2021 NFL Thread | Page 214 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Honestly think Kobe's death was a small factor in Brady leaving New England/retiring now

Honestly think Kobe's death was a small factor in Brady leaving New England/retiring now
He left NE because Belichick screwed up drafts and the team salary cap hell for all the missed draft picks.
Plus he would have had to take a pay below market value.

Patriots needed to rebuild. 20 years and the credit card bill came due.

Brady went to a team a QB away and cemented his legacy even more.
Plus he got top of the market money in Tampa.

He leaves 16.5 million in dead money retiring now.
Tampa will likely post June 1 cut him and do what the Saints did with Brees will make his salary the minimum and spread the dead money over 5 years.

Brady will sign a 1 day Patriots contract and retire a Pat.
What a stupid system .. someone retires it and negatively effects your cap through no fault of your own. Or the system is brilliant in that the owners create a situation where they can blame it for not spending

He left NE because Belichick screwed up drafts and the team salary cap hell for all the missed draft picks.
Plus he would have had to take a pay below market value.

Patriots needed to rebuild. 20 years and the credit card bill came due.

Brady went to a team a QB away and cemented his legacy even more.
Plus he got top of the market money in Tampa.

Yeah those are all more valid reasons at least for him leaving New England, but I was still a little surprised he didn't stay til the end.

Yeah those are all more valid reasons at least for him leaving New England, but I was still a little surprised he didn't stay til the end.
If Belichick takes AJ Brown or Deebo Samuel instead of Nkeal Harry I don’t think he leaves.
That 2020 Patriots team had no talent.
The team did well this past draft with Jones, Barmore, Stevenson and if they had Samuel/Brown with Bourne, Aghilur, and the TEs with Brady they are liking playing divisional weekend along with Chiefs, Bills and someone else.

He just was sick of carrying the load. He didn’t have to carry the load in tampa. However just like Belichick missed Brady I think Brady appreciated Belichick dealing with Arians.

Saw lots of great QBs in my day…Marino, Montana, Elway, Kelly, Favre, Rogers, Ben, and now young guns like Mahomes, Allen. But nobody can touch TB12. Hated his teams for winning so damn much but it was flat out amazing to watch his career. Nobody can touch the GOAT.

Brady, Gronk, Ben in one HOF class.

If their is enough Patriots bias they can sneak Edelman who doesn’t belong in the HOF in that class.

If Belichick takes AJ Brown or Deebo Samuel instead of Nkeal Harry I don’t think he leaves.
That 2020 Patriots team had no talent.
The team did well this past draft with Jones, Barmore, Stevenson and if they had Samuel/Brown with Bourne, Aghilur, and the TEs with Brady they are liking playing divisional weekend along with Chiefs, Bills and someone else.

He just was sick of carrying the load. He didn’t have to carry the load in tampa. However just like Belichick missed Brady I think Brady appreciated Belichick dealing with Arians.
I don't think it was that I think he wanted something different. He wanted to do it without bill.

If true, I should be celebrating today. Unfortunately still rattled from last weekend.

If initial reporting is true - End of an era….
Honestly, while I respected the heck out of Brady and thought he was one of the greats, I didn’t think of him as the QB GOAT until he engineered the SB 51 comeback victory over the Falcons.
Told my (adult) children watching at the time - savor what you just saw, because it was once in a lifetime display of greatness.
Brady, Jordan, Ali and Phelps (argument for Pele and Hammering Hank too) are on the “personal Mt Rushmore“ of GOATS of my lifetime.
I’ll miss watching him…..

Brady will retire at the end of the Man of the Arena episode 10.
He wants his golden parachute.

Wasn't that already filmed? I suppose they could film his actual announcement and add it to the episode or he can just announce it on his podcast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom