2021 MLB Season | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

Lots of chatter on Red Sox radio about potential shenanigans in the stands

Love a leadoff walk in a 1 run playoff game. Awesome

Edit: Why are we pitching to Alvarez there? C’mon Cora

Love a leadoff walk in a 1 run playoff game. Awesome

Edit: Why are we pitching to Alvarez there? C’mon Cora
He is not a good in game manager. He is AAAAA+ at handling his team. But running the actual game, not so much.

He is not a good in game manager. He is AAAAA+ at handling his team. But running the actual game, not so much.
The Red Sox overachieved big time this year. He milked every last drop out of your team.

Correa looked clueless his first two at bats, too. Really frustrating. No way this should be a six run game and no way they should have blown it open in the 9th last night.

The Red Sox overachieved big time this year. He milked every last drop out of your team.
Actually, not. That is a narrative other teams fans like to say or the media, the Red Sox have a very good team. If the team would have got the vaccine shots, they would have won a lot more than 92 games. A lot of the same players that won 108 games just 3 years ago. Cora is very good at getting his teams to never quit and keep pushing. But he is not a good in game manager. I watch every game. By the way, it is usually said by fans of other teams that really over rate their own teams.

Brain, let me give you just two examples in the last two games. Last night, 1 run deficit in the 9th inning. There isn't a red sox fan that would have brought Perez in to that game. He was a guy we were terrified to use in the regular season. Today, Pitching to a guy that already had 2 hits with first base open. Once again, someone wants to say that Cora is great because his teams always play hard and never quits, I'm on board. But a good, not even great, bench manager, count me out.

Brain, let me give you just two examples in the last two games. Last night, 1 run deficit in the 9th inning. There isn't a red sox fan that would have brought Perez in to that game. He was a guy we were terrified to use in the regular season. Today, Pitching to a guy that already had 2 hits with first base open. Once again, someone wants to say that Cora is great because his teams always play hard and never quits, I'm on board. But a good, not even great, bench manager, count me out.
He did it in game 1 as well.
No reason to bring Sawamura into a one run game in the bottom of the 8th.
That was a Whitlock spot.
Sawamura gives up a run and the Kike HR in the 9th ties it up.
Instead they lose by 1.

Cora is horrible in game.

Actually, not. That is a narrative other teams fans like to say or the media, the Red Sox have a very good team. If the team would have got the vaccine shots, they would have won a lot more than 92 games. A lot of the same players that won 108 games just 3 years ago. Cora is very good at getting his teams to never quit and keep pushing. But he is not a good in game manager. I watch every game. By the way, it is usually said by fans of other teams that really over rate their own teams.
Im rooting for the Sox but I think your overrating your team a little. You guys are very short in the pitching department. You have had a great year. You beat your hated rivals in the wild card game. You beat the 100 win rays and are 2 wins from the ws. This was supposed to be a bit of a rebuild.

Im rooting for the Sox but I think your overrating your team a little. You guys are very short in the pitching department. You have had a great year. You beat your hated rivals in the wild card game. You beat the 100 win rays and are 2 wins from the ws. This was supposed to be a bit of a rebuild.
That is a fair point. And I am not a bit disappointed no matter what happens. But they didn't win with smoke and mirrors. They are better than you think. They are thin in pitching? Who isn't in the A.L. east. Tampa won with rookies. Never a good recipe for the post season. The Yanks were thin after Cole and they only win half his starts. Toronto was stronger after the trade deadline but they didn't have enough pitching. The Sox had a all star closer and Whitlock who was the difference for the team this year.

He did it in game 1 as well.
No reason to bring Sawamura into a one run game in the bottom of the 8th.
That was a Whitlock spot.
Sawamura gives up a run and the Kike HR in the 9th ties it up.
Instead they lose by 1.

Cora is horrible in game.
I think you have to watch it every game to see it. Good call on Sawamura. I thought the same thing at the time. We have the 9th inning and the top of the order. Once again, a great leader. But in game...think Dino.

Cora knew it was bad juju the second it happened
I think it had more to do with Nate and E-rod not being the starting pitchers. They are still 2-0 in the series. And the Astros will have to beat one of them.

I think it had more to do with Nate and E-rod not being the starting pitchers. They are still 2-0 in the series. And the Astros will have to beat one of them.
The series is obviously going 7. 100%

Roberts sucks. Just keep throwing guys out there.

Lux has zero business being in CF. So dumb.

One thing I would say is the quality of the bullpen is sorta suspect. There aren't a lot of great options in that pen. Many of them are castoffs from other teams. It's not easy to look great with that collection of talent. Whitlock is probably the only guy I'd say is a must have back. That has to be a major priority although fixing a bullpen can be a major challenge.

That’s a huge 2 out hit for Pollock. Can the Dodgers fight back again?

I thought I was going to stop watching baseball after the Yankees lost because I’m a big fat crybaby, but these games are fun. Crowds have been amazing. No one is looking at you Tampa.

One thing I would say is the quality of the bullpen is sorta suspect. There aren't a lot of great options in that pen. Many of them are castoffs from other teams. It's not easy to look great with that collection of talent. Whitlock is probably the only guy I'd say is a must have back. That has to be a major priority although fixing a bullpen can be a major challenge.
Its' what Tampa does every year. Hopefully Bloom learned something while he was there.

The first one, (from page 69 of this thread), sounds like a person whistling and it continues after the home run. The second one sounds like a mechanical whistle and I don't hear it afterwards. They could have had a person do it the first night and gotten the whistle for the second night. And maybe the person decided to disguise it by continuing to whistle after the play.

Or maybe we're just paranoid. it does seem like a too obvious method of conveying the information after having been caught before.

Well...let’s hope this means the bats are locked in now and this continues. Turner finally hitting, Pollock is out of his funk. Pujols had great at bats.

Never mind the platoon stuff. Stick with these bats. Stick with Cody in CF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom