2021 NFL Thread | Page 195 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Dalton on cheap money and allow you to invest that 20 million on the rest of your roster is something teams should consider.

I don’t see much of a gap between Tannehill and Dalton. Except one costs 34 million next year and the other would cost probably 5-10 million.
No way I do that. I think you'd see a big difference in Tannehill and Dalton next season. How much is Julio getting paid? Gotta be another way

No way I do that. I think you'd see a big difference in Tannehill and Dalton next season. How much is Julio getting paid? Gotta be another way
Dalton has had several opportunities over the last couple of seasons to show what he's got. He's mediocre at best.

Dalton has had several opportunities over the last couple of seasons to show what he's got. He's mediocre at best.
Yeah that's the exact scenario that I was saying, no lateral moves, only upgrades. That one would be a step backwards imo.

Yeah that's the exact scenario that I was saying, no lateral moves, only upgrades. That one would be a step backwards imo.
I didn’t include the Titans with Raiders, Broncos, Steelers for Rodgers.
But if they were able to do what the Texans did in trading Osweiler to the Browns for a 2nd round pick just to clear cap space they could be a spot for Rodgers.

Trade Tannenhill to a team like the Jets with plenty of cap space attach a 2nd round pick.

Then offer Green Bay a 1 and 3 for Rodgers. It would cost your first 3 picks and maybe more but then the Titans could be a player for Rodgers.

If I'm the Titans, I consider Kirk Cousins. New coach in place in Minny. The Vikes would assuredly have to assume a significant part of his guarantee in order to trade him. He's, IMO, a significant upgrade over Tannehill.

If I'm the Titans, I consider Kirk Cousins. New coach in place in Minny. The Vikes would assuredly have to assume a significant part of his guarantee in order to trade him. He's, IMO, a significant upgrade over Tannehill.
I agree that’s he’s better than Tannehill.

Not sure if he’s got enough to lead a team to playoff success though.

Yeah no way do I think Cousins is a significant upgrade. What has he done? He's also had plenty of pieces to get things done and can't. They're both very similar imo.

I agree that’s he’s better than Tannehill.

Not sure if he’s got enough to lead a team to playoff success though.
It's hard to say. Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco each have as many rings as Bret Favre and Aaron Rogers. There's so much more going on in winning a SB than just finding a front line QB to throw money at. For all his greatness, Dan Marino only made it to 1 SB. And I didn't even mention Nick Foles. ;)

I take your point, and agree with it.

However, when Rodgers chose this week to open his yap...
The shots against Rodgers didn't start this week. They have been ongoing for a few months now.

Yeah no way do I think Cousins is a significant upgrade. What has he done? He's also had plenty of pieces to get things done and can't. They're both very similar imo.
Well, Pro Football Focus ranked him as the #4 passer in the NFL this year. And it's not like he needs to carry the team all by himself. It's more like that Hippocratic Oath:

"First, do no harm."

Which is all that I think the Titans need.

Rodgers has made himself a side show circus, going back to the end of last season.

He’s the one going on Joe Rogan and talking all kinds of nonsense that has nothing to do with football, in the middle of the season. That’s not the fans fault. They’re reacting to what he puts out there.
There are people on all sides of the argument that talk all kinds of nonsense. Like the media that ran with the notion that Rogan took a horse de-wormer medication. That was complete BS.

Tannehill will be the starter for 2022 but they have an out in his contract for 2023. Maybe TEN will take a QB and try to groom him to be the starter

I can see the Packers missing the playoffs next year. They have a tough schedule and Rodgers/Adams will be gone

Well, Pro Football Focus ranked him as the #4 passer in the NFL this year. And it's not like he needs to carry the team all by himself. It's more like that Hippocratic Oath:

"First, do no harm."

Which is all that I think the Titans need.
PFF has Cousins at #6 and Tannehill at #7, so...

PFF has Cousins at #6 and Tannehill at #7, so...
4th-ranked passer. I quote:

"Cousins was PFF’s fourth-highest-graded passer in 2021, and there are plenty of QB-needy teams out there, including the aforementioned Steelers, Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, New Orleans Saints and Washington Football Team. That’s before we figure out what will happen with Baker Mayfield and the Cleveland Browns, Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers, Carson Wentz and the Indianapolis Colts, Derek Carr and the Las Vegas Raiders, Daniel Jones and the New York Giants and Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks."

You would know better than I whether he is considered an upgrade. But my lyin' eyes tell me he's a better passer than Tannehill. Safe to say, he's better than Dalton.

Rodgers should be getting crushed for how bad he played. He was worse than Dak was last week, but he hits one or 2 wow throws a game so he gets a pass.
I thought he had a sub par game but he was under fairly severe pressure from the Niners DL most of the night. He's been playing behind a makeshift line missing 2-3 starters most of the year. Bakhtiari is one of the best LT's in the game. That was a big loss for GB. At RT they lost a pro bowler in Jenkins and had Dennis Kelly who used to be a sub with Philly and is your basic journeyman. Kelly's task was blocking Bosa last night. SF has a damn good DL with plenty of depth.

Fans pay too much attention to the skill players. Most games are won or lost in the trenches.

66889A8B-E02B-44F5-8D06-6AED6C67897A_1_201_a.jpeg

4th-ranked passer. I quote:

"Cousins was PFF’s fourth-highest-graded passer in 2021, and there are plenty of QB-needy teams out there, including the aforementioned Steelers, Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, New Orleans Saints and Washington Football Team. That’s before we figure out what will happen with Baker Mayfield and the Cleveland Browns, Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers, Carson Wentz and the Indianapolis Colts, Derek Carr and the Las Vegas Raiders, Daniel Jones and the New York Giants and Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks."

You would know better than I whether he is considered an upgrade. But my lyin' eyes tell me he's a better passer than Tannehill. Safe to say, he's better than Dalton.
He's 100% better than Dalton, I'll give you that

Fans pay too much attention to the skill players. Most games are won or lost in the trenches.
One doesn’t work without the other, you have to have both.

I thought he had a sub par game but he was under fairly severe pressure from the Niners DL most of the night. He's been playing behind a makeshift line missing 2-3 starters most of the year. Bakhtiari is one of the best LT's in the game. That was a big loss for GB. At RT they lost a pro bowler in Jenkins and had Dennis Kelly who used to be a sub with Philly and is your basic journeyman. Kelly's task was blocking Bosa last night. SF has a damn good DL with plenty of depth.

I agree with the trenches point.

For most of the last 10 years the Giants QB is under constant pressure while the opposing QB has all day to throw. That’s why we suck.

When we were winning championships we got after the QB just by rushing 4, and protected our QB.

Bottom line: gotta block and get after the QB.

If you look under 'Pass', Cousins ranks 4th, above both Herbert and Josh Allen. Under Offense, the rating difference between Cousins and Tannehill is pretty big: 88.2 for Cousins, 83.8 for Tannehill.

Hey, when it comes to lying with numbers, I'm an expert--used to work for politicians...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom