2021 MLB Season | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Vasgersian seemed heartbroken on that ground rule double. Umpire's discretion, lol. Can anybody remember when an umpire gave the extra base on a ground rule double?

Can anybody remember a ground rule double that went off a fielder? I think it was pretty fair for them to at least think discration was a possibility once we knew contact had happened.

But as noted in my post above he was bringing up discretion when we thought it was a "clean" ground rule double -- which is silly.

FBYYtFxWUAEgxmm

Quit crying Matt. The Sox hit a 2 run HR. Tampa loses anyway.

At least the 2nd big hit for Vazquez in a week I think. He had at least big one against Washington when I wanted them to lose.

Was cheering for the Montreal Rays today as well, but not overly passionate about it either way.

FBYYtFxWUAEgxmm

Quit crying Matt. The Sox hit a 2 run HR. Tampa loses anyway.
I was just going to post that I feel worst for Matt. I hope to never hear this guy again after this series.

I am watching on the MLB network. Not sure when it became a part of my cable package again, but I noticed it was back in today.

Matt V was right to bring up that it was a lucky break, but a little too much whine with it no doubt. The rule is the rule. (although I did not know what the rule was if it hit the fielder)

I did it find it more interesting though that he brought up discretion to allow the baserunner to advance 3 bases, before we even knew it hit the Sox fielder. I have seen over a 100 ground rule doubles in my life (in part because of the Expos bouncy turf) and not once did I ever see an umpire grant the baserunner 3 bases.

Hitting the fielder and bringing up "3 bases" at least makes sense because it is something very unusual. But he was bringing up 3 bases (when we thought it had nothing to do with the fielder) which was absurd.

Still showing the play -- if it had happened in the 12th inning and the Rays lost in the 13th inning, I can see making a big deal / controversy out of it and why Rays fans could be upset about the rule.

But the fact that the played happened in the 13th, and Boston scored two in the bottom of the 13th essentially 100% negates the impact of the "lucky break" or ruling. Its a nothing.

I am watching on the MLB network. Not sure when it became a part of my cable package again, but I noticed it was back in today.

Matt V was right to bring up that it was a lucky break, but a little too much whine with it no doubt. The rule is the rule. (although I did not know what the rule was if it hit the fielder)

I did it find it more interesting though that he brought up discretion to allow the baserunner to advance 3 bases, before we even knew it hit the Sox fielder. I have seen over a 100 ground rule doubles in my life (in part because of the Expos bouncy turf) and not once did I ever see an umpire grant the baserunner 3 bases.

Hitting the fielder and bringing up "3 bases" at least makes sense because it is something very unusual. But he was bringing up 3 bases (when we thought it had nothing to do with the fielder) which was absurd.
To listen to Matty V you'd think awarding the extra base was a common occurrence.

In other news, at 65, I will be the oldest starting pitcher in post season history. I hope I can give the Sox an inning or two.

Are you the Spaceman Bill Lee?

He is still once a week regular on Montreal Sports Radio (TSN 690). He is pitching next week in US Over 70 National Championships.

In other news, at 65, I will be the oldest starting pitcher in post season history. I hope I can give the Sox an inning or two.
Gotta be Sale tomorrow, no?

They should still change the rule.
But it will likely never ever happen again in a playoff game for all of our lifetimes.

E-Rod should start.
He didn’t throw a lot of pitches game 1.
Hope to get 3 innings out of him.
Patch the last 6 innings together.

Save Houck for a potential game 5.

this reminds me a bit of the 6 ot game. the funny thing is, the Sox have 3 pitchers that they have used in the rotation this year and they are sort of fresh but they are scared to death to pitch them. Sale, as all TJ guys experience, has a dead arm. Perez and E-rod, I would go with me.

Can anybody remember a ground rule double that went off a fielder? I think it was pretty fair for them to at least think discration was a possibility once we knew contact had happened.

But as noted in my post above he was bringing up discretion when we thought it was a "clean" ground rule double -- which is silly.
I've seen balls go off a fielder and out of play several times. But the way that ball caromed off Renfrow was odd but the rule is the rule. The discretion part is never invoked so they just ought to throw that part out. I'm sure we've all seen ground rule doubles that would have scored a guy from first at least 100 times. But the guy ends up on 3rd.

They should still change the rule.
But it will likely never ever happen again in a playoff game for all of our lifetimes.
Fenway is the lowest fence from right field to the Pesky pole.
That doesn’t happen in many ballparks.

Gotta be Sale tomorrow, no?
No. I think it will be E-rod. He has pitched good every other start, he is due t=for a decent start. And the Rays have the same problem.

I've seen balls go off a fielder and out of play several times. But the way that ball caromed off Renfrow was odd but the rule is the rule. The discretion part is never invoked so they just ought to throw that part out. I'm sure we've all seen ground rule doubles that would have scored a guy from first at least 100 times. But the guy ends up on 3rd.
I’m so sick of people incorrectly saying ground rule double. It’s an automatic double

Such a cute little quirky ballpark
sick cringe GIF
Bitter much? First you want to hit Devers, good luck with that, and now the ball park?? It is a great place to watch a game.

You'll be the opener. I'll do my Houck imitation after you depart.

Bitter much? First you want to hit Devers, good luck with that, and now the ball park?? It is a great place to watch a game.
I don’t want to hit him. I’ve never hit someone in my life dash.

You'll be the opener. I'll do my Houck imitation after you depart.
No offense but I'm pretty sure you don't have Houck's stuff. Davis, yes. Houck, no.

I don’t want to hit him. I’ve never hit someone in my life dash. I’m hoping someone else does. And soon.
Nope. I have talked to Joe Rogan. once the season is over, you and Devers in the cage. I have confidence in you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom