2021 MLB Season | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Matt Vasgerian is the worst.
This ahole can’t get stop overblowing everything against Boston.
Then underplaying the Boston stuff.
Also that was so dumb to pitch to Azonarena.

How did Azorazena not get awarded 3rd base on that? It was intereference. While it was not a guarantee he makes it to third, he could have, and I would have thought in that case judgment would go to the party that was interfered.

I suppose if this next batter gets out / gets a hit it likely makes no difference. But it does allow the Boston pitcher to get more aggressive with pitches in the dirt.

EDIT -- in the end it made no difference, but still odd call in my view.

Matt Vasgerian is the worst.
This ahole can’t get stop overblowing everything against Boston.
Then underplaying the Boston stuff.
Also that was so dumb to pitch to Azonarena.
Not for nothing but against the guys that were coming up, I would have brought Whitlock in. He is the best guy the Sox have. and those were the toughest outs. Let Robles have the 9th against the lower part of the order.

Not for nothing but against the guys that were coming up, I would have brought Whitlock in. He is the best guy the Sox have. and those were the toughest outs. Let Robles have the 9th against the lower part of the order.
Yeah I agree and Vasgerian is ruining this game I have the USA soccer match on audio now so I don’t have to listen to him and can just watch it.

Schwarber walkoff coming.

Yeah I agree and Vasgerian is ruining this game I have the USA soccer match on audio now so I don’t have to listen to him and can just watch it.

Schwarber walkoff coming.
Whitlock pitches the 10th if it comes to that, right?

Whitlock pitches the 10th if it comes to that, right?
He better
How dumb is Cora for pitch running our 2nd best hitter for a minor upgrade at speed.
So dumb.

I think he's safe. His foot was never that far off.

They finally showed a decisive angle as they went to commercial. He was clearly out a bit earlier in the sequence, but they were not focusing on that down the line view.

I think he's safe. His foot was never that far off.
No clear shot to overturn that.
But the PBP who sucks thinks he was safe.
The air conditioner drone color guy has nothing of substance to add either.

No clear shot to overturn that.
But the PBP who sucks thinks he was safe.
The air conditioner drone color guy has nothing of substance to add either.

There was two instances in that sequence where he could have been out on the play. The one they showed the most (the contact as his foot was barely scraping the bag) was pretty clear that he was not out there.

The problem was they only focused on that aspect of the sequence. When his hand came off earlier (and his foot had not yet reached the bag) the Boston fielder also touched his foot. He was out. They waited until the lead in to the commercial after the out had been confirmed to finally show that part of the sequence. Would have been nice to see that one earlier.

#1. What the hell is Randy Az doing?
#2. How did Boston not convert that out.?

Two big blunders that essentially cancel out as if nothing happened.

I don’t think I have ever hated an announcer more than Vasgerian.
He was literally begging Keirmeier to hit it the other way.
He was going nuts when he thought the Sox didn’t have 3rd covered.
I really can’t stand this clown.

#1. What the hell is Randy Az doing?
#2. How did Boston not convert that out.?

Two big blunders that essentially cancel out as if nothing happened.
He didn’t get to far away off 2nd.
Once the ball was thrown to 3rd he had enough time to get back.
He was stupid though.

Vasgerian thought he was doing the right thing.

He didn’t get to far away off 2nd.
Once the ball was thrown to 3rd he had enough time to get back.
He was stupid though.

Vasgerian thought he was doing the right thing.

Which is why the Boston shortstop (or 2B) should not have thrown to third immediately That was the mistake.

In that situation where the runner is midway you are taught to chase the runner a few steps to force him to go to third, or catch him once he back tracks.

It hit the Red Sox fielder? Is it automatically a ground rule double then?

I think it becomes discretion at that point rather than automatic 2 bases? But don't know.

It hit the Red Sox fielder? Is it automatically a ground rule double then?

I think it becomes discretion at that point rather than automatic 2 bases? But don't know.
Are you getting the MLBN feed?
Vasgerian is crying and so upset.
It’s amazing.
I don’t that rule should last but that is the rule.

Vasgersian seemed heartbroken on that ground rule double. Umpire's discretion, lol. Can anybody remember when an umpire gave the extra base on a ground rule double?

What a crazy rule. I guess you teach your fielders to chest bump balls over the wall now. Freak play I know, but should definitely be umpires discretion as to where to place the runners.

Are you getting the MLBN feed?
Vasgerian is crying and so upset.
It’s amazing.
I don’t that rule should last but that is the rule.

I am watching on the MLB network. Not sure when it became a part of my cable package again, but I noticed it was back in today.

Matt V was right to bring up that it was a lucky break, but a little too much whine with it no doubt. The rule is the rule. (although I did not know what the rule was if it hit the fielder)

I did it find it more interesting though that he brought up discretion to allow the baserunner to advance 3 bases, before we even knew it hit the Sox fielder. I have seen over a 100 ground rule doubles in my life (in part because of the Expos bouncy turf) and not once did I ever see an umpire grant the baserunner 3 bases.

Hitting the fielder and bringing up "3 bases" at least makes sense because it is something very unusual. But he was bringing up 3 bases (when we thought it had nothing to do with the fielder) which was absurd.

13903895-F46D-4968-AD76-222497977963.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom