2021 NFL Thread | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Nantz Romo doing Bears Bucs next week is hilarious. I wonder if they would do Lions Bucs over Bills Ravens.

holy cow this Steelers D is the worst tackling D of recent memory ..

Big turd is going to lose this one for Pitt after being up 14-0 at home vs geno smith .. lolllll

Man has Pittsburgh fallen off a cliff. Geno Smith at QB and there letting Alex Collins look like Barry Sanders

I seriously cannot deal with refball anymore. They wanted to not call a fumble so bad so they had to invent a phantom hold.

I seriously cannot deal with refball anymore. They wanted to not call a fumble so bad so they had to invent a phantom hold.
That was an amazing “call from the main office “ hold call .. basically functioned as a turnover

this had all the feel of "last team with the ball loses" type of game. Big Ben missed so many throws...about 5 almost picks...seattle would have done well to just keep punting it to them

Haha. Honestly anytime anyone says anything positive about Dallas on air the cries about bias go wild. It's a franchise that hasn't seen an NFC championship game since '95. If anything the majority of the press coverage spends more time calling any decent record a fluke or chalking up success to playing in a garbage division.

I just call it the way I see it. For the record, I stay off slamming Dallas because a few friends here are Dallas fans and it's not worth it to me to offend them.

But seriously, you haven't noticed how animated Romo becomes when Dallas does something good? It's obvious to me, anyway. That said, what I really find annoying is his tendency to call the play before it happens. I also dislike how he sounds so disappointed when someone makes a bad play it a big moment. Like his record in those same situations was was even close to acceptable, let alone good.

Last edited:
Same old Geno. SMH.
I think he did fine considering he hasnt played in years and was never good. Watt is sort of a captain Insano.

So let me get this straight.

The NFL deemed the DJ Metcalf obvious catch was worth stopping a dying clock for a booth review, fundamentally altering the game kinetics as Seattle had no time outs and the clock was ticking to zero...

BUT...didn't feel it was worth reviewing the 3rd down Dak QB sneak, in which time wasn't even a factor? What kind of bozos run this multibillion dollar venture?

Last edited:
I just call it the way I see it. For the record, I stay off slamming Dallas because a few friends here are Dallas fans and it's not worth it to me to offend them.

But seriously, you haven't noticed how animated Romo becomes when Dallas does something good? It's obvious to me, anyway. That said, what I really find annoying is his tendency to call the play before it happens. I also dislike how he sounds so disappointed when someone makes a bad play it a big moment. Like his record in those same situations was was even close to acceptable, let alone good.

For the record I've never been a fan of Romo as a commentator. Some like him but I'm not a fan. In some of the games I have watched he has been the opposite of what you you noted and then just as animated as he was at times yesterday with other teams and players. Overall I'm just not a fan of him in the booth. Furthermore guys like Aikman have gone to long extents to be almost negative on the air about the Cowboys to avoid that bias and that is annoying too.

I think it's fair to say that if your team sucks or is having a bad year/dissapointing year that generally you end up more grumbly about these kinda things. Plenty of that for me in the last 27 yrs lol.

For the record I've never been a fan of Romo as a commentator. Some like him but I'm not a fan. In some of the games I have watched he has been the opposite of what you you noted and then just as animated as he was at times yesterday with other teams and players. Overall I'm just not a fan of him in the booth. Furthermore guys like Aikman have gone to long extents to be almost negative on the air about the Cowboys to avoid that bias and that is annoying too.

I think it's fair to say that if your team sucks or is having a bad year/dissapointing year that generally you end up more grumbly about these kinda things. Plenty of that for me in the last 27 yrs lol.

I watch a lot of games (not just the Cowboy ones) muted. I found that the commentary and play by play doesn't really add much.

I watch a lot of games (not just the Cowboy ones) muted. I found that the commentary and play by play doesn't really add much.
But it sure can take away a lot. I find nfl broadcasts to be the worst. They are hard pressed to criticize because most of the analysts want back in the league … thus no bridges need skewering…

Romo and Collinsworth in one day is far more than my wife could stand last night. She heard Chris talk for about 2 minutes before she headed up to bed.

Yeah I'm with you. There are very few crews I can stand at the pro or college levels. Honestly when there is a former SU guy/gal in the booth I will listen but otherwise I mute or turn it down.

Romo and Collinsworth in one day is far more than my wife could stand last night. She heard Chris talk for about 2 minutes before she headed up to bed.
It's so annoying when he gives the "don't tell me this guy can't still throw it!" speech after one good pass. The guy stinks Chris and everyone knows it, . At least he didn't justify phantom holds on replay this time.

So let me get this straight.

The NFL deemed the DJ Metcalf obvious catch was worth stopping a dying clock for a booth review, fundamentally altering the game kinetics as Seattle had no time outs and the clock was ticking to zero...

BUT...didn't feel it was worth reviewing the 3rd down Dak QB sneak, in which time wasn't even a factor? What kind of bozos run this multibillion dollar venture?

Yeah, something goofy going on with all that. The Metcalf catch was, even in real time, no clearly a good catch. But it was followed with what was potentially a turnover in the last two minutes, so there's that. There are two real problems there: 1.) Metcalf was too stupid to get out of bounds; and 2.) the referees are still terrified of making a tight call that gets exposed and analyzed by a dozen replays, and critiqued by a former ref up in the booth.

Romo was rooting for Dallas but it honestly didn’t bother me one iota because it was organic and real.
He isn’t corporate and calls things like he sees them but he clearly is close to the Cowboys organization.

I can’t stand Collinsworth at all. He is bought and paid for by 345 Park Ave. He isn’t organic anymore and everything he says is to defend the shield or whomever talks to him.
His ballwashing for Pat Mahomes is off the charts more than Madden and Favre level.
He is defending the refs week after week.

He is the worst.

And this is why the Manning cast is the best. They tell it like it is.

Romo was rooting for Dallas but it honestly didn’t bother me one iota because it was organic and real.
He isn’t corporate and calls things like he sees them but he clearly is close to the Cowboys organization.

I can’t stand Collinsworth at all. He is bought and paid for by 345 Park Ave. He isn’t organic anymore and everything he says is to defend the shield or whomever talks to him.
His ballwashing for Pat Mahomes is off the charts more than Madden and Favre level.
He is defending the refs week after week.

He is the worst.

At this juncture anyone at any level defending officiating is comical. I honestly think either you need more officials for every sport or calls need to be from a booth with the on field guys being more like chaperones. I don't think it's the officials themselves as much as how many rules and details we have now across all sports. It's just too much

And this is why the Manning cast is the best. They tell it like it is.

I dunno, I tried watching that a week or two ago and found their tangential prattle distracting. I'm with Guinness - I often turn the sound down and just watch. I think the whole "cult of efficiency" has invaded NFL booths, causing announcers to overextend themselves almost every play to explain its complexities in 15 seconds. Or to make a simple sweep sound like Normandy, when it's really just "search."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom