2021 MLB Season | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Blue Jays pitching doesn’t scare me after Ryu. I don’t trust Robbie Ray.

Their lineup top 6 is insane.

I would trust Robbie Ray this year. He has his mechanics figured out and is remarkably consistent start after start.

I would not trust Robbie Ray after this year. Somebody is going to take a huge risk on him when he hits the market as potentially a Cy Young winner. I don't trust his mechanics year after year after long layoffs.

At the time that was happening I thought Montoyo should have went to the ump complained and then taken a few steps towards the Orioles dugout. It would have possibly created one of those fake bravado both teams step out of the dugout moments. You can't have a manager harass and bother your pitchers.

But in retrospect I think he did the right thing by not doing anything. There is no point in escalating tension and riling up an Orioles team that has nothing to play for -- or worse getting in a beanball war with a team that has nothing to play for.

I hear the Jays get a special exemption into the playoffs if they finish with a positive triple digit run differential. :)

You can whine about run differential all you want but it is a good predictor of future performance... of course it is still not a guarantee of anything.

Like July 2015 when the Jays had a middling record despite having a huge run differential they made some moves this year at the deadline and eventually the season turned around. In both cases it turned around fairly quickly to get them back in the race.

It also helps down the stretch that they are starting to get some stability in their bullpen after a few acquisitions (Cimber, Richards) are paying off and some returns from injuries of strong arms (Pearson, Merryweather). That being said Pearson and Merryweather have had some up and downs in their first week back... if those two stabilize it will be very big for the team.

Last edited:
Jays had no hits and no runs through 6 innings last night.
They then scored 11 runs in the seventh inning. (the final inning as it was a DH).

They have now scored 5 runs in the first inning today.

Stating the obvious - Orioles are bad.

Last edited:
Jays had no hits and no runs through 6 innings last night.
They then scored 11 runs in the seventh inning. (the final inning as it was a DH).

They have now scored 5 runs in the first inning today.
Jays are going to make the playoffs unless the Rays play hard to beat them so they don’t have to face them.

Boston has to win their series in Seattle or I don’t like their chances.

9 games with Orioles and Nationals are their only saving grace.
Jays have a lot of games with Twins which will help them.

Jays are going to make the playoffs unless the Rays play hard to beat them so they don’t have to face them.

Boston has to win their series in Seattle or I don’t like their chances.

9 games with Orioles and Nationals are their only saving grace.
Jays have a lot of games with Twins which will help them.

The Jays are very well positioned. That being said there play in the last 3-4 weeks has been very odd - they struggled a lot vs Washington and Detroit, but have now ramped it up against Oakland and New York.

The Jays have now scored 27 runs in their last 4 innings. (16 so far today in 3 innings).

Perhaps the Orioles manager should not have sht talked Ray in game 1.

Milwaukee had a no hitter last night.
They have a no hitter going through 5 innings today.
Amazing.

Reminds me of a weekend in LA in July 1991 (Montreal vs LA).

On the Friday Night, Expos pitcher Mark Gardner had a no hitter through nine innings, but lost the no hitter in the 10th inning.

On Sunday, Dennis Martinez threw a perfect game for the Expos.

You can whine about run differential all you want but it is a good predictor of future performance... of course it is still not a guarantee of anything.

Like July 2015 when the Jays had a middling record despite having a huge run differential they made some moves this year at the deadline and eventually the season turned around. In both cases it turned around fairly quickly to get them back in the race.

It also helps down the stretch that they are starting to get some stability in their bullpen after a few acquisitions (Cimber, Richards) are paying off and some returns from injuries of strong arms (Pearson, Merryweather). That being said Pearson and Merryweather have had some up and downs in their first week back... if those two stabilize it will be very big for the team.
Whine? Seriously? lol. You need to obtain a sense of humor. I was just busting OrangeDW's chops.

Whine? Seriously? lol. You need to obtain a sense of humor. I was just busting OrangeDW's chops.
Fair enough. My bad.

Last edited:
The NL playoffs...I just want W’s and I don’t care who they come against.

But the AL I can relax and just enjoy as a fan. Rooting for a playoff field of: Tampa, White Sox, Astros, Blue Jays, Yankees. That field has high entertainment value for the casual fan. Would love to see the Jays and White Sox make deep runs. Fun teams.

I was looking up the highest WAR's of all time today (Per Baseball Reference) and as they are talking to Dwight Gooden tonight I will bring this up.

In his 1985 season Gooden had a ridiculous WAR of 13.3!
It was the highest WAR of all time since 1923.

have to say, today was a good day for the Red Sox. They lost but they killed off 3 of their toughest games left and today, the A's, the Mariners and the Yanks all lost. The Yanks should have a good week with the twins, who never beat the Yanks in NY and then Balt. The jays have the Rays so at least someone who can give them a game.

You don’t say...

You Dont Say Nicholas Cage GIF

I just looked at the Orioles schedule yes the Orioles.
One factor for this right race. John Means the Orioles only above average starter is scheduled to start against the Yankees twice and if he wanted to pitch his spot would come up the last day of the season against the Blue Jays while he would miss the Red Sox both series.

That means Boston has no business not winning a minimum of 5 of the 6 games with Baltimore they have left.

Red Sox season comes down to today IMO. They can’t lose this game to Seattle.
They win they get Baltimore over the weekend.
Have a series with Yankees at Fenway, 2 with the Mets who scare me, and 6 with O’s/Nats.

Beat Seattle I bet they make the playoffs as the Jays-Yankees have a 3 game series left.

I just looked at the Orioles schedule yes the Orioles.
One factor for this right race. John Means the Orioles only above average starter is scheduled to start against the Yankees twice and if he wanted to pitch his spot would come up the last day of the season against the Blue Jays while he would miss the Red Sox both series.

That means Boston has no business not winning a minimum of 5 of the 6 games with Baltimore they have left.

Red Sox season comes down to today IMO. They can’t lose this game to Seattle.
They win they get Baltimore over the weekend.
Have a series with Yankees at Fenway, 2 with the Mets who scare me, and 6 with O’s/Nats.

Beat Seattle I bet they make the playoffs as the Jays-Yankees have a 3 game series left.
It's weird that the Jays and Twinkies still have seven games left. You would expect Toronto to play favorable along with the Sox winning vs Baltimore. Makes it harder for the Yankees. But we will see how it shakes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom