2021 PGA Tour | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2021 PGA Tour

seems like they are giving money away.. more holes more tv more revenue.

it wasnt that long ago no one had ever seen the first 9 holes since coverage started on the weekends hole 10 and there was no coverage at all the first 2 days just an 1130pm quick update..

Augusta does so much right, but the whole ongoing idea of “let’s withhold some golf to create more demand” is ridiculous in 2021.

the course and tourney isn’t going to lose any of its allure if we get to watch more of it you knuckleheads.

at least this year we get 4,5,6 as featured holes in addition to amen corner and 15,16. 4,5,6 starts at 8:45. And there are 4 featured groups now which is nice starting at 10:00.

For regular coverage to start at 3:00 is a farce. And it’s completely unnecessary.

Agree I don't understand it. It's still very special and exclusive to actually attend the tournament, even if we get to watch more on tv.

Who we rolling with this weekend fellas?

I got some:

Sungjae 60/1
Wolff 100/1 and 125/1 (I can’t quit the guy)
Cameron Champ 250/1 and I was at turning stone today and he dropped to 500/1 and I couldn’t help myself

Took some Bryson on my offshore even though I can’t stand the guy and I always have my gf pick a guy in majors and she took DJ. Lol

My initial thought was that you must have posted a typo on Wolff at 100-1. Given what he did at the US Open and PGA last year he has to have better odds then that. I went and looked at my sight and it was 90-1 -- so 100-1 on another site is certainly possible. Great value pick - stunned to see he was available at those odds be it 90-1 or 100-1.

Augusta does so much right, but the whole ongoing idea of “let’s withhold some golf to create more demand” is ridiculous in 2021.

the course and tourney isn’t going to lose any of its allure if we get to watch more of it you knuckleheads.

at least this year we get 4,5,6 as featured holes in addition to amen corner and 15,16. 4,5,6 starts at 8:45. And there are 4 featured groups now which is nice starting at 10:00.

For regular coverage to start at 3:00 is a farce. And it’s completely unnecessary.

When I started to watch the Masters in the 90's coverage would start at 3:30 or 4:00 on Sunday. It was as if holes #1 through #7 never existed. And since I did not have cable available (I lived in the country) there was nothing availalble on Thursday and Friday except for CBS doing a 1 hour summary show late at night. At least now on the weekend we see the leaders for the whole 18 holes. But yes it could be better.

I hate streaming or watching through apps, so at least in Canada amen corner and featured groups is on regular TV channels -- although I seem to remember that starting earlier than 11:00. Right now it's "on the range" coverage.

Last edited:
I made 38 bets for the weekend (all small stuff -- total bet was around $400). I spread my bets widely to help me keep entertained and always have something to follow throughout the weekend. Don't make much, won't lose much.

My best value bets IMO:
- Seniors to make the cut. Mike Weir at +225, Couples at +200, Langer at +130.
- Molinari top 20 at +350
- Hole in One at -175. They set up the pin at 16 on the last day like a sinkhole.
- Bubba Watson top 10 at +550. Lefties have a huge advantage at Augusta, he is coming off a top 10.
- Dustin Johnson -175 over Rory Mcilroy over 72 holes. Rory is a mess right now -- good guy hope he turns it around soon.

In creating my group to win it all I worked on the theory that historically players doing well over the first 3 months of the year tend to quite well here even if they have no real pedigree at Augusta. Many examples of this. First time I have tried this method for a major, so we will see if any are strong contenders.

So I sorted the WGR rankings by 2021 points only and took the 8 best players with odds of 25-1 and over, and I also added Bubba at 80-1 and Connors at 80-1.

Horschel at 90-1 is good value IMO. He is a streaky player. He was #1 and #2 in the past two WGC events (over the past 5 weeks) and is #1 in the world in 2021 points earned. He has poor history at Augusta which is why he is at 90-1.

The other 7 I have are - Finau, Morikawa, Homa, Casey, Westwood, Koepka, Scheffler. Koepka has been banged up which has to be the reason he is at 28-1. He has played well in regular events in 2021, which is typically not the case for him.

Last edited:
My initial thought was that you must have posted a typo on Wolff at 100-1. Given what he did at the US Open and PGA last year he has to have better odds then that. I went and looked at my sight and it was 90-1 -- so 100-1 on another site is certainly possible. Great value pick - stunned to see he was available at those odds be it 90-1 or 100-1.
I got 100/1 at turning stone and 125/1 on betonline last night! It's crazy. He hasn't been good lately but when he's playing well he can hang with anybody in the world. And he's shown up for the big ones in the past.

Rough start this morning though haha

I really like Will Zalatoris as a value pick as well for top 5, top 10, top 20 betting. He has been on a really good run since last June. He was a KFT player that took advantage of a few exemptions to earn his PGA tour card.

Watching the DJ/Westwood and Keopka/Watson/Hovland groups on ESPN+ right now, I don’t think I’ve seen partially burnt greens like this before at the masters

Last edited:
seems like they are giving money away.. more holes more tv more revenue.

it wasnt that long ago no one had ever seen the first 9 holes since coverage started on the weekends hole 10 and there was no coverage at all the first 2 days just an 1130pm quick update..

Remember about 20 years ago when some group threatened to boycott the TV sponsors? Their reaction was OK no commercials. They are rolling in so much dough they don't care.

Bernard Langer even par thru 16. Amazing how he still is this good at 63. He dominated the Senior Tour up until about 2 years ago as their top player, now he just competes for a top 5 spot on that tour.

I mentioned this up above and placed my bet today. Took Brian Harman at 100-1 to win and 18-1 to come in the top 5. Also took Speith to win at 11-1. It's crazy all the things you can bet.
Nice 1st round by clubhouse leader Brian Harman. Now I just need him to be there on Sunday.

Westwood ditching his girlfriend for his son... not paying off, lol

DJ and Bubba looking good, from watching the featured groups.

Westwood ditching his girlfriend for his son... not paying off, lol

DJ and Bubba looking good, from watching the featured groups.
I didn't understand why Westwood did it unless the GF had some issues. They were a real good team with success.

I didn't understand why Westwood did it unless the GF had some issues. They were a real good team with success.
Agreed, all I could find is an article where he said he would use both, and rotate throughout the season. Seems like a distraction, especially with his recent success.

could also be the course.. this is up there for the hardest one to walk.

Random first round thoughts at 4:00pm:

1. Wayne Player during the Lee Elder moment. Like father like son. Gary player has always been a self centered douche. Apparently son is too

2. Patrick Reed is factually not a good guy. It’s not opinion. Patrick Reed is so talented that he could win 3 green jackets. Also not opinion

3. If you tell me you bet on Beziedenhout I don’t believe you.

4. Bryson has seen parts of the property that have never been on TV before

Random first round thoughts at 4:00pm:

1. Wayne Player during the Lee Elder moment. Like father like son. Gary player has always been a self centered douche. Apparently son is too

2. Patrick Reed is factually not a good guy. It’s not opinion. Patrick Reed is so talented that he could win 3 green jackets. Also not opinion

3. If you tell me you bet on Beziedenhout I don’t believe you.

4. Bryson has seen parts of the property that have never been on TV before
OnCore claiming ignorance in the OnCore Wayne Player fiasco. They are a proud supporter of minority golfers. Wayne Player has a checkered past. Masters 2021: Did Gary Player's son attempt guerrilla marketing during Lee Elder's ceremony?

Agreed, all I could find is an article where he said he would use both, and rotate throughout the season. Seems like a distraction, especially with his recent success.

Westwood probably wanted to share the Masters experience with his son.

He did not qualify for the masters in 2019.
He did make it in 2020.

Until his recent success he was walking the borders of the top 50 for some time. It's not going to be easy for him to keep qualifying for the Masters moving forward -- 2022 is on a good track however as he is currently #20 in the world , and is on good pace to finish top 30 in FedEx. But that might be his last trip.

Golf has so much advertisement. I feel no difference either way that somebody did this -- a bit of a dick move I suppose, but not a big deal. I don't think it really stole the Lee Elder moment in any tangible way.

Sort of an unrelated item about the Masters.
In watching the "TIGER" documentary, watching Hootie so sanctimoniously scolding Tiger after his indiscretions was so typical Augusta. Just think of all the indiscretions that Augusta has done in the past and if they were criticized for them they would just cut you off. Nobody that plays there or covers them dares to criticize them in any way.

Augusta is like the NCAA to me.

I love the Masters tournament and the NCAA tournament -- they are two of my more enjoyable events of the year. Yet the people that run them I greatly dislike. I can't stand the NCAA and historically the people that run Augusta. It's this weird conflict that I have been able to largely ignore when I watch the events.

Augusta is like the NCAA to me.

I love the Masters tournament and the NCAA tournament -- they are two of my more enjoyable events of the year. Yet the people that run them I greatly dislike. I can't stand the NCAA and historically the people that run Augusta. It's this weird conflict that I have been able to largely ignore when I watch the events.
Chris Russo said it well this week. When you learn to separate your ideology from your entertainment, life is more fun. Dixie chicks, Bruce Springsteen, mel Gibson. NCAA, ANGC, and the state of GA. I agree with what you say. If you ignore it, you will gain more utility