2021 MLB Season | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Mookie with the diving catch to end the game! Amazing!

edited to get a real professional call of the play in there. Those Padres scrubs were terrible on the call, lol.

Funny thing is right before the pitch Hershiser was talking about how if it’s a 50-50 chance of making the catch as an outfielder, you’ve gotta lay out for it and try to end the game in this situation.

Last edited:
Mookie with the diving catch to end the game! Amazing!

edited to get a real professional call of the play in there. Those Padres scrubs were terrible on the call, lol.

Funny thing is right before the pitch Hershiser was talking about how if it’s a 50-50 chance of making the catch as an outfielder, you’ve gotta lay out for it and try to end the game in this situation.
He looks as if he's having a massive heart attack in the still frame of the video.

1618747913724.png

That's true. I'm not the biggest fan I feel that I'm missing too much.
Baseball fandom is a different kind of engagement. With Syracuse football and basketball, there are one or two games each week. One's world can stop while these games are happening. One can devote two-three hours of undivided attention. Baseball is on almost every day for six months. Life is happening while the games are going-on. Baseball becomes part of that life. Our attention is taken away, but when he hop in the car, the game is on the radio. The game plays on the radio while we do yard work. When we return to the living room, the game is on television. What we miss, we can pick up quickly in a box score or gameday feed. We can watch highlights of the scoring plays. Within a minute, we are re-engaged and have a full-sense of context.

I probably watch more baseball than an average fan and I still think it's rare that I would see or hear an entire game without missing an at-bat.

I do agree that pace of play remains a problem. The game comes to a screeching halt when a runner gets on base. I'm hopeful that some of the pick-off rules being tested in the minor leagues will help.

I’ll never forgive John Henry for not writing Mookie a blank check.

The only better baseball player I’ve seen in my life is Mike Trout and the Sox traded him like they had the Oakland A’s bankroll lmao
I’m still really really angry that Billionaire Henry traded away the best homegrown talent in years for peanuts just because he didn’t want to pay him.
If you can’t afford the team, then sell.

I’m still really really angry that Billionaire Henry traded away the best homegrown talent in years for peanuts just because he didn’t want to pay him.
If you can’t afford the team, then sell.
But we got Dugie and UCLA jerseys for sale.
So good so good.

America’s favorite ownership group better hope they keep this hot start.

Stephen Strasburg doing what he seems to do best - going to the DL

The two other former members of the Killer B's OF not exactly off to blazing starts so far this season. Both Benintendi and Bradley Jr. scuffling near the mendoza line while each striking out about 1 out of every three ABs so far this season.

I'm sorry but the little that grabs the ball after the miss like he deserved it pisses me off. Dad laid out for his kid then some other kid with another team's had helps himself and walks away.

I'm sorry but the little that grabs the ball after the miss like he deserved it pisses me off. Dad laid out for his kid then some other kid with another team's had helps himself and walks away.
The nachos probably cost more than the ball.

The nachos probably cost more than the ball.

True but the ball is worth a lot more to his kid. Mind you if that was my old man I would walk down there and have a word with the ball thief.. kids nearly the same age.. back then it wouldn't be on social media either. Do that today as even a kid and someone gets sued.

Tatis teed off on those pitches.

The Dodgers...it’s amazing how quickly you can go from being “deep” to having 3-4 automatic outs in the lineup. Holy injuries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom