2021 MLB Season | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

who do you root for? If the Red Sox don't make it, it won't be because of the O's or not making a deal at the deadline. It will be because the team didn't protect themselves against a virus. They got what they deserve. If I was a vaccinated player on that team, I would be furious with my ignorant teammates.
Yankees. I’ll take the postseason berth any way I can get. Those unvaccinated chumps can die for all I care.

Yankees. I’ll take the postseason berth any way I can get. Those unvaccinated chumps can die for all I care.
That is a childish statement. I would expect better from an adult. It's a baseball game. Should a Red Sox fan have felt the same way when Munson crashed?

Tonight couldn't have gone better for my Mariners. Was at the game with great seats behind the plate, but high enough for good sightlines. Crowd was super excited score board watching the first couple innings, and we got another come from behind win! 11 straight victories vs the A's.
Half game up on the Jays. Half game behind Boston.

Run differential update.
Jays (+167)
Sox (+72)
Yanks (+49)
M's (-50)
Looks like the naysayers on this particular statistic may be gloating right now.

Last edited:
Tonight couldn't have gone better for my Mariners. Was at the game with great seats behind the plate, but high enough for good sightlines. Crowd was super excited score board watching the first couple innings, and we got another come from behind win! 11 straight victories vs the A's.
Half game up on the Jays. Half game behind Boston.

Run differential update.
Jays (+167)
Sox (+72)
Yanks (+49)
M's (-50)
Looks like the naysayers on this particular statistic may be gloating right now.
The Braves are my main team but I follow Oakland in the AL. The Mariners have single-handedly killed their playoff chances. It's just unreal.

My hand on the bible...the sox leading 5-0 and the yanks are tied with the jays 5-5. I don't know who to root for in the yankee game. Sports are great. frustrating as all hell but still great.

My hand on the bible...the sox leading 5-0 and the yanks are tied with the jays 5-5. I don't know who to root for in the yankee game. Sports are great. frustrating as all hell but still great.
Blue Jays.
As Toronto isn’t even the closest team behind the Red Sox it’s seattle.

Blue Jays have to win this game and tomorrow or then it’s seattle vs. Boston.

Bichette just happened. Jay's up 1

The Olympic stadium can be renovated, but it will never be meaningful enough to get to MLB standards long term.

The biggest problem with the stadium is how large it is, and you can't really adjust its structure because of the idiotic architect who insisted on the "Fingers" structure of the stadium which he was unwilling to bend from.

That fingers structure pushes all the seats back is the problem. In 2014, I went to the first preseason game back in Montreal that drew about 50K. It was a hot ticket, I decided to go to late and I had about the 40,000th best seat in the place. When you are in the upper deck down the 3rd base line you are well over 100 feet away from the field.

I would compare the experience to having the 30,000th best seat at the Carrier Dome. The sight lines are not friendly. But you can't do much about it.

The seating is decent enough right behind the plate (upper and lower) and in the lower section between first base and third base. But it gets bad very quickly after that. That being said you put 40,000 fans in the Owe and its louder then most stadiums and certainly the Skydome. Montreal fans across anything are loud -- be it hockey, baseball (heck some wrestling fans may remember the ovations they gave to Hogan in the early 2000's).

So now I will reminisce

The loudest sporting event I ever went to was mid September 1993, a Friday night against the Phillies when Montreal was pressing for the playoffs. When Curtis Pride, a deaf player making his debut in the Owe, hit a pinch hit double to tie the game the ovation for several minutes was unreal. The place felt like it was shaking... actually I am sure it was shaking for a few reasons.

The Expos would also get huge crowds for Opening night as their small remaining fanbase would see this as an annual gathering. The 2000 Home Opener also had one of the loudest moments I had ever experienced. Tim Raines was making his comeback with the Expos and the Expos fans were loud in his first at bat. Glendon Rusch was pitching for the Mets and was clearly flustered by the noise. The fans could sense this and after the count started at 1-0, the crowd got louder and louder. It was the largest continued ovation ever for a 4 pitch walk.

I was lucky enough to go to the 1993 Curtis Pride Game, the 1994 Cliff Floyd Homer against Maddux game, and the 2000 Tim Raines Walk. Unfortunately Expos fans never got a playoff stage after 1981, and don't have a Joe Carter moment. And those moments are more of our own, and not huge in MLB History. But for us, especially the ones that stuck to the end they are very special.
I used to go with my family to watch the Dodgers play the Expos every summer. I remember an Expos late inning comeback to win the game and the place was insanely loud with maybe 15-20,000 there. Definitely a loud building and the fans that were there were always enthusiastic. I always had fun there.

So if Toronto wins tonight and tomorrow and wins out.

Boston goes 4-1 to end the year.
New York goes 2-1 at Tampa.
Seattle wins out.

4 way tie for the wild card.

So if Toronto wins tonight and tomorrow and wins out.

Boston goes 4-1 to end the year.
New York goes 2-1 at Tampa.
Seattle wins out.

4 way tie for the wild card.
Oddly, not that it will really matter, the Sox have the tie breaker against all three

If their is a 3 way tie Boston will be team A no matter.

If there is a 4 way tie.
Boston would play Seattle at home and New York-Toronto would play the other game and whomever wins tomorrow would be get HFA.

Tie gives you HFA in a tiebreaker game.
I would love to see a 4 way tie.
I'm not sure Boston wouldn't be better off with a 4 way tie than a 3 way tie

Screenshot_20210929-222959.png

Giggity!

I'm not sure Boston wouldn't be better off with a 4 way tie than a 3 way tie
3 way tie gives them 2 cracks at the apple.
4 way tie only 1.

StatsCentre (@StatsCentre) Tweeted:
Hitting a 3-run shot in the 3rd inning tonight, Ryan Mountcastle has given the @Orioles a 3-1 lead vs the Red Sox. With it, he also ties Jose Canseco (1986) for 4th in single season home runs by an American League rookie younger than 25 (tied for 9th among AL rookies of all ages) https://t.co/OWAktDVdr4

Tatis just hit like a 500 footer out of Dodger Stadium. Still dancing at 3rd. The other moron still putting on the home run chain. Padres are a treat.

There will be a lot of romanticizing about the Rays in the upcoming weeks, but they hit home runs and strike out as much as the Yankees.

Painful loss for the M's. Wasted a leadoff triple in the 7th. Oof.
Sox control their own destiny.

Unless the Yankees cheat at home I actually think Fenway is better for their RH power than Yankee stadium.
I wasn’t accusing of them of cheating either just stating it as a joke.

I think we are headed for the Yankees winning Wild card-1 and 3 way tie for second wild card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom