2021 MLB Season | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

I have no rooting interest in the Braves - Dodgers series and I don't really dislike either franchise at this current time (used to dislike the Braves in the 90's)

That being said on the 40th anniversary of Blue Monday I was hoping for a Dodgers loss. But they pulled it out.

I have no rooting interest in the Braves - Dodgers series and I don't really dislike either franchise at this current time (used to dislike the Braves in the 90's)

That being said on the 40th anniversary of Blue Monday I was hoping for a Dodgers loss. But they pulled it out.

I detest the Dodgers. I liked the Koufax-Wills edition but later Tommy Lasorda turned me off to them. I'm hoping Atlanta punts them out. In the ALCS I'm having trouble getting interested. Sox wasted a good start from Pivetta (C). Good thing hockey is on. :)

Last edited:
Removing eovaldi for Perez was a horrible move .. Brantley is having trouble with velo so you take out a guy throwing 98 .. who really should already be out of the inning had the ump not screwed him in the Castro AB

Removing eovaldi for Perez was a horrible move .. Brantley is having trouble with velo so you take out a guy throwing 98 .. who really should already be out of the inning had the ump not screwed him in the Castro AB
he was managing for Friday.

MLB shows no respect for the fans when the allow Laz Diaz to ump a playoff game.

Is it just me or have there been a lot of sketchy plate umpiring jobs this playoff season?

he was managing for Friday.
Me no thinks you should do that in a short series .. you blew Whitlock already . Eovaldi could have gone 1 more hitter

Laz Diaz is regarded as possibly the worst home plate umpire in all of MLB yet he keeps getting postseason and all-star game assignments year after year. Go figure.
Disgraceful. And they wonder why they are losing fans.

It would seem to be it should be just the opposite. Angel lost, Thank God. They should be less afraid of a lawsuit.
Covering their arse in case of future lawsuits.

Angel's one of the only umps out there worse than Diaz. How else would u explain how Diaz keeps getting postseason assignments when he is so poorly thought of throughout MLB?

Red Sox need 4-5 solid innings out of Sale today. Unfortunately it feels like he's likely to be not much more than an opener, one time through the lineup. If that's the case I'd expect Houck to relieve him. Shame they wasted a very solid effort by Pivetta.

Laz Diaz is regarded as possibly the worst home plate umpire in all of MLB yet he keeps getting postseason and all-star game assignments year after year. Go figure.
MLB's methodology for giving post-season assignments has been questioned for years (decades?).

Red Sox need 4-5 solid innings out of Sale today. Unfortunately it feels like he's likely to be not much more than an opener, one time through the lineup. If that's the case I'd expect Houck to relieve him. Shame they wasted a very solid effort by Pivetta.
Sale gets his stuff together today and gives us 5 good innings, Renfroe goes yaya, and the bullpen scares us a bit but Sox hold on.

That's what the nicotine is telling me.

I would be very surprised if Sale was still around in the 5th inning. I would be thrilled if he was still around in the 4th inning. Guys coming back from TJ almost always hit a wall. Sale has hit his.

If Verdugo was behind Martinez he would have bunted.

I really wish that teams would bunt first and second no outs and get the double play out of the equation unless they want to walk the next batter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom