2021 NFL Thread | Page 197 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Ya I'm over last yr's SB being the case study everyone points to for OL importance. That only proves you can't have 4 starters out and be a total disaster.
You need a competency threshold but otherwise it's seemed to mostly not matter all that much who the elite QBs have in front of them a lot of times. When Marrone was in Buffalo he Miami & the Jets all had nasty DLs and it didn't amount to squat.
If you put a ton of pressure on a QB I don't give a sheet who he is he's gonna lose the game. If the opposing defense overtakes your OL then it's all over but the shouting. Of course most times if you have a bad OL then you're unlikely to get a sniff at the SB.

I hope the Broncos are enjoying that tremendous value they got with Bradley Chubb.
The Bronco fans aren't. I posted here during the draft that I wanted a qb in that spot, now there was Allen and Rosen and Lamar available, we would still have to believe Elway would make the right choice, but we could've had our franchise qb. Then one more step would be, would he have been developed correctly, I have some doubts with the staff at that time.

I've been thinking about this lately (memo to self: You think too much).

'Everybody' says that this is a bad year to look for a QB in the draft. What if 'everybody' is wrong?

More specifically, if there are few QB's who have the 'total package', but the offense you plan to run doesn't require the whole package but rather a more specific skill set, it could be a great year to draft a QB, especially if they get pushed further down the board than normal?

OK, I'll stop thinking now.
Fair point but as sure as night follows day one or more teams are going to draft a QB earlier than expected. It happens every year, such is the need at the position.

Zach Taylor is a perfect example of a coach who's success is totally dependent on talent. As this game goes Vrabel will figure it out. Taylor won't.
Roy Williams of the NFL?

The Bronco fans aren't. I posted here during the draft that I wanted a qb in that spot, now there was Allen and Rosen and Lamar available, we would still have to believe Elway would make the right choice, but we could've had our franchise qb. Then one more step would be, would he have been developed correctly, I have some doubts with the staff at that time.
PFF has Denver taking QB Sam Howell of North Carolina. To say he has a strong arm is an understatement.

PFF has Denver taking QB Sam Howell of North Carolina. To say he has a strong arm is an understatement.
There's a lot of guys who can throw a football through a brick wall. But the biggest thing for top NFL QB's is reading defenses and anticipating who is going to come open before they come open. Then comes pinpoint accuracy. At least that's what I think.

Parlaying TB -3 with Buf/KC over 54.

I wouldn’t mind LA winning but I won’t bet against Brady.
I'm getting 2007 Giants D-line vibes with the Rams team. Going Rams +3 with a money line sprinkle.

There's a lot of guys who can throw a football through a brick wall. But the biggest thing for top NFL QB's is reading defenses and anticipating who is going to come open before they come open. Then comes pinpoint accuracy. At least that's what I think.

My point is that there may be teams who require a strong arm for their system. Maybe the Steelers, for example. I don't claim to know what his other strengths and weaknesses are. You're right. A strong arm w/o anything else won't cut it.

My point is that there may be teams who require a strong arm for their system. Maybe the Steelers, for example. I don't claim to know what his other strengths and weaknesses are. You're right. A strong arm w/o anything else won't cut it.
A guy can do it in college particularly if he can run well. In college wide receivers run wide open all the time. I think that's why so many big time college QB's go bust in the pro's. Many are called but few are chosen.

Yeah I've seen different sites having 3 different qb's for us so far. Crap shoot as usual.

Burrow got hit worse than Rodgers cuz he held on to the ball and got sacked nine times. The three turnovers that Tennessee had helped Cinci quite a bit although they only got in the end zone one time. The difference in the GB game was obviously special teams.
5 three and outs for the supposed league MVP and less than 200 yards after the first drive.

Cinncinati had two 3 and outs the entire game, had over 350 yards, and a most of those sacks were when the Bengals were already in scoring position.

While special teams played a huge part in that game you cannot expect to win a playoff game when you only get into scoring position on 3 drives the entire game.

Dallas was more productive last week against that same defense.

5 three and outs for the supposed league MVP and less than 200 yards after the first drive.

Cinncinati had two 3 and outs the entire game, had over 350 yards, and a most of those sacks were when the Bengals were already in scoring position.

While special teams played a huge part in that game you cannot expect to win a playoff game when you only get into scoring position on 3 drives the entire game.

Dallas was more productive last week against that same defense.
And SF was a whole lot more productive last week as well against Dallas. JG threw for a whopping 131 yards last night. Different kind of game. Last night was a defensive battle that was going to come down to a few plays. Game was also played at temps 70 degrees lower than what was played in Dallas.

If GB executes basic plays with a punt and a FG then Rodgers is the winning QB and you're not losing your sheet over why he isn't being criticized.

Garoppolo really sucks and should have been picked off at least three more times. I think the 49ers D is the best I've seen all season far-and-away. The Ravens won their first Super Bowl with the immortal Trent Dilfer, who at his best, would have been a scout team player at Alabama.

I think both matchups today are intriguing. Go Bills.

And SF was a whole lot more productive last week as well against Dallas. JG threw for a whopping 131 yards last night. Different kind of game. Last night was a defensive battle that was going to come down to a few plays. Game was also played at temps 70 degrees lower than what was played in Dallas.

If GB executes basic plays with a punt and a FG then Rodgers is the winning QB and you're not losing your sheet over why he isn't being criticized.
Garoppolo is an average QB. Nobody expects him to be the reason the niners win games. Teams put up points in the cold all the time. BTW GB is now 7-7 at Lambeau in the playoffs since 2002.

Maria Taylor coming in hot with the "don't pick against Stafford" take. Didn't see that one coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom