2021 NFL Thread | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Is he healthy? And by healthy, I mean is his shoulder functional?
He can’t throw the football accurately.

I was pissed when they resigned him but it was cheap money and not guaranteed.

He wasn’t accurate pre-injury and now he is worse. Patriots offense is short throws based.

He would be an immediate upgrade in Dallas to back up Dak.
I said Buffalo because of their Carolina connections not because he would allow himself to be a backup.
I don’t see him going to Dallas unless Dak is hurt.

Why can we all see what so many "experts" could not? This dude was washed last year...it was obvious. Yet so many of the NFL talking heads had him as the starter at least for the beginning of the year
I actually think Cam would have given them a better chance to win the opener.
Miami isn’t good at run defense.
They shouldn’t need to throw against them.
The first 3 games Miami, @NYJ, NO I wanted Cam as I thought they could go 2-1 or 3-0.
The Tampa game they would have needed Mac to be able to throw the ball.

This at least makes the Patriots more watchable. Their games were incredibly boring last year with their inability to throw further than 5 yards downfield.

I doubt a team like the Jets will sign Cam. Likewise with Houston. I think if he ends up somewhere, it's as a backup behind an established starter like Seattle, Baltimore, KC, Dallas, etc.

Bama with three QB1s on opening day in the NFL that were all in the same QB room in college.

Hope the Giants can get Bryce Young.

Patriots defense is going to be good.
They have depth on the front 7 and Uche and Judon on the edges with Hightower, Van Noy at LB and Dugger, Philips and Jackson secondary.

So Mac won’t have to light it up.
Plus he has a good OL protecting him. Play action with Harris will be deadly.
Smith and Henry at TE.
Deep stable of RBs.
Only weakness is WR.

I could see the Patriots going 11-6.
I do think Buffalo is better but the gap isn’t huge.

I doubt a team like the Jets will sign Cam. Likewise with Houston. I think if he ends up somewhere, it's as a backup behind an established starter like Seattle, Baltimore, KC, Dallas, etc.
He can’t throw the football.
Going to KC or Seattle make no sense.
Baltimore I give you they could want him if he would go there.
NE cut him because he didn’t want to be a backup.

I mean, is there a chance they cut him bc he still wants a crack at starting and he asked to be cut?

Saints-Packers game is being moved.
Dallas is the odds on favorite spot for the game.

I mean, is there a chance they cut him bc he still wants a crack at starting and he asked to be cut?
He didn’t want to be the backup NE is reporting. So he got cut.

I don’t see any team except Houston or if Dak is major hurt Dallas giving him a chance to start right now.

I thought Cam looked better than he did last year (not saying much) but Mac was better and Belichick prolly didn't want keep Cam around with his vaccination status and dealing with any stupid QB controversy questions every week

There's no point of guessing where he's going to go. Would think he just sits out and waits for someone to have a major injury and heads there. Pretty unlikely he's going to bother going to back up someone for the vet minimum.

That's nice and all but that just tells me he either won't sign anywhere or he'll end up being humbled a bit and take a contract to be a backup. I'll be surprised if anyone offers him a starting gig this season.

He didn’t want to be the backup NE is reporting. So he got cut.

I don’t see any team except Houston or if Dak is major hurt Dallas giving him a chance to start right now.

That's nice and all but that just tells me he either won't sign anywhere or he'll end up being humbled a bit and take a contract to be a backup. I'll be surprised if anyone offers him a starting gig this season.
Dallas is already looking at signing him.

They have depth on the front 7 and Uche and Judon on the edges with Hightower, Van Noy at LB and Dugger, Philips and Jackson secondary.

Smith and Henry at TE.
Deep stable of RBs.
Only weakness is WR.

The gap is huge.

I think Buffalo should be the clear favorites to win the division, but I do think both New England and Miami could challenge if things break well for them/Buffalo slips up at all.

This at least makes the Patriots more watchable. Their games were incredibly boring last year with their inability to throw further than 5 yards downfield.
You could relate to that last year. :)

Smith and Henry at TE.
Deep stable of RBs.
Only weakness is WR.

I actually think NE over 9.5 is a good bet. I won't do it because I don't want to have to root for them.

Smith and Henry at TE.
Deep stable of RBs.
Only weakness is WR.

I'm never going to get used to seeing odd number projections

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom