2021 MLB Season | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

2021 MLB Season

I despise Houston (found the city to be a bland, lifeless dump when I was there for the FF in '16) and their sports teams (cheating, douchebaggery, etc.), but Travis Tritt sang the national anthem in Atlanta before Game 6 of the NLCS, so...go Astros.
I’ll give you dump but bland and lifeless ? This is the most diverse city in the entire country with so many ethnic celebrations and one of the best food cities in the nation .. but I will give you dump .. then again I find most US cities dumps … although growing up the only cities we would go to regularly were Toronto and Montreal .. so I was probably a bit spoiled

Those three at bats in the 7th with 2nd and 3rd and nobody out were about as bad a three ABs I’ve ever seen in a big spot . Watch a few more fastballs right down the D
Mookie’s at bat was flat out terrible. He stunk this series.

Mookie’s at bat was flat out terrible. He stunk this series.
I’d rather he swing as hard as he could on the first pitch and look stupid if it were a breaking ball … rather than watch a middle middle fastball go right on by

Well, the trade for Scherzer certainly worked out ... :rolleyes:

nb: I detest the Dodgers so I'm happy for anything to throw in their faces. May I point out that 50% of their outs tonight were K's. :D

nb: I detest the Dodgers so I'm happy for anything to throw in their faces. May I point out that 50% of their outs tonight were K's. :D
They also got Trea turner in the trade , under team control at very reasonable rate . Yeah he sucked in the playoffs but he’s one of the best players in baseball by WAR

They also got Trea turner in the trade , under team control at very reasonable rate . Yeah he sucked in the playoffs but he’s one of the best players in baseball by WAR

I like Turner, liked him a lot better in Washington. He's certainly a very good player regardless of some arbitrary and hypothetical algorithm.

Scherzer went 7-0 with an ERA under 2.00 after the trade...

Pitched the elimination Cardinals game, threw a gem against the Giants, and closed out game 5 out of the pen.

With Kershaw’s injury, they don’t make it to the NLCS without Max.

Last edited:
Those three at bats in the 7th with 2nd and 3rd and nobody out were about as bad a three ABs I’ve ever seen in a big spot . Watch a few more fastballs right down the D
Very 2021 Yankees-esque.

I have been told we will all be dead from the vaccine before any of the prospects even start to perform well in MLB.

So might as well go for it.

I have been told we will all be dead from the vaccine before any of the prospects even start to perform well in MLB.

So might as well go for it.
Dodgers had to go for it.

Some tough decisions to make...Seager is a free agent, but they’ve got Turner for another year and he can go to SS, opening up 2B for Lux.

Taylor is a FA, and he was the best player for a large part of the regular season and in the playoffs.

Kershaw and Scherzer are both FA’s.

As much as it sucks because Kershaw and Seager are career long Dodgers, Kershaw one of the best of all time, and Seager in his prime...if you have to pick 2 of the 4, I think you bring back Taylor and Scherzer.

Hopefully May can return from TJ surgery as strong as Urias did...Urias, Buehler, and May can carry the rotation long term, and Max probably has a couple strong years left.

Bellinger returning to form would be a huge boost. Guy was MVP, but was an automatic out all season...until the playoffs. He might be back.

Thanks for sharing. I’ve been driving all day, so this is the first I’ve heard about it.

Of course, we’ve all learned by now that Dewitt and Mozeliak are the real managers of the team. As long as Marmol follows orders, he could stick around long enough to become the oldest manager in MLB.

Charlie Morton got 3 outs pitching on a broken leg. Love that guy and his toughness. Big loss for the Braves not to have him the rest of the series.

Local kid pitches 5 innings, 76 pitches and zero hits in the World Series with no pitching depth and they pull him. I hate modern baseball.

Pitching is a team sport these days. it's why W-L records have lost their meaning. it's a relic form the 19th century when starting pitchers completed games, (and used strategy to do so). Now every game is really a bullpen game. Pitchers should be evaluated just based on basic things like WHIP, ERA, etc. That and probably the number of innings they pitched for the team.

That's the Travis d'Arnaud the Mets traded Dickey for, (we also got Syndergaard).

Pitching is a team sport these days. it's why W-L records have lost their meaning. it's a relic form the 19th century when starting pitchers completed games, (and used strategy to do so). Now every game is really a bullpen game. Pitchers should be evaluated just based on basic things like WHIP, ERA, etc. That and probably the number of innings they pitched for the team.
Fortunately that worked out for ATL tonight but they have piecemeal next two days. Not a lot of rest. They need every guy to really stand up.

Local kid pitches 5 innings, 76 pitches and zero hits in the World Series with no pitching depth and they pull him. I hate modern baseball.
I do too but that was the least comfortable five hit no hitter I've ever seen. If they were up 2 I think he goes back.1-0 made it the right call in real time for me anyway.
Anderson was tough because he didn't look comfortable all night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom