2021 MLB Season | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Move this team out of Tampa permanently. The stadium is crap and no one is there anyway. A team like that deserves better.
I couldn't believe 95% of the upper deck was empty when they showed it at the beginning of the game.

Astros, Dodgers, Bosox, ugh. And the Chisox can't even get on TV. I don't care about this year anymore.
noidea.gif

That was a huge missed opportunity for the Braves.

Terrific that Buehler turned into a ham sandwich the last month of the season.
What is wrong with him lately? Guy has been a model of consistency in his career and a great playoff pitcher.

Lots of hard hit balls that first inning. I’m worried.

What is wrong with him lately? Guy has been a model of consistency in his career and a great playoff pitcher.

Lots of hard hit balls that first inning. I’m worried.
He’s a mess

This fake Marlins man behind home plate for LA-SF is weird.

Also Sox bats decided they wanted to make a series with the Rays.

Thanks for nothing Chris Sale.
Tanner Houck bailed your ass out.

John Smoltz’s commentary is like the drone of an air conditioner.
No doubt but he's electrifying compared to that old curmudgeon, Buck Showalter on MLBN. Why people think he's some sort of baseball sage as a manager or broadcaster has always escaped me.

No doubt but he's electrifying compared to that old curmudgeon, Buck Showalter on MLBN. Why people think he's some sort of baseball sage as a manager or broadcaster has always escaped me.
Well, every team he has left has done extremely well right after. Except the O's of course.

Last edited:
Nice RBI by Julio Urias. Nothing wrong with pitchers hitting.

Also Angel Hernandez’s strike zone is ridiculous.
59 official at bats and 22k's And a .203 batting average.

Yup. Now do Bellinger

NL is baseball. AL is a bastardized version of baseball. I also enjoy sacrifice bunts. A lot.
Yup. Baseball needs more bunting. More small ball. More strategy. That’s part of what makes the game great.

I will say that I was a little on edge at the time about pinch hitting for Urias after 5. We had a big inning already and were up 6-1. We didn’t really need to pinch hit and try to get more runs. He would’ve been good for another inning.

But the bullpen was fine, and we pushed a few more runs across later to really make a blowout. So it’s not even a decision anyone will ever talk about.

If the pen came in and blew the game, when Urias had at least another inning or two in the tank? Roberts would be getting crushed.

So many more decisions for an NL manager to make. So much more strategy involved. AL managers don’t have to do squat, really.

Yup. Now do Bellinger

NL is baseball. AL is a bastardized version of baseball. I also enjoy sacrifice bunts. A lot.
I just wish they made QB's punt in football. Why bring in a pro to do it? After all, the QB is out there for the other three downs. J/K Enjoy baseball any way you want. I hate the pitcher hitting. I find it a bore. I was a fan long before the D.H. and it has made the game more enjoyable for me. They just aren't professional at that aspect of the game.

I just wish they made QB's punt in football. Why bring in a pro to do it? After all, the QB is out there for the other three downs. J/K Enjoy baseball any way you want. I hate the pitcher hitting. I find it a bore. I was a fan long before the D.H. and it has made the game more enjoyable for me. They just aren't professional at that aspect of the game.
Yup. I also completely understand why people would see it the other way too.

2021 baseball teams executing bullpen games in game 3 of a best of 5 series.

It’s weird. I get taking a SP after going thru a lineup one or two times.
By just going inning by inning is new baseball.
Also Kevin Cash is a friggin human rain delay.
Move slower slug.

Cora..bring in a guy that can't get righties out. Must have surprised Cora when they pinch hit for Wendle. What a dope.

Cora..bring in a guy that can't get righties out. Must have surprised Cora when they pinch hit for Wendle. What a dope.
I threw my drink at the wall.
It was dumb.
Davis is one of the worst relievers we have besides Perez and Barnes.
He brings him in knowing he has to face 3 guys if they don’t get out of inning and the best part of the Rays lineup coming up.
It was son obvious Wendle would be pinch hit for.
Like so dumb and lucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom